bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 8th Jun 2012, 08:10   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Scratchbuilt PC: cooling system and water-cooling feature

We finish mounting the water-cooling hardware and work on a eyecandy-laden feature in the latest part of our scratchbuilt project...

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/guid...em-and-water/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2012, 18:52   #2
phuzz
This is a title

phuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for presidentphuzz should be considered for president
Nice work!
phuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2012, 04:41   #3
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
I like what you are doing with this Antony, your first scratch build done with normal tools showing to anyone who might doubt themselves that modding & scratch building is average Joe compatible without spending copious amounts of money & this what you are doing is far better than my first effort like most if not all first time scratch builders these days.

When I say this I am definitely not joking.

This was my feature piece, the great snake pit of awesomeness.

See, & if someone said it was ugly I'd totally agree with them... Now... But back then I was pretty pleased with it indeed with it being my first, I just figured I could do better so persisted spending a little longer on each one but without that first one I simply wouldn't be doing what I do now & same or similar can be said for anyone who does this.

And yes that includes pro's of any level once upon a time they had to build skills doing something, just so happens it plays awesome to modding also.

Think it took me an astonishingly long week to do this first scratch build, I had no patience back then.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:42   #4
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Makes me wanna do a scratch too again :P
l3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2012, 06:45   #5
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3p View Post
Makes me wanna do a scratch too again :P
You know you want to.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2012, 21:21   #6
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks Waynio! TBH, you had the harder project by far for your first scratchbuild - acrylic is so much easier to work with. I think I'd probably have cried by now if I'd used any more metal than I have already and considering you mainly use hand tools and scroll saws for your works of art - that's just amazing!

But yeah, I wanted to make this project using little more than a Dremel and a heat gun to make sure the whole project costs as little as possible and needs just basic tools to make. I guess I've spent around 40 on materials so far and the rest has been scavenged. Not including the cooling gear of course - you'd have to buy that with any new PC. I've been impressed with how much you can achieve for relatively little cash (compared to a high end case for example). Looking forward to finishing it though!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote