bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: Pump orientation, facing forward or facing backwards?
Pumps facing backward 16 43.24%
Pumps facing forward 21 56.76%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6th Aug 2012, 11:01   #141
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.
Bad luck on MOTM Squigs. A very close run competition, but congrats on getting 2nd. Can't wait to see this finished now.

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2012, 11:47   #142
bluc
Supermodder

bluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
+1 you got my vote.
Old 6th Aug 2012, 15:36   #143
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by AciD_RaiN View Post
L3p what... Just kidding but this is pure awesomeness mate. Can't wait to see the end result
Mod on
Thanks bud, much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogfrog1974 View Post
Good going Squigly - looks like it is going to be really awesome.....
Thanks getting there slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crapman View Post
Bad luck on MOTM Squigs. A very close run competition, but congrats on getting 2nd. Can't wait to see this finished now.
Thanks, almost had it there for a second, just really glad to have been part of it, I think the community as a whole wins for putting up such awesome work all of the time, so the nomination was a big ups alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc View Post
+1 you got my vote.
Thanks bluc, appreciate the support, from everyone!! its great motivation and I cant wait to get working on it again!!
Old 10th Aug 2012, 14:05   #144
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
10 August update, Almost there!!

Was a bank holiday yesterday so took the day off today and headed into the workshop, I was really hoping the sponsorship stuff would have arrived, its in country but the post office still have their grubby paws on it.. I will be needing the stuff to finish up some of the final holes.. but apart from the glass and its hinges, the desk construction is basically complete.. still need to tidy up a few things, sand, powdercoat etc.. but the actual construction... DONE!!

But onto the progress for the day.
I got the center panels as well as the backplate properly mounted

That allowed me to clean the last section of the back of the desk

After some grinding and filing it was all nice and clean

After that I spent some time making sure all holes were cleared and able to mount easily, I am officially at 196 bolts, needless to say I now have tendinitis in my wrist and that whole exercise took a little while..

so all back together again

Did however receive my lighting this week so did a quick test fit for length. I ordered 2 meters of the lights so had already cut .5m off its still a little long so will trim them down a little.

Other than that i just took a bunch of snaps with my phone..

So here it sits till the parts arrive.. I will be focusing a little more on the screen cases now, I think i will end up going with fiber glass for the fron of the screen case with an alu back but will see about that over the weekend.

I will take some better pics once its been cleaned off and powder coated.

Thanks again for checkin in
Squigs out!
Old 10th Aug 2012, 14:12   #145
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ohhh man! Can't wait!
l3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2012, 18:12   #146
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Me too, looking good.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Aug 2012, 19:57   #147
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3p View Post
Ohhh man! Can't wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Me too, looking good.
Thanks gents, eagerly awaiting the arrival of some parts so I can officially finish it off and get working on the paint, I have some idea's on a custom spray design
Old 12th Aug 2012, 03:05   #148
KryptiK
Minimodder

KryptiK has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryptiK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
can't wait until you have those lights turned on
KryptiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2012, 04:44   #149
Vloyadkin
What's a Dremel?

Vloyadkin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
what a beauty. cant wait..
Vloyadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2012, 12:08   #150
jeckulz
Supermodder

jeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Subbed and watching
Coolermaster 600w Silent Pro Corsair Carbide 540 Air
jeckulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2012, 07:58   #151
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for president
Looking really good now Squigly Really looking forward to the next update!!
Old 13th Aug 2012, 14:49   #152
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

B-day update

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptiK View Post
can't wait until you have those lights turned on
hopefully soon bud :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vloyadkin View Post
what a beauty. cant wait..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeckulz View Post
Subbed and watching
Thanks guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakon View Post
Looking really good now Squigly Really looking forward to the next update!!
Thanks Sarakon, took it easy this weekend but will hopefully get cracking soon

Well took the day off with it being my B-day, try as often as possible to get it off
Anyway was planning a chilled day at home, but it seems the delivery gods are a smiling on me today

First up the sponsorship goodies finally arrived Thanks again Sven for all the help and special rates, very much appreciated!
Box was fairly banged up (typical of our postal service) so was super eager to get in and make sure all was ok..

hmmm so it seemed ok..

Sooo what we got, WHAT WE GOT!!
the nickel plated copper aquatube with lighting and rinsing modules, this thing is heavy!! and NICE!!!!

And the Aqua filter for g1/4 fittings and lighting module

Now since the guys at AquaComputer were kind enough to give such a gret discount i thought it only fair to have some decent photo's so please excuse the double shots..

So there i was happily keeping myself busy with the new bits when i get a call from the delivery company on another order i had put through a few days ago with earlier than expected delivery

Hmmmm package number 2

AAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrgggggg 2nd layer of packaging... lemme in already dangit!!

Happiness!! my Nostromo.. ready to complete the Razer collection (now Lycosa keyboard, Mamba mouse and Chimera 7.1 headset)

Now that i have the res and filter I can finish off the backplate, now just waiting for the radiator and a few other goodies :-)

Thanks for checkin in
Squigs out (to the pub)
Old 15th Aug 2012, 15:53   #153
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for president
As i said before: BRING IT TO RAGE
Old 15th Aug 2012, 17:04   #154
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Still LOVE that reservoir!
Old 16th Aug 2012, 10:59   #155
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakon View Post
As i said before: BRING IT TO RAGE
Will do my best to get it to the expo, still have a way to go on this thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3p View Post
Still LOVE that reservoir!
I dont blame you bud, when i saw yours i knew i just had to have one!! was a bit worried at first cos they said they didnt have any more and werent making any more either.. but they got back to me after finding one hiding in a corner somewhere.. so i though it would give it a good home
Old 17th Aug 2012, 13:12   #156
coolamasta
Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.
AWESOME I love these desk builds and this one is a beast, watching with much interest

My Main Rigs:~ H2O'd i7 3770K @ 4.5 - 16GB - H2O'd GTX 670 | Asus Z9PE-W8, EP-Xeon 2670 @ 3.2 - 16GB
| ~~~ My Current Dual EP-Xeon 2670 Project ~~~ | ~~~ My Mitsubishi Evo Track Car Project ~~~ |
coolamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 20:11   #157
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolamasta View Post
AWESOME I love these desk builds and this one is a beast, watching with much interest
Thanks Coola, will try keep updates as regular as possible

Another workshop day and was really hoping to get stuck into the screens.. but was far to distracted by the Aquacomputer items I had received so got stuck into mounting those..

Both the filter and res will be mounted on the backplate so started off by scribing off where the filter would be mounted

Was going to use the scroll saw to cut out the section but since the backplate is so wide i had to use the jigsaw, a little patience and slow cutting and i got the hole nice and tidy

Did a quick test fit... so far so good

When i tried to mount the actual filter i noticed the 2 bottom bolts were catching.. it seems this has been designed to be mounted on a standard case where material is normally around 1mm, since I am using 2mm aluminium it was just shy of clearance.. So.. brand new parts straight onto the milling machine

I just needed 2mm in almost a half moon on either side for clearance on the nuts, just below the main window area.

The clearance worked out puuuurfect!!

So now onto the res.. got some M4 threaded bar and cut it down to 70MM lengths, i wanted the res 50mm away from the back wall to accommodate the nickel plated copper tubes i will be using (still to come)

I had some spare tube in the workshop that I planned to use as a sheath on the threaded bar.(soz crap phone pic)

The problem was the inside diameter of the tube is 6mm, the threaded bar is 4mm so it was a little loose...

Had some tubing from a old silk screen printer laying around.. hmmmm gotta love when scraps come in handy!!! took the tube and inserted it into the tube, was a perfect spacer

So got them pushed in nice and clean and test fitted the res..

I really like this res!! l3p i cannot thank you enough on showing us this!! And as I said at the start the desk is inspired by the l3p d3sk and I just really like this mounting for the res shows it of so well!!

both mounted

So now that those were done i then got distracted by re-doing the IO plate, got most of the way done with it till my scroll saw blade broke.. and like a muppet.. i didn't have any spares so will finish that off next week.. and of course.. i didn't really get anything done on the screens.. but think i have a workable solution for them now after some planning..

Not much of an update this week, but thanks anyways for checkin in

Last edited by Squigly; 18th Aug 2012 at 20:30.
Squigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 22:45   #158
l3p
www.^.nl

No problem man, still in love with it myself too. I'm actually honored I was able to inspire you

I can already give you as a tip, if needed, out of the 3 backside holes use the top as inlet, the bottom as outlet
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 02:31   #159
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Missed the last update until now, looks awesome Squigly, 2nd to last shot really highlights how good the res looks.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 06:43   #160
Meelobee
Supermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That reservoir is sweet! Breaking the warranty right after opening the package is always fun!
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode