bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th May 2012, 09:40   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Titan Fenrir Siberia review

Titan's latest cooler is a huge, with a split heatsink design to cool your CPU and motherboard.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...beria-review/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 09:50   #2
dactone
dact-one

dactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
it makes you think ,do company's even test there products in the prototype stage ?
Old 10th May 2012, 10:01   #3
Jaybles
Hypermodder

Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I feel like I should point out it isn't a unique design.
Prolimatech Genesis
i7 950 @ 3.8 1.192v|Noctua NH-U12P SE2|Asus P6X58D-E|12 GB DDR3 1600|1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3|Samsung 830 64GB|XFX Double D R7950|Asus Xonar DG|Antec Quattro 850w|Bitfenix Colossus|Dell U2311H|Dell E173FP
Steam|PSN:nythraln
Jaybles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 10:20   #4
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Jeez, what a monstrosity. I can see people buying it if it was the mutt's nuts, but there's no way I'd put up with the amount of obstruction it creates inside the case; regardless of how it performed.

I'd like to be able to change my RAM without having to remove the motherboard.

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 10:35   #5
hyperion
Supermodder

hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.
I think that an enthusiast would not be depending on the cpu cooler to cool the motherboard, and if you're going big then you might as well go for a noctua D-14 or something like that. It's not low-profile or high-performance either. I think the concept for this cooler was wrong, unless the concept was to market a gimmick.
hyperion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 10:45   #6
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybles
I feel like I should point out it isn't a unique design.
Prolimatech Genesis
You are correct; it wasn't very good either though.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 10:46   #7
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How much? You having a laugh or what? And, just for a laugh, bet it doesn't perform well if you remove the fans and use it as a passive heatsink, because there's no space to put your normal case fans in...
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 10:47   #8
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's odd how the heatsink market has changed. When I started at bit-tech, 60 for a Thermalright Ultra Extreme wasn't seen as a bad investment, but the success of liquid coolers has pretty much made high-end heatsinks redundant. /discuss
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 11:01   #9
PingCrosby
Supermodder

PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Its obviously been named after the Siberian summer months, think I'll stick with me Frio a while longer yet
PingCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 11:15   #10
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
It's odd how the heatsink market has changed. When I started at bit-tech, 60 for a Thermalright Ultra Extreme wasn't seen as a bad investment, but the success of liquid coolers has pretty much made high-end heatsinks redundant. /discuss
Good point. We need another "Freezer 7 Pro moment" - Something cheap, easy to fit, relatively compact with great performance - to revive the HSF market. I'd buy one for one of my spare rigs.

However, I wouldn't touch an air cooler in the 40+ price range, but I am a WC fanboy and so probably not the most objective chap to ask.

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 11:16   #11
warejon9
Multimodder

warejon9 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Maybe it performs better in an open test bench? Due to it looking like it might have struggled due to the lack of case airflow around it? Either that or the front 120mm fan blows hot air onto the send radiator.
warejon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 11:39   #12
Siwini
What is 4+no.5?

Siwini has yet to learn the way of the DremelSiwini has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Push/pull configuration would definitely help
Win7 Pro 64Bit | I7 860 @4.0Ghz XSPC RS240 | Gigabyte P55-UD5 | 8GB G.Skill 1600 7 8 7 24| Crucial C300 64GB SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID0 | Asus GTX 570 | Asus Xonar DS 7.1 | Logitech Z-2300 | Corsair CMPSU 850 ATX | Xigmatek Utgard | Dell U2410
Siwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 11:48   #13
echo three
Multimodder

echo three has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dactone
it makes you think ,do company's even test there products in the prototype stage ?
this
Old 10th May 2012, 11:57   #14
Saivert
Supermodder

Saivert has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I wouldn't buy this cooler for sure.

But. I would love if Bit-tech focused on the clearance near/above RAM slots.
The cooler in this review seems to be designed to allow good space for RAM modules but I didn't really get a sense of it from the pictures. Maybe take out the motherboard and give us a side shot.
A lot of coolers clash with RAM modules that has tall heatsinks like Corsair Vengeance do.
Old 10th May 2012, 12:06   #15
Almightyrastus
Engineering the awesome

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
One thing I would like to see from HS manufacturers is to produce a template for a paper model of the same size and shape of the finished unit, nothing super detailed just a simplified blocky model so you can try it and see if there will be any conflicts.

I wouldn't have thought it will be a hard thing to produce as they will no doubt already have an accurate 3D CAD model of the HS
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 12:24   #16
.//TuNdRa
Resident Bulldozer Guru

.//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat.
The above is a damn good point, if I could've printed off a blocky outline of my Archon before i bought it and used that to check sizing; I'd've saved a damn good bit of time, it only barely fits in my Raven as is.

I think half the issue is that Copper and Aluminium are getting more expensive, so the good materials aren't that amazing.

I think the best heatsink out there at the second in a reasonable pricerange is the Frio, tbh. The recipie is proven. All that's needed is to make it cheaper still.
Dozy Beast: AMD FX8120 | Thermalright Archon | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP | Asus Xonar DX/XD | 2X SLI KFA2 550Ti White Edition | Silverstone SSTG1000W | Silverstone Raven RV-02B V1.7 | OCZ Agility 3 60GB | 2x WD 3TB RED RAID0 | Lite-on Blu-ray ROM
Dell U2913WM | Sennheiser HD 485s | Creative Gigaworks T40s | Logitech G13 | Microsoft Sidewinder X6 | Cyborg R.A.T 9
.//TuNdRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 12:46   #17
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
h80 performs better costs less and is an easier install you would have to be mad to buy this
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 12:51   #18
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
My silent running water cooled PC with EK CPU block, Eheim pump and slimline 320 rad is running 24/7 for over two years now without a refill. It never gets above 34c on load, running on a six core AMD Phenom (non overclocked) In fact before my rebuild two years ago. it was running the same block/pump/rad combination 24/7 since late 2003 on a AMD 4800+.

So I can say that my experience with the same WC setup is almost 9 years. And until now any aircooler the industry has invented never reach the temps I get with my trusty 9 year old WC setup. Let alone survive that long.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 12:54   #19
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
So are they assuming people who use and abuse computers don't know how to read a review on the internet?
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | eyefinity 4112x1024
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 13:23   #20
feathers
Banned

feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
This "cooler" sums up why I detest air cooling.
feathers is offline   Reply With Quote