bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 24th May 2012, 17:40   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The Unlimited Hyperbole Podcast

Hey Everyone,

I know a lot of you on the forums miss the old Custom PC and Bit-tech podcast. I do too.

I missed it so much in fact that I went and made a new podcast myself, called Unlimited Hyperbole. It's very different in style, but the upside of that means that there's much less waffling from Harry.

If you're interested, the first episode features Dear Esther designer Dan Pinchbeck and I talking about his favourite game, STALKER.

http://joemartinwords.com/podcast

I'd love to know all your thoughts!

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter

Last edited by CardJoe; 9th Jul 2012 at 10:48.
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 17:44   #2
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
Excellent, I was missing the podcasts from here, so will add this to my listen.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 18:04   #3
BLC
Something witty goes here

BLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Excellent. I'll add that to my feed and check it out.
BLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 18:06   #4
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Sweet I shall give it a listen tonight
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 18:11   #5
sparkyboy22
Web Tinkerer

sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Let us know when its on itunes. I'm too lazy to add it manually but will give it a listen then.

Online RC Shop Search Engine
sparkyboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2012, 10:38   #6
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's now on iTunes!

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 25th May 2012, 11:44   #7
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
great stuff, will download through iTunes when I get home tonight

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2012, 15:20   #8
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Excellent! If you've liked the first episode of Unlimited Hyperbole then please be sure to give it a good review on iTunes - it really helps!

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 25th May 2012, 16:44   #9
Ljs
Limited Edition

Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.
Well done that man alttough I have to say, I quite enjoyed the waffling from Harry!
Ljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2012, 16:55   #10
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
As did I! Still good, but needs more cowbell... Sorry, Harry.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2012, 17:06   #11
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
It was alright, quite short compared to most of my podcasts.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 13:28   #12
John_T
Supermodder

John_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just downloaded it - I'll have a listen tonight...
John_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 11:08   #13
EdwardTeach
Multimodder

EdwardTeach has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great podcast joe. Pleased to see you back doing podcasts, I miss the old bit tech hardware + gaming podcasts. That was the biggest loss for me since the shake up of this site.
Intel Core i7 930, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, Asus ATI Radeon HD 5850, Patriot Viper 6GB, Intel X25-M Mainstream 80GB, Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB, Corsair HX 750W, Fractal Design Define R2 Midi Tower Case - Silver Arrow
EdwardTeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 22:44   #14
DystopianDream
Minimodder

DystopianDream has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
that was brilliant, I love the Idle Thumbs style of cast as well but this is something completely different and awesome. Great bite sized chunk of intelligent game analysis. I Love CoP and more recently DayZ for those exact reasons of being able to make me feel scared and alone like no other medium. MOAR PLOX
Old 30th May 2012, 09:56   #15
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Thanks! And don't worry - new episodes weekly, plus at least one familiar face per season.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 30th May 2012, 10:47   #16
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Joe, can I ask why the old podcasts have stopped? We used to very much enjoy them!

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 18:00   #17
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

Well, when the back end stuff for the site was restructured and the majority of staff moved to a freelance basis we basically lost the facility to congregate regularly and easily in one place. Some of us got other jobs, while some of us no longer work regular hours and we don't all live in London.

Paul, Clive and I did look at relaunching the podcast in some regard, but there was a disagreement on creative vision and who would do the editing, hosting etc - and, at the same time, nobody was paying us to do it.

I did put myself forward to take on certain tasks at that point and was able to provide equipment, but wanted to take things in a different direction to the old "Us round a microphone talking about the news but not really doing it very well approach". I wanted to do something tighter, original and curated.

So, I separated my intent into another project - which became Unlimited Hyperbole - and made it clear that I'd still be up for being a voice on the other podcast and could still provide some equipment if the plan came together and they wanted to move it forward. It never did.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 1st Jun 2012, 09:28   #18
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
*** !st Post ever ***

It has just occured to me that i have been visiting this site daily for the past 3yrs and not once registered with all the times i even wanted to comment. ai gary ai...

so here i am, my fav site out there, and well written articles.

<warning> prepare for my rants! :-) </warning>
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2012, 13:16   #19
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Anyway I can listen to this on my android phone? As I used to be able to lusten to it in browser, but now I can't...
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Asus 780 Posiedon Platinium, 512GB Crucial Mx1000, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2012, 14:42   #20
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
download through iTunes and copy the file to the android phone?

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote