bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 9th May 2012, 11:38   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Simcity Preview

What do Playmobil and Google Maps have in common? Read on to find out.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...city-preview/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 11:45   #2
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
FYI, page two's [h ] tag is close with an [/i ] tag >.>

I'm looking forward to this game, looks quite like my kind of thing.

One thing I'd like from a game like this is the ability to do things from my ipad, almost a cloud interaction, but perhaps just menial decision making stuff that I might want/need to do when I'm not at my desktop. It'd be even nicer to have the city in a persistent state, or the option to do so, so it "ran" without being played, kinda like Stronghold Kingdoms does.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 11:47   #3
mattbailey
Multimodder

mattbailey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wait until you see its price tag - http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea...hemeID.9475600

44.99 for the (not so) limited edition
64.99 for the digital deluxe edition
mattbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 11:50   #4
alialias
Modder

alialias has yet to learn the way of the Dremelalialias has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have a sim city game and I love it but I literally can't get past the tutorial, I always mean to persevere but man I find it hard!
After exams, i'll see what I can do.
That price is steep... too steep to see me upgrading.
alialias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 12:18   #5
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbailey View Post
Wait until you see its price tag - http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea...hemeID.9475600

44.99 for the (not so) limited edition
64.99 for the digital deluxe edition
jesus christ why the **** are you looking on origin?
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 12:35   #6
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I love the look of this, but not the toybox graphics. Jeeze.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 13:28   #7
ChromeX
I *am* a Dremel

ChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
Well it's an EA game isn't it, not like it's gonna be on steam?
ChromeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 13:43   #8
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeX View Post
there is such a thing as a shop or online retailer like amazon or play.com

there is life outside of steam
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 13:51   #9
Woollster00
Modder

Woollster00 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeX View Post
there is such a thing as a shop or online retailer like amazon or play.com

there is life outside of steam
+1 a lot of people don't realise this so be careful what you tell them
Woollster00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 13:51   #10
mattbailey
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith

Because thats where I got the prices from, merely to make a point.

I can assure you I will be buying from the cheapest place!

Amazon - 40.71 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/SimCity-Limi...6564354&sr=8-2

Play.com - 44.99 - http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3006...rlrefer=search
Old 9th May 2012, 13:54   #11
lava
Multimodder

lava is definitely a rep cheat.lava is definitely a rep cheat.lava is definitely a rep cheat.lava is definitely a rep cheat.lava is definitely a rep cheat.lava is definitely a rep cheat.lava is definitely a rep cheat.lava is definitely a rep cheat.lava is definitely a rep cheat.lava is definitely a rep cheat.lava is definitely a rep cheat.
Asda 33

http://direct.asda.com/on/demandware...how?q=sim+city

Probably be around the same in most places
Old 9th May 2012, 13:57   #12
mattbailey
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lava
Asda 33

http://direct.asda.com/on/demandware...how?q=sim+city

Probably be around the same in most places
+1 - I couldnt find it when I looked earlier!
Old 9th May 2012, 14:29   #13
Nikumba
Supermodder

Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Nikumba is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nice preview, but shame you have not pointed out the need for always on internet as was reported few weeks back.

While looks good, it seems like D3 you will need an always on internet game to keep in contact with other cities etc

Kimbie
Nikumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 15:03   #14
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Liking the look of this. On paper this has always sounded the most boring game IN THE WORLD. Build houses. Factories. Roads. Power lines. Roads. Bus stops.....but it's so ****ing addictive...
Old 9th May 2012, 15:06   #15
bdigital
Is re-building his PC again

bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.
When is it due out?

Check out my Apline White TJ07 - Case Mod and Water cooled build. http://www.flickr.com/photos/6188486...7631486959032/
bdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 15:27   #16
Dave Lister
Hypermodder

Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dave Lister is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
What i'd really like to see in a simcity game is a non linear way to build your city. In that this game, as all the other simcities were, based around a capitalist system. If we could input our own rules somehow and then develop a city instead of sticking with the standard capitalist rules. I realize that would complicate the game a bit but it'd be a much more sophisticated simulation. Because we all know deep down capitalism is deeply flawed don't we ??
Main Rig:Case: BitFenix Prodigy, Motherboard: MSI Z97I Gaming, CPU: Intel i7 4790K, RAM: 16Gb 2400Mhz Kingston HyperX Beast GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming, Primary HDD: 256Gb Samsung 850 Pro, Games Drive: 1Tb Toshiba SSHD, Cooler: Corsair H105, OS: Win 7 - 64
HTPC:Case: Gutted out VCR, Motherboard: Asus AT5IONT-I, CPU: Intel Atom D525 @ 1.94Ghz, RAM: 4Gb 1333Mhz Kingston GPU: Nvidia Ion 2, Primary HDD: Hitachi 500Gb, Optical Drive: NEC ND-6500A Laptop Drive, OS: Win 8.1 32
Dave Lister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 17:21   #17
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lister
What i'd really like to see in a simcity game is a non linear way to build your city. In that this game, as all the other simcities were, based around a capitalist system. If we could input our own rules somehow and then develop a city instead of sticking with the standard capitalist rules. I realize that would complicate the game a bit but it'd be a much more sophisticated simulation. Because we all know deep down capitalism is deeply flawed don't we ??
Sim Liverpool?
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 17:39   #18
fingerbob69
Hypermodder

fingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sim Greece?

Cordless Mouseman optical ...deceased
XFX 4890 + Artic Twin Turbo Pro ...retired 26.10.2014
fingerbob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 18:51   #19
sear
Multimodder

sear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for president
Dumbed down game mechanics -> don't give a **** about prettier graphics or all the fancy simulation tech.
sear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 18:56   #20
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks awful, but then looks aren't everything.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote