bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 27th Aug 2012, 15:07   #41
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Dude, I'm really loving this. What tubing and fitting are you going to be using? Even though you mentioned that you weren't up for it, I actually think black tubing and silver compression fittings would look great against the silver interior. What reservoir? XSPC do a dual 5.25" one that fits a MCP350/355 and ships with either a silver facade.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2012, 00:43   #42
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
I've got a res in the post, and all shall be revealed in due course. Suffice to say, there will be no compression fittings
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 21:38   #43
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Nothing much, but I've reinstalled one of the 5.25" mounts, as its actually perfect for my needs.

I'm yet to decide if I want to rebuild the panel, but it currently has exactly the right amount of space to mount my 3.5" dump HDD, and an SSD or two.

Currently mocked up with duct-tape.

While my reservoir is still in the postal system, the next step is manufacturing two stealthing panels, in red - which I've already begun, but a little is better than nothing.
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 15:06   #44
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Go at your own pace, m8. It's not a race! Bays are perfect for HDDs especially if you don't plan on using an optical drive. It's amazing how much space opens up after those get ditched.
LilyPC V.2 - completed!BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser!"Movie Sign!" - in progressCheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser!BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser!Lumière Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser!NOTalis w/ MNPCTech"Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 17:39   #45
Mankz
________

Good news, reservoir arrives on Friday after a lovely trip through the British postal system. horray.
Old 6th Oct 2012, 15:46   #46
Mankz
________

I've wanted one since the days of socket 939, so I bought one..

I may swap it out for a nickel plated version one day, but this will do nicely.
Old 8th Oct 2012, 16:42   #47
Mankz
________

Working out the mounts was a pain. They should really supply a small diagram with the packaging.

Old 8th Oct 2012, 20:35   #48
fr0Zen
sabertooth 990FX

fr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
is that... an update?
Old 9th Oct 2012, 18:29   #49
Mankz
________

One hole for an aquatube.

Hole saw I used was ever so slightly too small, but I'll file it out tomorrow

Hides the rear fan and the top radiator and fans, exactly how I wanted.

And how it should look with the Aquatube in.

Aces!
Old 10th Oct 2012, 06:47   #50
whyte
Multimodder

whyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwhyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very cool.. Love that the window follows the midplate.
Old 12th Oct 2012, 14:34   #51
Mankz
________

Some WC bits arrived:

An MCP350 with an XSPC top. I will probably replace this with a white EK one in due course.

And a Heatkiller 3.0 in white - very nice indeed, and the mounting systems seem greatly improved since my EK Supreme a few years back.
Old 13th Oct 2012, 03:24   #52
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
OOOOOH! Leave the hole that size and make notches that fit the screws!
We're due some bewbs here...
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Dec 2012, 18:31   #53
Mankz
________

For those (seldom) few of you who are interested, I've moved back into a new flat in London, and that means little room to move, let alone to mod..

So, here's how things look at the moment:

(Please appreciate ghetto wire jump-start power switch)

It basically needs a new mid panel section and cable sheathes, then some WC'ing and paint and were done. Which is easier said than done actually.
Old 4th Mar 2013, 21:23   #54
Mankz
________

I wanted an Aquaero, and Korvus was selling one at a good price, so picked it up.

It'll be mounted in the front, but seeing as I don't have any 5.25" mounting rails, I need to think of something..

Old 4th Mar 2013, 21:26   #55
fr0Zen
sabertooth 990FX

fr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i guess you have a challenge at hand
Old 4th Mar 2013, 21:52   #56
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
More duct tape!
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2013, 15:11   #57
Korvus
May contain traces of sanity.

Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
I wanted an Aquaero, and Korvus was selling one at a good price, so picked it up.

It'll be mounted in the front, but seeing as I don't have any 5.25" mounting rails, I need to think of something..

Hope it serves you well Interested seeing how this shiny shiny shiny project goes along.. *not a corvid. nope.*
Current Rig: Intel 3570K | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM | Samsung 240GB SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 | EVGA GTX680 SC Signature Editon | Asus Xonar D2X | Corsair HX850W | Fractal Design Define XL R2 (Black)
Cooled by: Aquaero 5 Pro | Alphacool NexXxos XP3 | Alphacool Monsta 240 | Laing D5

-------------
Current build
Korvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2013, 15:47   #58
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Go Mankz! Back on the modtrain!

What happened to the drive bays?

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

Old 5th Mar 2013, 16:51   #59
Mankz
________

They were, for want of a better term 'hocked' out a while back.. Don' have any 5.25" devices bar the Aquaero, so no need for them really.
Old 5th Mar 2013, 16:57   #60
Parge
ITX FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
They were, for want of a better term 'hocked' out a while back.. Don' have any 5.25" devices bar the Aquaero, so no need for them really.
How about mounting it vertically, in the roof facing upwards!?

View Mode