bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th May 2012, 16:24   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Microsoft attacked over Windows RT software restrictions

Microsoft has found itself under attack by Mozilla over plans to prevent third-party software on Windows RT.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2012/05...d-windows-rt/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 16:48   #2
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Microsoft said so many times that WinRT will be for folder browsing/file management, IE with plugin and Office ONLY. Not even notepad, or the calculator.

I don't know why Mozilla complain about, it was known since day 1. Microsoft doesn't oblige Firefox to have a button to open a tab using IE ActiveX, so why would Mozilla force Microsoft to allow their web browser. If they they allow Mozilla, then they would need to allow all programs. I mean I don't mind, but Microsoft is trying to remove the desktop. I think if Metro allowed app switching like a task bar, and there was a file management as a Metro thing, then the desktop would not even be their. And that is what I expect from Windows 9 RT (actually I expected that on Windows 8 RT.. but I guess they were out of time).

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 17:24   #3
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
How is this different from what Apple do with iOS? In fact, it's better because Microsoft are actually allowing alternate browsers to be installed in the first place. For some reason, Apple gets a free pass on these issues.

All this is ignoring the main point that Windows RT will be a pure touch experience, so talking about desktop Firefox for tablets is irrelevant anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 00:03   #4
yougotkicked
A.K.A. YGKtech

yougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Because when Apple insists on a homogeneous 'family' of apple products and services it's cool, trendy, and innovative.

When M$ does it it's just inbreeding.

Anti-trusts suits, hipsters, and hillbillies aside; I think M$ needs to create a secondary brand that will just re-release it's products under new names with altered UI's all in an effort to hide what they really are. IE9 was actually rather good, not as good as the competition, but good. Yet many of us still keep our browser of choice on a jump drive so we can avoid having to click on an Internet Explorer icon whenever possible.
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 1GB ::::: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
128GB Intel SSD :::: 2x WD 1TB drives in RAID 1
yougotkicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 00:50   #5
GoodBytes

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
We are talking about Microsoft, not "M$", Inc.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
Old 11th May 2012, 14:25   #6
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBytes
+1

Nothing wrong with Microsoft doing this.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 14:51   #7
Woollster00
Modder

Woollster00 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Anybody care? no?
Woollster00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 19:51   #8
Riffler
What's a Dremel?

Riffler has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Apple get their products made in third world sweat shop death camps, but it's Microsoft that has the morally dubious obsession with profit. Interesting logic, there.
Riffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 01:51   #9
yougotkicked
A.K.A. YGKtech

yougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBytes View Post
I know, and I don't begrudge this move in the least, I just like using that nickname for Microsoft b/c they are one of the largest companies on earth. I have seen that nickname used by many since at least the release of Vista.
Old 17th May 2012, 02:36   #10
GoodBytes

1- Actually it was used way before that.
2- Microsoft isn't the biggest company on earth, and I don't even think they are close to be. I believe it's Apple, or at least Apple is the biggest tech company of the world.

Old 20th May 2012, 00:02   #11
yougotkicked
A.K.A. YGKtech

1 - I said at least, that was just the first time I saw the name used.

2 - I said "one of", and they are close. According to Forbes M$ is the 3rd largest in the world, Apple is 2nd Exxon is 1st.