bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 2nd Nov 2012, 18:39   #81
smc8788
potato

smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well that was a most expected disappointment. Only played a couple of games but they were really short (<5 mins) and the map was tiny. Both the weapons and suit seem pretty much the same as Crysis 2 except the latter has some sort of auto-armour bull**** when you're under fire, which I'm sure is intended to further appease the plebeians who found even the dumbed down Crysis 2 Nanosuit hard to understand. The loads times are also horrendous, the gun textures were loading in a second or two after I had spawned, and there is no FOV adjustment so after 10 minutes of running around I was already beginning to feel nauseous.

And before you say it, yeah, I know it's only an alpha. But with only ~3 months before release I can't see the state of the game changing significantly.

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 18:44   #82
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc8788 View Post
And before you say it, yeah, I know it's only an alpha. But with only ~3 months before release I can't see the state of the game changing significantly.
They probably have several builds going, some more advanced than others. It depends on what it is they are trying to get out of the alpha.

Although, the bit about the dumbed down nano-suit sounds like a design decision which at this stage is usually finalised. They built such a good engine, it's a shame that they have to just churn out populist pap. Surely we have got to the stage where the market is already saturated? Even the publishers must start to see this.

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 18:56   #83
smc8788
potato

smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
They probably have several builds going, some more advanced than others. It depends on what it is they are trying to get out of the alpha.

Although, the bit about the dumbed down nano-suit sounds like a design decision which at this stage is usually finalised. They built such a good engine, it's a shame that they have to just churn out populist pap. Surely we have got to the stage where the market is already saturated? Even the publishers must start to see this.
Yeah, I suppose that could be the case.

I can't say I was expecting it to be radically different from Crysis 2, but on the basis of this alpha it's hard to see what they've spent the last year and a half doing. The entire front end/UI is the same, the engine is the same, the guns are the same (bar the odd addition like the crossbow), the suit is nearly the same, the killstreaks are the same, the enemies are the same and everything looks the same. On that basis Crysis 3 would be a poor effort even for a small expansion pack, but for a full-sized, full-priced game with a 2-year development it is nothing short of shocking.

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 19:05   #84
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Lol - replace Crysis 3 in your post with a popular three letter acronym starting with C and ending with D and you have publisher mana from heaven!

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 23:45   #85
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Might be an idea for this and the new C3 thread to be merged
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 10:42   #86
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZiiP] NaloaC View Post
Might be an idea for this and the new C3 thread to be merged
Not to mention the original thread created by me that was usurped by Gunsmith because he's king of Crysis..

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 11:06   #87
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 12:03   #88
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Well It is another game I am not buying. I enjoyed the beta what little I played. But due to money I am not buying C3.

Or at least not for the moment. So standard edition is on the horizon for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
At least you'll have moisturised gums!
MrDomRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 13:55   #89
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Code arrived, pre-loading now
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
Old 21st Feb 2013, 14:25   #90
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Gratz I may or may not be buying this, thinking about it xD Should finish Crysis 1 first though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
At least you'll have moisturised gums!
MrDomRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 14:33   #91
hoochy
Need moar cooling

hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Mines just arrived too, but I will have to wait till I get home to start pre-loading
Fractal Design R3 | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair H60 Liquid | MSI 4GB R290 Twin Frozr | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 500GB Seagate | 2 x 128GB Kingston v200 SSD | 2 x 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair 650W | K60 w/ Reds | Razer Naga
hoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 20:14   #92
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Well, completed Crysis 2 just now and just uninstalled it and finished the pre-load of Crysis 3 (limited SSD space...)

Bring on midnight with drinks
Old 21st Feb 2013, 20:18   #93
true_gamer
Cheesecake on sale!

true_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm all preloaded, but I'm working all night, so no Crysis 3 till tomorrow when I get up at 2PM.
i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz - ASUS Rampage IV Formula - 16GB Corsair 2400MHz 10 12 12 31 - 3x EVGA GTX 670 F.T.W 4GB Tri SLI with AquagraFX waterblocks Cores: 1306MHz Memory's: 7114MHz - 128GB OCZ Vector SSD - 2TB WD Black Caviar - CM Cosmos RC1000 - Silverstone Strider 1KW - Samsung DVD/RW - Custom Waterloop - 3x Dell U2311H Monitors
ORIGIN username: wipeyourarse - Steam ID: true_gamer - UPLAY ID: true_gamer

My Crysis 3 Ultra Config My Crysis 1 ultra Config
true_gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 20:21   #94
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.
Another days wages to be spent tomorrow, but i was bound to buy it, so hoping its good and i dont complete it in a day.
PabloFunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 21:02   #95
hoochy
Need moar cooling

hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!hoochy - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Yups I'm home and currently preloading! I might get a game in at 12 tonight but have promised myself that I would go to gym before work in morning which means early start! Arggghhhh: D
Fractal Design R3 | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair H60 Liquid | MSI 4GB R290 Twin Frozr | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 500GB Seagate | 2 x 128GB Kingston v200 SSD | 2 x 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair 650W | K60 w/ Reds | Razer Naga
hoochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2013, 21:09   #96
Bluephoenix
Spoon? What spoon?

Bluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for presidentBluephoenix should be considered for president
Have played through it two days ago when it released here stateside.

First impressions (spoiler-free to avoid lynchings):

The attention to detail is back to crysis 1 levels. The environments have all the little things that make them see/feel more believable (and provide odd and satisfying killing tools)

The level design is a mix of crysis 1 and crysis 2, but the sections that resemble 2 don't feel as forced (actual reasons for it instead of invisi-walls) overall it left me with good feelings after some distaste over crysis 2's extremely linear style. there is a slight focus on the hunter/stealth style of play, though it can be brute forced if you feel like going the havoc and destruction route.

The nanosuit feels more responsive than 2, unless using the upgraded armor/deflection, then it feels like you're walking around in a bodysuit of lead.

The AI has seen some decent improvements, reacting smarter to you trying to pick them off, though not as improved as I might have liked.

Some of the story tropes are predictable, but it does a good enough job of engaging new and veteran players with information/explanation and is presented in a very good, unforced manner (some of the Lockhart sections of C2 made the editor in me want to vomit). Very last section of the game has some pacing issues tbh.

Oh, the game on medium puts nearly every other PC game I own to shame if they're running max, if you're looking for a game made for next gen, this is it.

Last edited by Bluephoenix; 21st Feb 2013 at 21:23.
Bluephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 18:09   #97
true_gamer
Cheesecake on sale!

true_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyantrue_gamer is a Super Spamming Saiyan
This is what I get from a fresh install in the game. Downloaded and installed with Origin.

I have tried different settings, including running Very High textures, different types of AA etc, and still get the same results in the below screenshots. Any Ideas?

All Drivers (Chipset etc are up to date). NVidia 314.07 drivers installed on a fresh install of Windows 7 64Bit. DxDiag attached.

PC Specs See Sig.

Settings all set to High with SMAAx1 @ 2560x1440 - High textures

And with Very High with SMAAx1 @ 2560x1440 - high textures

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Simon.
i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz - ASUS Rampage IV Formula - 16GB Corsair 2400MHz 10 12 12 31 - 3x EVGA GTX 670 F.T.W 4GB Tri SLI with AquagraFX waterblocks Cores: 1306MHz Memory's: 7114MHz - 128GB OCZ Vector SSD - 2TB WD Black Caviar - CM Cosmos RC1000 - Silverstone Strider 1KW - Samsung DVD/RW - Custom Waterloop - 3x Dell U2311H Monitors

Old 22nd Feb 2013, 18:18   #98
jinq-sea
#BBERG

jinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Simon - silly question probably, but a) have you wound off your display overclock, and b) tried it running a single card?

Keyboards, various. (More than I have hands and feet...)
i7-3770K // P8Z77-I Deluxe // 8Gb Ballistix // 770 // 256Gb M4 // 250D // AX850 // 3008WFP // 2i2 // Rokit 5 G2
jinq-sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 18:24   #99
true_gamer
Cheesecake on sale!

Nope, it's now fixed after a Repair install on Origin...Only preloaded the game last night...

Now getting a more constant 50FPS maxed out with FXAA and Very High textures.

Old 22nd Feb 2013, 18:50   #100
jinq-sea
#BBERG

jinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nice. I'd forgotten that I pre-ordered mine from Amazon and now I've got to wait for the disc to arrive (Monday). Whooops!

Keyboards, various. (More than I have hands and feet...)
i7-3770K // P8Z77-I Deluxe // 8Gb Ballistix // 770 // 256Gb M4 // 250D // AX850 // 3008WFP // 2i2 // Rokit 5 G2
jinq-sea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crysis, crysis 3