bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 21st Jul 2012, 20:11   #81
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelzebub View Post
Glad to hear it Jeff
Only going to have a few hours, but that'll be time enough to make some progress

I was never happy with the door on the front, so after a little chat with the owner and chief designer ( Dylan ) he came up with an idea and if I say so myself, I absolutely love it .

Last edited by bulldogjeff; 21st Jul 2012 at 20:19.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2012, 05:38   #82
Gaming_freak_10
Hypermodder

Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.Gaming_freak_10 is definitely a rep cheat.
MOAR UPDATESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *cough cough* Excuse me... where was I... oh yes... MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Sorry about that everyone.. Just addicted to Jeff's awesome modding skills.. hmm *gives Jeff his favorite liquor drinks*
Originally Posted by creative View Post
if you dont draw blood whilst working on a car... then your not doing it correctly! That and learning the mechanics language... Basically swearing at it until it fits, whilst drawing blood...
Gaming_freak_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2012, 12:42   #83
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming_freak_10 View Post
MOAR UPDATESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS *cough cough* Excuse me... where was I... oh yes... MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Sorry about that everyone.. Just addicted to Jeff's awesome modding skills.. hmm *gives Jeff his favorite liquor drinks*
Lol

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2012, 21:03   #84
bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming_freak_10 View Post

Just for you there is one coming right about now ...LOL
Old 22nd Jul 2012, 21:16   #85
bulldogjeff

Right the , so the sun came out and I have managed to get a few hours done on the build.
So with out further ado here's what I've been up to..

First up. I was never totally happy with the front door. So Dylan came up with a little idea the set me of in another direction with it..

This was the way it was before...

And after an hour of playing with the jig saw, Dylans idea came to life...

After that I smoothed out the top panel and the one at the front, the main reason being that apart from looking better, there will no longer be room for the USB's and other bits that live there....

Dylan done some of the work as well..It's his build after all

He even done some of the spraying. I was expecting runs and patches but he took to it like a duck to water, all came out really well.

And here's it all rough fitted back together...Don't know about you guys, but I quite like it...

Last edited by bulldogjeff; 22nd Jul 2012 at 23:05.
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 00:28   #86
Teelzebub

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Thats looking great Jeff Dylans got the modding bug soon he will be showing you how to do it

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 00:34   #87
bulldogjeff

He wants to be involved with everything.
He can falatten back the paint when that time comes , see how much fun he thinks that is..lol
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 08:44   #88
Teelzebub

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
He wants to be involved with everything.
He can falatten back the paint when that time comes , see how much fun he thinks that is..lol
Shame I cant rep him mate, So I've repped you instead

Old 23rd Jul 2012, 09:23   #89
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nice one mate. Looking forward to the paint work now
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VI ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[Gainward GTX770 Sli]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]SOUND[Creative soundblaster ZX E22 backplate]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech GS500S,Belkin razer N52TE,QPAD QH90]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 13:07   #90
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelzebub View Post
Shame I cant rep him mate, So I've repped you instead
Shall I open his own account and get the log moved over to it..lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovoet View Post
Nice one mate. Looking forward to the paint work now
Thanks Mark.
Take no notice of the white, thats just under coat.
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 13:43   #91
.//TuNdRa
Resident Bulldozer Guru

.//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat.
My only concern so far is dust; You might have to get inventive with hiding dust filters on those intakes, or otherwise keep the hoover handy to clean it out every now and again.

Other than that; It's turning out to be a pretty damn good project! Always good to get started at a young age, so the skills are already in place when they want to go off and start modding for themselves!
Dozy Beast: AMD FX8120 | Thermalright Archon | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP | Asus Xonar DX/XD | 2X SLI KFA2 550Ti White Edition | Silverstone SSTG1000W | Silverstone Raven RV-02B V1.7 | OCZ Agility 3 60GB | 2x WD 3TB RED RAID0 | Lite-on Blu-ray ROM
Dell U2913WM | Sennheiser HD 485s | Creative Gigaworks T40s | Logitech G13 | Microsoft Sidewinder X6 | Cyborg R.A.T 9
.//TuNdRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 14:37   #92
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by .//TuNdRa View Post
My only concern so far is dust; You might have to get inventive with hiding dust filters on those intakes, or otherwise keep the hoover handy to clean it out every now and again.

Other than that; It's turning out to be a pretty damn good project! Always good to get started at a young age, so the skills are already in place when they want to go off and start modding for themselves!
To get the look right I'll have to live with the dust, won't be the first time. The rig thats going in here is running on air, Dylan put a lot of that together himself, under my watchful eye. He's just got hard core geek in his DNA lol...

When he's not playing football, thats his other passion.
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 15:40   #93
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
To get the look right I'll have to live with the dust, won't be the first time. The rig thats going in here is running on air, Dylan put a lot of that together himself, under my watchful eye. He's just got hard core geek in his DNA lol...

When he's not playing football, thats his other passion.
Looking very nice you're doing a grand job there, Dylan So what colour scheme are you going to have? Not too much bling I hope, unlike your father
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 16:38   #94
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Looking very nice you're doing a grand job there, Dylan So what colour scheme are you going to have? Not too much bling I hope, unlike your father
I have already had to kind of shift him away from flames, he's got them already on Heat Blast..

This is going to be some thing altogether more subtle.

The chassis is getting finished up and painted as we speak..
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 16:44   #95
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
I have already had to kind of shift him away from flames, he's got them already on Heat Blast..

This is going to be some thing altogether more subtle.

The chassis is getting finished up and painted as we speak..
I wasn't asking you I was asking Dylan
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 16:51   #96
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
I wasn't asking you I was asking Dylan
Oh I see like that is it now...lol

I just rang him and he said the paint scheme is top secret.. Translation, he hasn't made his mind up yet
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 19:25   #97
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That case front looks awesome! It's like you've had grimlock round for some bf3 on metro.. 'bloody noob tube! grimlock smash!'

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 19:52   #98
bulldogjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Crapman View Post
That case front looks awesome! It's like you've had grimlock round for some bf3 on metro.. 'bloody noob tube! grimlock smash!'
I have absolutely no idea what you're on about, but I'll take a wild guess that you like it
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 19:59   #99
bulldogjeff

OMG another update, thats 2 in as many days...wooohooo

Being so keen to get stuck in to the chassis I totally forgot to take any pics at the beginning, but if you go back to the first page of this build you'll get an idea of what it was like.

And a few of it with the new front panel, grill and nose cone.

There may even be another update tomorrow...lol
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 20:55   #100
Karrek
Multimodder

Karrek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice work! and I'm glad to see Dylan being a part of it. I think that i will start a mod soon with my daughter's help - to help her get interested in computers and modding...
Great work so far - keep it up!
Karrek is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode