bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th May 2012, 15:22   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 2GB Review

With a price £100 cheaper than the GTX 680 2GB, we find out how the GTX 670 fares. Hint: it's ace.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...0-2gb-review/1

Last edited by Baz; 10th May 2012 at 15:41.
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 15:28   #2
mikeyman198
Lets pretend this is hilarious.

mikeyman198 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeyman198 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeyman198 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeyman198 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeyman198 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeyman198 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
On the final Dirt 3 graph, the 690 results are red instead of the 670 one's, but other than that, great review. I'm liking the extensive test
Old 10th May 2012, 15:30   #3
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
Nice card, but were still in the world of 'slightly optimised' DX9 console ports, with the odd bit of DX11 tacked on, so until that changes, i wont pay more than £150 for a Gfx card these days.
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 15:33   #4
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler View Post
Nice card, but were still in the world of 'slightly optimised' DX9 console ports, with the odd bit of DX11 tacked on, so until that changes, i wont pay more than £150 for a Gfx card these days.
Depends what games you're a fan of fella. Project CARS and BF3 push them hard enough, that's for sure.
Old 10th May 2012, 15:36   #5
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman198 View Post
On the final Dirt 3 graph, the 690 results are red instead of the 670 one's, but other than that, great review. I'm liking the extensive test
Fixed! thanks for the eagle eyed spot.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 15:38   #6
dirky90
Supermodder

dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
also the performance, value and features read performance, features and features.

a good review and a good card, I just need to fight temptation....

Last edited by Baz; 10th May 2012 at 15:45. Reason: Thanks - also fixed!
dirky90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 15:42   #7
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
And that's the final nail in the coffin for GTX 580 retail sales.

I want, so much.

This much!

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 15:43   #8
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Great review of a fantastic card - just wish prices were lower and more reflective of the last generation (ie: sub £280). I'm going to wait for the 680 to take a price drop and then buy, the 670 is toting but arguably not an upgrade from a 580 bar thermals and power.
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 15:45   #9
N17 dizzi
Packet of mints and a Phillips head

N17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming SaiyanN17 dizzi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
7970 prices will hopefully drop.. again
N17 dizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 15:51   #10
scott_chegg
It's a tool.

scott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Can anyone lend me £330? I'll pay you back like Tuesday n sh*t.
My System: i5 2500K @ 4.7Ghz | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | Corsair H-50 Push-Pull with Silent Eagle 2000's | Silverstone Raven RV03 | EVGA 670 FTW | Dell SP2309W | Antec 750W TruePower Blue | Win 7 x64 | Crucial 64GB C300 for OS | Samsung 830 256GB for Active Games & a 1TB Samsung for Steam. Perphiperals: Roccat Kone+ Max V2 | CMStorm Quickfire Pro with Cherry Reds | Cyborg F.L.Y 5 stick for flying and a Logitech DF GT for driving.
scott_chegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 15:56   #11
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_chegg
Clearly we need to start advertising pay-day loans around big GPU and CPU launches!
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 16:00   #12
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
Got an EVGA 2gb SC (superclocked) for ~320£ over here in Denmark, lucky I did, prices are going up!

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 16:13   #13
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looking at the dinky little 7" card, I'm hopeful for some relatively low cost GPU blocks for the 670.

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 16:14   #14
Ljs
Limited Edition

Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.
Very nice performance and thermals, but a card with a noisey fan for over £300? No thanks!
Ljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 16:14   #15
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_chegg
Clearly we need to start advertising pay-day loans around big GPU and CPU launches!
We start doing that and I'm off
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 16:19   #16
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm waiting to see if they can do a cooler that doesn't extends the pcb size. I'd really like to see a GTX670 having the length of a mITX motherboard (mITX being 170mm and bare 670 pcb being 175mm). With an mSATA SSD and the PSU under the mobo, you have a nice and compact gaming cube

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 16:22   #17
aLtikal
1338-One step infront of the pro's

aLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming SaiyanaLtikal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Come on nVidea release something that hits the £200 mark otherwise ill buy a 7850! Anyone know when we can expect to see something at this price point?
aLtikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 16:25   #18
Zehetmayr
aka Zebedee101

Zehetmayr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Doh! This makes the £600 I spent on 580 SLI look stupid
New Build –Snorlax : Silverstone FT02R-WRI | ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 | 2500K @ 4.6 | Dark Rock PRO | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 1200W Antec HCP| 256GB Crucial M4 | MSI 290x Gaming |Asus Xonar DX | Corsair SP2500 | ATH-AD900 | Dell U3011
BF3 username: Zebedee101
Zehetmayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 16:44   #19
Jasio
Made in Canada

Jasio has yet to learn the way of the DremelJasio has yet to learn the way of the DremelJasio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Heya,

The prices listed are wrong. The US Price (ex tax) for the 680 GTX is $499 - why is it also $499 for the 670 GTX? The card is listed for $399.
[[Asus Rampage III Formula RoG | Intel Core i7 980X @ 4.2 Ghz | Corsair H70 | 12GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill | 2 x MSI 560Ti 1GB Twin Frozer II SLi | Corsair AX750 PSU | 2 x Crucial C300 128GB SSD + 3 x Samsung F1 1TB | Silverstone Fortress FT02B]]
Jasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 16:47   #20
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
Looks like a very solid purchase for anyone with a 4x0 older right now I think.

I still find it weird to see 6-series used in reference to the 670/680 family. When someone says 6-series I still think of the 6800 Ultra and 6600GT.