bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 31st May 2012, 11:34   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Sapphire launches Radeon HD 7950 FleX Edition 3GB

Sapphire has launched the first AMD Radeon HD 7000 series board with FleX Eyefinity support.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...re-7950-flex/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 12:19   #2
tad2008
Supermodder

tad2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Eyefinity out of the box, nice!
Triple DVI, fail! Triple HDMI would have been preferred in my book.
tad2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 13:41   #3
dactone
dact-one

dactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
why would you want 3 HDMI ? they only support up to 1080p.
Old 31st May 2012, 13:48   #4
sb1991
Supermodder

sb1991 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsb1991 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsb1991 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsb1991 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsb1991 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dactone
HDMI has supported 25601600 since version 1.3 (released back in 2006). Pretty sure the latest standard does 4k.
Lian Li PC A05NB - AMD 955BE@3.8GHz - XFX ATI HD5850 - 8GB DDR3@1333MHz - 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 - Corsair Force 3 120GB - Enermax Modu82+625W - Asus Xonar D2X - Dell 2408wfp (A02) - Filco Majestouch II Ninja (browns) - Mackie MR5 x2
sb1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 13:52   #5
dactone
dact-one

dactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldactone has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
oh respect
Old 31st May 2012, 13:58   #6
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
How does this card compare to the 670 which is the same price?
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 14:30   #7
veato
I should be working

veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dactone View Post
Unless I'm too tired to read properly I can't see where it says 3 x HDMI. It has 2 x DVI and 1 x HDMI with a HDMI-DVI converter for effectively 3 x HDMI.

P.S. Even HDMI 1 supported WUXGA with 1.3 upping this to WQXGA.
Old 31st May 2012, 14:32   #8
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by veato View Post
Unless I'm too tired to read properly I can't see where it says 3 x HDMI. It has 2 x DVI and 1 x HDMI with a HDMI-DVI converter for effectively 3 x HDMI.
Dactone was responding to tad2008, who said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tad2008 View Post
Triple HDMI would have been preferred in my book.
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 16:19   #9
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
Please post prices in currencies that people actually use, thanks.
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 16:26   #10
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Useful? Sure, but I still am reluctant to buy an AMD card after the relative annoyance that was my HD6850.

Not that it was bad, but me not upgrading my drivers for months says something.
Old 31st May 2012, 16:44   #11
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger View Post
Hey, 62,218,761 people can't be wrong.
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 17:29   #12
barndoor101
Bring back the demote thread!

barndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysisbarndoor101 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
What would you prefer? Drachma?
barndoor101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 18:34   #13
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by barndoor101 View Post
What would you prefer? Drachma?
Ren men bi.
Old 31st May 2012, 18:38   #14
christoefar
What's a Dremel?

christoefar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger View Post
christoefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 19:06   #15
Jimbob
Modder

Jimbob has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is this not an overcomplicated soloution to a simple problem? With my card I recieved 3 adaptors in the box a pair of DP to DVIs and a DP to HDMI.
Jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 19:09   #16
Elton
Proud Model M User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
Is this not an overcomplicated soloution to a simple problem? With my card I recieved 3 adaptors in the box a pair of DP to DVIs and a DP to HDMI.
Not everyone has active DP adapters. Plus those aren't cheap.
Old 1st Jun 2012, 08:28   #17
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
You make a habit out of being an idiot?

UK website, UK currency and prices.
Uni Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2012, 11:01   #18
xaser04
Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
Not at all.

For Eyefinity to work on monitors which don't have DP natively you MUST use an ACTIVE (mini) DP to DVI/HDMI adaptor for at least the third monitor. This Flex card solves this problem without any real additional cost (over that of a "normal" custom cooled HD7950.

Now the real question should be - why on earth did AMD/ATI only include two clock generations (for Native DVI/HMDI) in the first place.
xaser04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 23:29   #19
Neogumbercules
Mod Master

Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Need currency conversion into zeny pls thx.
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 23:38   #20
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dont mind Star*Dagger, hes just one of those natural asshole types, more troll then anything else here on BT.
DimasTech Test Bench Black ICE Triple 120 Rad Dual Bay Res/Pump DD Fill Port & Res D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory (2) AMD 6870 XFire (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive ASUS XONAR DX2 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD (2) 23" ASUS LCD ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER (4) NOCTUA P12 (2) NOCTUA P14 1000W ZALMAN PSU WINDOWS 7 PRO 64
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote