bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 4th Jun 2012, 14:28   #41
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
@Mosquito, no prb, I don't drink as much as my videos suggest... and Stu is great artist! and to answer yr question, it's two different fans. they will be mounted side by side in the chassis.

@dmcgrath, Thank you and I love catching your work, it's awesome!

@Waynio, Visual Overkill ...lol

@theoeyeo, Thank you, actually pondered getting another set for my car..lol

@Nutman, thats a good sign that I'm on the right path

@Dragulax99, Thank you for dropping in!

@Twizted, Indeed you are the best electronics guru I've known for past 12 yrs

@NetSphere, you hit the nail on what motivates me.. I scare a lot of manufacturers away from working with me, because the product is no longer recognizable. ...while Fractal-Design and handful of other case companies like the idea of their cases being treated as a blank canvas.

@Ron, Thank you! lookin forward to seeing coverage of your IRON MAN PC this week at Computex!

@Halchart, Thank for the post!

@MrWizard, Thank you, will post when I can

Deadline for the finished PC got bumped to the 15th. Photo session had to be bumped... So it puts the pressure on me a bit.... I made an early start Yesterday morning, devised a dual exhaust pipe for the back of the chassis, will get photos up this week.... then met with Brad in afternoon, he was in middle of wetsanding case hes painting for Scirocco's upcoming project! then we concocted a custom paint mix for the entire Dirt Showdown PC. We've named it "Dirt Showdown Orange" It's a combination "House of Kolor" Kandy Orange with touch of Red over "House of Kolor" "Shimrin Metajuls" Gold Basecoat. By 8pm last night, everything was painted... Next stage is the graphics

Old 4th Jun 2012, 15:01   #42
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
That paintjob deserves the highest honor I can award it!

I wanna lick it!

Looks damn good! Candy paint done right is hard to beat!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2012, 15:18   #43
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
@Waynio, Visual Overkill ...lol
Like it a heck of a lot.

Chassis looks so nice & zingy, I can't believe the deadlines pro modders live up to though while still doing an amazing job of it, just incredible.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2012, 15:50   #44
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Quote:
@Mosquito, no prb, I don't drink as much as my videos suggest... and Stu is great artist! and to answer yr question, it's two different fans. they will be mounted side by side in the chassis.
I'd still be up for it;
I'm not quite sure I asked the right question, I meant for each of the pair it looks like there's the fan grill, and then a smoked clear plastic fan, then the aluminum framed fan... Is that two fans attached to each grill (4 fans total) or are there shrouds or something? I'm just curious

Also, I love that paint!
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2012, 17:04   #45
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice fantastic color cant wait to se the result with the labels
Old 4th Jun 2012, 17:55   #46
Shurika
Multimodder

Shurika has yet to learn the way of the DremelShurika has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WOW, sweet color! I like it!
Old 4th Jun 2012, 17:58   #47
jon
Multimodder

jon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dang, Bill ... you had me with that first stack, it was so original! Then I saw Twizted working on your HDD Tach, and I knew something amazing was coming. Hail to the old PR Guard!

-godling
Old 4th Jun 2012, 18:22   #48
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
OMG!!!!! That paint is amazing, this build is just so my style...Top modding Bill
bulldogjeff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 08:15   #49
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
*speechless*
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 09:33   #50
Balder
Calmer than a monk on morphine

Balder is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Balder is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Balder is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Balder is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Balder is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Balder is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Balder is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Balder is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Balder is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Balder is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Balder is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
That paint job is stupendiously delicious, I mean come on, WOW
Old 5th Jun 2012, 15:53   #51
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
@Angel OD, check out the "Shimrim Metajuls" if House of Kolor supplier is near you... the sparkles dance under light..

@Waynio, puts a bit of pressure on, but luckily Mrs understands, so I can work later

@Mosquito, yep, two fans stacked.. the rear fan is enermax vegas duo, the lighting effect is really cool behind the turbine...will post photos when I get them installed.

@alain-s, even better in person, will try to get better photos posted. Thanks for post!

@Shurika, me too! "Shimrim Metajuls" has array of kandy kolor options.. will def be using it more often

@godling, soo good to hear from you! and Vern has figured out how to make the Tech for CPU load instead

@bulldogjeff, had to have some Kandy paint... hehe

@Vetalar, Thank you for watching & posting

@Balder, yes, and you just don't see Kandy Orange paint used enuf these days

I couldn't help myself, just file these in folder labeled "Doesn't serve purpose, but looks tits"

Drawing inspiration from K&N race series street rod manifold pipes... except these will be mounted like bent "stacks" that will peek out from the rear of chassis..

I've modified pipe from bathroom sink trap I found in Plumbing section at Home depot...

made manifold mount from Blue transparent acrylic, I was lucky to get handful of these red anodized 6/32 machine screws from Twizted old online store, Dragonmodz.. which is now closed.., but You can get anodized machine screws from Parts-Express, http://www.fastener-express.com/

Old 5th Jun 2012, 17:24   #52
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
That is freakin' awesome, bro! I love the tinsnips' serrated teeth-marks on the couplers before you sanded them clean. Like a surgeon!
LilyPC V.2 - completed! • BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser! • "Movie Sign!" - in progress • CheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser! • BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser! • Lumiθre Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser! • NOTalis w/ MNPCTech • "Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 17:29   #53
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That paint job is just epic. And I love how u re-use materials, very creative
Meelobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 17:59   #54
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Take a torch to the inside and give them a little blue burn.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 19:32   #55
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Take a torch to the inside and give them a little blue burn.
That was exactly what I thought when I saw them too, but being sink drain pipe, are they actually chromed? (That is what causes it, right, the chrome plate?)
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 21:17   #56
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
I couldn't help myself, just file these in folder labeled "Doesn't serve purpose, but looks tits"
More than good enough reason they look an awesome addition.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 22:51   #57
Asouter
--------

Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.
The paint is gorgeous, looking forward to seeing the final result. with the deadline it won't be long

Current Project : BITZA
Asouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 19:10   #58
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Absolutely loving this Bill
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2012, 05:22   #59
Halchart
Minimodder

Halchart has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Velocity stacks, exhaust pipes, awesome paint. This is one amazing case.
Halchart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2012, 14:53   #60
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

@E.E.L., right on! add belt sander to your man cave purchase list!

@Meelobee, you betcha! part of the fun is finding ideas in aisles at Home depot.

@Cheapskate, ahh, always good advice!

@Mosquito, yes, chrome plated... got it from Plumbing section at Home depot.

@Waynio, will be final piece

@Asouter, Thank you for post! I had to ask for extension this morning. I learned last night delivery of some parts are on back order.

@Mankz, congrats on your new position with bit-tech staff!

@Halchart, Thank you! Back to the 50s is June 22, 23, 24! video of 2011 event

As I noted, I just discovered some parts are on back order, so I'm having to ask for deadline extension and wait on finishing some stages.

Yesterday I installed our polished Machined aluminum "Diamond Knurl" pc case feet which are made in HAAS cnc lathe.

The base diameter is 1- 3/4" with height of 1" to elevate the case for improved airflow beneath it.

For internal lighting, I've chosen installed Orange signal lights.

I added one of the factory cable grommet to the top, for all of the wires from Toggle Switch and CPU Load Tachometer. You can swivel and aim these Signal lights in whatever direction you like...

The signals I found are universal fit for Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, or Quad ATV. Here is the Reseller link on Ebay

Tags
cpu tach, fractal design case mod, hok metajuls paint

View Mode