bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: Pump orientation, facing forward or facing backwards?
Pumps facing backward 16 43.24%
Pumps facing forward 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th Jun 2012, 20:53   #61
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegyufi View Post
It's remember me the light effect of my razer lachesis mice !

see here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y85XuTDd2PU

You must get one for your desk !!!
Nice ;-) i alreadt have a Razer mumba, the charging dock for the mouse also has a pulsing LED :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc View Post
Like the led lit water block very nice!
Thanks bud, more to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Very nice tidy control box mate.

Will be a highly impressive lighting mod especially if you can run quite a bunch of LED's through it, looks great on the CPU cooler.
Thanks Waynio, I been thinking about it and may need to up the power rating of the potentiometers when connecting big LED arrays.. gonna test that out soon!! will let you know how it turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Is that 555 PIC?
Yup a 555 timer integrated circuit.
Squigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2012, 20:55   #62
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
May I ask you to lend me that circuit schematics?

It is quite interesting,and I have two spare 555 laying in the box.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2012, 17:18   #63
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
Having the CPU block mimic the CPU load would be great

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jun 2012, 14:26   #64
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
May I ask you to lend me that circuit schematics?

It is quite interesting,and I have two spare 555 laying in the box.
Schematics sent, good luck bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball Zen View Post
Having the CPU block mimic the CPU load would be great
hmm yessss me likey!! will look into that..

On a side note i found this.. by the same chap I referenced for the original circuit.. its for HDD access... but thinking maybe if i can get it to run off CPU load and then add a few more LED's around the CPU for this type of effect... hmmmmmmmm

Check out the effect at around 1:30...
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 21:11   #65
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Managed to get a fair bit done today so pretty happy with the progress..

Started off by finishing off all the support struts.. man am I happy that's done with!! drilling in some of these places was death for my back..
You can see one of the support struts inside the leg here

they really brought all the panels inline nicely and removed all lag

Then i cut 2 holes that will be used to route cables from mobo and components through the legs and into the back section where the power supply etc will be housed.

test fitted the rubber grommets.. fitting perfect!!

so at this point i was pretty much done with all the side panels, i still need to do the central tray but the side panels are all fitted

So i decided to start double checking fitment of components, i still need to do the io tray for the back so for now its just the cutout but took my old mobo and a really old gpu into the workshop to make sure all fits as it should and check the mobo tray.

i will be putting the ROG Maximus Extreme Z into the final build but for the moment its in my current rig.

I had ordered another sheet of 2mm aluminium for the front and back panels.. My original intent was to have these laser cut but have decided to actually trace out the shape and cut and file manually to make sure i get the fit and final finish i want.

Then flipped it over and traced the other panel

Didnt manage to cut them out just yet, or file down the plexiglass for final fitment so still got a ways to go.. There is a good chance my wife will be giving birth this week so may be a pause in the build but will get back to it as soon as I can (probably at first diaper change )

So here it is for the moment... really happy all the side panels are done!
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 22:25   #66
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wow,that desk looks relly amazing.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2012, 01:05   #67
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.
Brilliant work. Lookin really nice. Hope all goes well with the baby.

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2012, 21:59   #68
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Quote:
Wow,that desk looks relly amazing.
Thanks Pranja, still a long way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crapman View Post
Brilliant work. Lookin really nice. Hope all goes well with the baby.
Thanks Crapman, looking forward to it
Old 25th Jun 2012, 00:01   #69
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squigly View Post
There is a good chance my wife will be giving birth this week so may be a pause in the build but will get back to it as soon as I can (probably at first diaper change )
But Newborn incoming, congrats.

1 or 2 man job flipping the desk over safely to mark the front/back panels?.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2012, 12:33   #70
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Quote:
But Newborn incoming, congrats.

1 or 2 man job flipping the desk over safely to mark the front/back panels?.
Thanks bud definitely a 2 man job, I did it alone last week and spent the week whimpering every time i moved my back...
Old 30th Jun 2012, 13:38   #71
KryptiK
Minimodder

KryptiK has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryptiK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Absolutely fantastic metal work!

I thought this desk design seemed familiar
http://dornob.com/futuristic-furnitu...et/?ref=search

Your take on the design looks really awesome
KryptiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2012, 15:47   #72
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Front and back panels rough cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptiK View Post
Your take on the design looks really awesome
Thanks KryptiK, and your 100% spot on, when I was looking at desk designs i came across the same and it just screamed fill me with pc components

So I managed to get to the workshop today (no baby just yet ) so a bit more progress on the build. I also picked up a scroll saw this week after seeing all of Waynio's masterfull cuts.. I must say its a great tool and have already though of plenty of uses for it!!

But to start I got working on the I/O panel, got a off cut of aluminium, wrapped it in masking tape and stuck on the template.

Then my first cuts with the scroll saw, it was a pleasure to work with and the aluminium actually cut a lot better than i though it would, i only cut the basic shape put as i found the template wasn't sticking down so well. So I re-traced the template with a utility knife to get the design etched on the panel.. MUCH better.. still need to cut out the inserts and then bend it up

Since i had traced out the front and back panels it was time to cut up the big sheet, I just used a jigsaw for that. But with the aluminium being fairly flexible it was tricky to get a suitable surface to rest it on and cut.. but.. first cut made..

then decided to start cutting the off-cut bits off to try cut down the overall weight of the panel as I was going along

After a bit i finally had the panel rough cut and tested for fitment...

This now shows the chamber at the back that will be used for housing power supplies and routing water and cables etc..

Ok great, back panel done, then onto the front panel. I also roughly drew another piece that still needs to be cut out of the front panel, that is where the plexiglas will fit

So flipped it back over and clamped the back panel on, punched and drilled all the pilot holes for mounting.. will get that done next week.. hopefully!!

Now.. I had also realized i had screwed up on the Mobo panel.. since when i first started this whole project i was useing the Asus P8P67 mobo in my machine (the mobo i have been useing to check fitment) and while that is all good and well i have since upgraded the board to the Asus Maximus Extreme-Z.. and that board.. is 2.5cm longer... I was not impressed when i first realized this

So have put a fair bit of thought into possible solutions this past week.. from moving the back panel backwards to just shifting some of the holes and have finally come up with a more long term solution. I am going to cut out the mobo tray more or less like this, just along the top and right.

I thought, i may very well upgrade in the future and dont want to be running into the same situation, this way i would just need to fabricate a new mobo tray as apposed to an entire panel.. I will also start on the new tray for the ROG mobo next week and get this section cut out..

Well thats about it for this week
Thanks for followin

Last edited by Squigly; 30th Jun 2012 at 15:53.
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 18:53   #73
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Yo peeps

Since the desk is getting closer to completion I decide to start on some of the other prep work, so finally got around to making the ROG logo blue

Just loosely fitted it to check the look... that's money!!

Thanks for followin ;-)
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 20:30   #74
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Missed the last update mate good progress & I agree about making the mobo tray so it's upgradable.

It really can be quite a problem with the template flapping about if it comes loose, I started not laying masking tape & sticking the templates directly to the metal & it completely stays held down, so much so it's a little work to remove it & to clean any sticky mess off, paint thinners or like cheaps said lighter fluid with kitchen roll & it easily comes off leaving it nice & new looking & then I wash it with soap & warm water.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 22:04   #75
Bladesingerz
Hypermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I just love that logo inside the mobo, I'm sad that isn't in my crosshair V
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 11:35   #76
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Quote:
Missed the last update mate good progress & I agree about making the mobo tray so it's upgradable.

It really can be quite a problem with the template flapping about if it comes loose, I started not laying masking tape & sticking the templates directly to the metal & it completely stays held down, so much so it's a little work to remove it & to clean any sticky mess off, paint thinners or like cheaps said lighter fluid with kitchen roll & it easily comes off leaving it nice & new looking & then I wash it with soap & warm water.
Thanks Waynio, nice tip there on the paper, i still have a bunch of stuff to cut for the screens and of course the new mobo tray so will give that a shot.. Any particular glue you would recommend or normal paper glue ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesingerz View Post
I just love that logo inside the mobo, I'm sad that isn't in my crosshair V
Yea , was one of the ooooohhh elements of the board.. pretty dissapointed they have changed it to a rather bland looking square for the new boards.. at least its still illuminated on the new ones..
Old 4th Jul 2012, 14:04   #77
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Managed to get some time to work on the I/O plate today.. and work a little more with the scroll saw.. truly nifty tool this thing!! Props to Wayne for inspiring me to go out and get one!!

first cutout done :-)

Almost there..

And done!!

all cutouts.. I was impressed to see how uniform it actually cuts

Then spent some time giving the edges some luvin with a file... and it really was minimal filing to get it all nice and square..

tested the I/O shield for fitment... *happy dance*

Right so that is now ready for the press break on the weekend... I am really hoping to finish up with the panels and "main" construction of the case this coming weekend.... now that i have said that, I am betting my wife goes into labor and makes me a liar

Till next time,
Thanks for checkin in
Old 4th Jul 2012, 23:20   #78
bluc
Supermodder

bluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice work looks great!!
Old 5th Jul 2012, 16:49   #79
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Sponsor Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc View Post
Nice work looks great!!
Thank bluc, appreciate the kind words!!

Would also like to welcome on board my first sponsor

A very big thanks to Aquacomputer, not only for some excellent components but also for showing support and trusting in my build!!
Old 5th Jul 2012, 18:48   #80
HybridCore
Multimodder

HybridCore has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, I've missed a lot on this forum after taking a long, long absence. Great job. I wish I had the supplies and skill to do this. Subbed.
HybridCore is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode