bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: Pump orientation, facing forward or facing backwards?
Pumps facing backward 16 43.24%
Pumps facing forward 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28th Oct 2012, 16:26   #221
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Loving all this water cooling design and the use of copper piping

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Oct 2012, 17:00   #222
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
The HDD mounts are nice & different, somehow skipped mentioning them on my last comment.

Only improvement I could suggest is use some vibration killing material between the clamping plate & the mount, HDD vibes can be a bit annoying resonating through the whole structure.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2012, 19:56   #223
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Nice optical mount & sweet polishing on the pipes.
Thanks Waynio, was happy how they turned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovoet View Post
Just love all the detailing. Also the time and patience you have spent on this.cannot wait to see the finished product.
Thanks Kovoet, nearly there

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
its really great to se some more progress, cant whait for more !
Thanks Kosovar

Quote:
Originally Posted by riekmaharg2 View Post
Loving all this water cooling design and the use of copper piping
Thanks riek, took a while to get it all right, but finally there

Quote:
The HDD mounts are nice & different, somehow skipped mentioning them on my last comment.

Only improvement I could suggest is use some vibration killing material between the clamping plate & the mount, HDD vibes can be a bit annoying resonating through the whole structure.
sound advice.. get it lolz, no really good call on that one, will be sure to add some rubber below the mounts
Old 4th Nov 2012, 14:56   #224
Mechh69
I think we can make that fit

Mechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Are you using SSD or HDD? I have read that HDD either have to be vertical or horizontal they don't like being set at an angle and it will kill them.

i7 920@3.8Ghz,EVGA E760 Classified, Corsair XMS3 X 6GB 1600, Kingston Hyper X 12GB 1600, 240GB OCZ Agility 4, MSI 660TI 3GB, BFG 260 GTX Core 216 for PHYSX, Thermaltake Armor+, BFG EX1200 PS, Scythe Mugen 2 Cpu cooler, Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ, Nvidia 3D Glasses
Mechh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Nov 2012, 15:54   #225
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechh69 View Post
Are you using SSD or HDD? I have read that HDD either have to be vertical or horizontal they don't like being set at an angle and it will kill them.
Those mounts are for the HDD's. I have checked into it and it seems drives these days, or at least for a while can pretty much be mounted as you please. Even got a response from manufacturer claiming "90 degrees preferred, but diagonal OK.". So will give it a try.. I will also use SSD's for the system drives, first shots of the mounts for those are shown it today's update.

So still waiting for the hinges so just spent some time doing a few arb things this weekend, cleaning up and what not..

Started off with the power distribution box, expanded some holes on some vero board.

will be going through the same steps as the fan distribution board i made before.. filled the extra holes with some epoxy

cleaned off the board

once over with a black marker

then soldered in all the cables, the single cable connects to the power port in the leg and then splits that out 4 ways, 1 to the PSU, the other 3 for the screens

then made up the last standoff plate I didn't finish last week

got it mounted up

this is basically between the drives, there will be the 2 HDD's and 3 SSD's in raid

first shot of the SSD mount, this is UV blue acrylic, glows really nice, there will be a single drive in the middle below the acrylic, and then 2 on either end on top of it.. well at least for now..

otherwise just lots of sanding and prepping for the powder coating, really hope the hinge arrives soon so i can get the frame and glass done and then get it coated..

I also didn't get a chance to get the pipes nickle coated this past week as work was madness, but will hopefully get that done this coming week.

Thanks for checkin in
Old 4th Nov 2012, 23:02   #226
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Progress in the right direction, always a good thing.
Old 5th Nov 2012, 10:40   #227
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nice you starting with the sanding good luck with that. looking forward to the results.
Old 5th Nov 2012, 22:37   #228
bluc
Supermodder

bluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome work coming together nicely
Old 6th Nov 2012, 02:37   #229
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
If you're keeping that M4E in there can I put this on ROG site when you're done?
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2012, 15:36   #230
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Quote:
Progress in the right direction, always a good thing.
Thanks Waynio your right, any progress is good progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakon View Post
Nice you starting with the sanding good luck with that. looking forward to the results.
lolz.. yea my hands and wrist's would beg to differ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc View Post
Awesome work coming together nicely
Thanks bluc, so close to the end its frustrating having to wait for these parts... *reminds himself to get a T-shirt that says "instant gratification takes to long..."*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
If you're keeping that M4E in there can I put this on ROG site when you're done?
Yup the M4E will most certainly be going into the final build, and I would be more than happy to have this go up on ROG
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 08:40   #231
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

I know my arse has been slack on updates, I took a 2 week break from the desk to recharge and i was also waiting for the hinges i have ordered from China, they still have not arrived but decided to draw them up in sketchup to test and make sure they would work... they wont... .. so i found some locally that would, managed to pick them up and get the mounting sorted on the desk, nothing major but it was really the last thing to finish off

So these are the hinges, it means I will need to have holes drilled into the glass for these whereas the others didn't require it

I couldnt use the standard mounting mechanism as these are glass door hinges and since i am mounting them sideways i needed to make my own, so design and cut out the sections

Welded them up and then measured, re measure, doubled checked.. and finally welded them onto the frame

I had also slotted them so i can adjust the height of the pin that goes into the actual hinge

As you can see the frame was compleatly stripped down :-) everything was packed up ready to go to powder coating.. finally!!! Unfortunately due to some roadworks the power coating place had their power lines cut by the muppets doing the roadworks, so am really hoping that it will be done by this weekend... but there is a chance I will need to wait.

So have kept myself busy making a few more circuit boards for power distribution(no pics soz) so that should tidy up the cable management some, i also sprayed the IO plate, i decided to cover some of the plexi leaving a thin strip that will be lite up with blue LED's so here's a sneak peak

Hopefully a proper update coming this weekend...
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 08:53   #232
bluc
Supermodder

Nice work:thumbup: hope I am not being rude but whats it going to cost to powdercoat? Damm i hate tablet auto correction

Sent from my Full Android on Grouper using Tapatalk 2
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 09:10   #233
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squigly View Post
Unfortunately due to some roadworks the power coating place had their power lines cut by the muppets doing the roadworks, so am really hoping that it will be done by this weekend.
Typical for the nubs working on the roads. As well as one or two guys actually doing the work and the other 10 standing by just watching...

But finally and update unlucky on the hinges though.
Let the wait begin until the next update
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 10:07   #234
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nice,I can't wait to se it powder coated.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2012, 14:29   #235
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Quote:
Nice work:thumbup: hope I am not being rude but whats it going to cost to powdercoat? Damm i hate tablet auto correction
Sent from my Full Android on Grouper using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakon View Post
Typical for the nubs working on the roads. As well as one or two guys actually doing the work and the other 10 standing by just watching...
But finally and update unlucky on the hinges though.
Let the wait begin until the next update
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Nice,I can't wait to se it powder coated.
Thanks guys, well it finally went for powder today only so will be during next week, I also need to get my arse to the nickel coaters for all the copper, glass was ordered this past week so that should also arrive next week sometime.. coming together..

So a small update, kinda..

Been keeping busy with making all my power cables and making sure it will all be ready for final assembly

I have also been doing a bit of painting on the waterblocks, i wanted the logo's to pop a little more as the backplates did when i sanded them down so got some silver / chrome paint
the before:

and after:

A little cleanup still required but getting there.. Apart from that we had a local online store decide to have a black friday sale... i couldn't resist getting myself some goodies

was also really happy the delivered today already

so whats in the box

3 new IPS monitors, decided not to make my own frames but rather get 3 of the same monitor with nice slim bezels already..

and just couldn't resist setting them up on the current rig, my first IPS panels.. and i have to admit.. very, very nice!!!

So alas another week to wait till i get everything back from coaters and what not.. hoping next weekend to get stuck into the actual build
Old 24th Nov 2012, 14:58   #236
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Very shaaawiiiing

I have no idea what gaming or just basic computer operating would be like on multi screen but I imagine my head would need to turn more & some people say about feeling sick from normal setup on some games, guess they'd actually be sick using multi screen lol.

Can't wait to see it coloured in Squig & the highlights you done on the block looks nice.
Old 24th Nov 2012, 16:11   #237
Bladesingerz
Hypermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Very cool idea with the logo man, I'm looking forward to see it all powercoated and put together after all this time
I'm very jealous of those monitors you got!
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2012, 09:15   #238
bluc
Supermodder

Wondering what happened to the custom made monitor shrouds did that idea get canned?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 26th Nov 2012, 15:20   #239
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Quote:
Very shaaawiiiing
I have no idea what gaming or just basic computer operating would be like on multi screen but I imagine my head would need to turn more & some people say about feeling sick from normal setup on some games, guess they'd actually be sick using multi screen lol.
Can't wait to see it coloured in Squig & the highlights you done on the block looks nice.
Thanks Waynio, much appreciated bud!! I have used multi screen for years, well normally dual monitor at least on my work machine, in fact I am so accustomed to it that I battle with a single screen, this has been my first multi screen gaming system and I had 3 screens before the new ones, and I feel pretty much the same, going back to a single screen is just nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesingerz View Post
Very cool idea with the logo man, I'm looking forward to see it all powercoated and put together after all this time
I'm very jealous of those monitors you got!
Thanks Blade, have cleaned up the logo some so will take some new snaps of that soon

Quote:
Wondering what happened to the custom made monitor shrouds did that idea get canned?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I may re-visit the idea sometime, but with my previous screens they were 3 different monitors so it made it difficult to make up the covers and make them look uniform with all the clearances being different, so for the moment on the backburner... you know the mod bug.. it never leaves you alone for long...

EDIT:
As said, updated pic of the logo's after cleanup

Last edited by Squigly; 26th Nov 2012 at 15:29.
Squigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2012, 17:14   #240
Sarakon
The German

Looks pretty And I am super jelly of those monitors...one day, one day I will have some of my own....

View Mode