bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 14th May 2012, 08:23   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Dishonored preview

Joe guides us through Dishonored after spending time with the game lately.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/xbox-...ored-preview/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 09:04   #2
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
All I can say is. Want.
Old 14th May 2012, 09:21   #3
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton
All I can say is. Want.
Same here. Every since I saw the trailer.
Old 14th May 2012, 10:04   #4
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'll 3rd that. Do want!
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 10:27   #5
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
High on my want-list too. A game that you can play with hugely stealthy tactics, even completing without a single kill if you do it right. Awesome.
Old 14th May 2012, 10:50   #6
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Well done everyone that bought Deus Ex Human Revolution: it's clearly having an effect on the industry! This certainly looks very interesting.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 10:55   #7
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul
Well done everyone that bought Deus Ex Human Revolution: it's clearly having an effect on the industry! This certainly looks very interesting.
Would that affect be creating games with slightly more depth and the illusion of choice?

Deus Ex HR was brilliant when compared to the current crop of bland linear games....but it was no where near as good as the original Deus Ex, and was in the end thoroughly disappointing in comparison.
Old 14th May 2012, 10:56   #8
scott_chegg
It's a tool.

scott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Great preview Joe! Can not wait for this one!
My System: i5 2500K @ 4.7Ghz | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | Corsair H-50 Push-Pull with Silent Eagle 2000's | Silverstone Raven RV03 | EVGA 670 FTW | Dell SP2309W | Antec 750W TruePower Blue | Win 7 x64 | Crucial 64GB C300 for OS | Samsung 830 256GB for Active Games & a 1TB Samsung for Steam. Perphiperals: Roccat Kone+ Max V2 | CMStorm Quickfire Pro with Cherry Reds | Cyborg F.L.Y 5 stick for flying and a Logitech DF GT for driving.
scott_chegg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 11:27   #9
warejon9
Multimodder

warejon9 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Was it meant to be repeating, and going from 2 different points of view, to emphasise styles?!? So confused. Either way looks very interesting
warejon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 11:52   #10
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiMaL_FuSS View Post
Would that affect be creating games with slightly more depth and the illusion of choice?

Deus Ex HR was brilliant when compared to the current crop of bland linear games....but it was no where near as good as the original Deus Ex, and was in the end thoroughly disappointing in comparison.
Agreed.

Despite that, though, Dishonoured looks promising. Hope it lives up to the hype it's building.
Old 14th May 2012, 11:59   #11
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by warejon9
Was it meant to be repeating, and going from 2 different points of view, to emphasise styles?!? So confused. Either way looks very interesting
Aww bless. Sometimes the Internet just makes me feel all warm inside.
Old 14th May 2012, 12:02   #12
alialias
Modder

alialias has yet to learn the way of the Dremelalialias has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Niiice review, I like the look of this
alialias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 14:00   #13
[-Stash-]
Multimodder

[-Stash-] has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks like a shot from HL2 with those "Striders". Looks like the Source engine - is it?
[-Stash-] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 14:51   #14
law99
Custom User Title

law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiMaL_FuSS View Post

Agreed. Didn't finish human revolutions as by the end I wasn't compelled to.
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | R9 290 (awaiting wc block... ) | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | BenQ bl3200pt 2560x1440p
law99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 15:07   #15
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You can spot the HL2 art direction all over it*

*That's a good thing in my book.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 15:40   #16
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by law99 View Post
You didn't miss much, the ending were terribly done. The endings themselves weren't so bad....but they way you just pushed a button to choose one was awful!

At least in Deus Ex there were actually considerable extra parts of the game to play to get different endings....not just 'select your ending here'...awful.
Old 14th May 2012, 15:43   #17
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiMaL_FuSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by law99 View Post
You didn't miss much, the ending were terribly done. The endings themselves weren't so bad....but they way you just pushed a button to choose one was awful!

At least in Deus Ex there were actually considerable extra parts of the game to play to get different endings....not just 'select your ending here'...awful.
I try very hard not to judge a game on its ending, and I'd actually say DE:HR was the closest any game as come to DE in a very long time, and that can only be a good thing. Obviously it's not as good as DE, but I'd rather it existed as it is and got us games like Dishonored than didn't exist and we didn't get such games.
Old 14th May 2012, 15:46   #18
pizan
that's n00b-tastic

pizan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by [-Stash-
]Looks like a shot from HL2 with those "Striders". Looks like the Source engine - is it?
It's a modified version of the Unreal Engine 3.
Old 14th May 2012, 17:12   #19
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Am I the only one not loving this game? Hasn't done anything to make me want it yet.
Old 14th May 2012, 18:01   #20
Jezcentral
Multimodder

Jezcentral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This looks like the closest I'll get to a Hitman game for the next few years, alas.
Jezcentral is offline   Reply With Quote