Other Portable stereo systems for outdoor festivals (PIC HEAVY)

Discussion in 'General' started by Picarro, 14 Jun 2012.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Hiya people,

I wanted to show you a couple of things I made. I don't think this goes in Modding as it is not really a mod, a question or a disaster. If anything, it is just me bragging a bit.

For this years Roskilde Festival (northern Europes largest outdoor festival, 120,000 attendees) I made a couple of outdoor speaker systems. One is a rather large "disco" speaker and the other is a lot more portable and will be dragged around and used to yell obsceneties at people while I am drunk.

So, without further ado:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

Does Northern Europe include the UK?

Also awesome idea. What is inside them spec wise?

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

That backpack one is awesomesauce.

4. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

The larger one called a "Boominator" has got 4x HP-10W bass and midrange speakers cut at 100hz (anything below this is unnoticeable outdoors) and 4 tweeters. The amplifier is an Amp6B 2x25w from 41hz.com. The Boominator has speakers on both sides and they are all paralleled into the amplifier. This enables them to play VERY loud for an extended period of time on just 2x 12v 7,2 Ah batteries. The car battery is a plug and play affair for when the smaller internal batteries run out of juice after a couple of days of festival. The estimated run time for the speaker system is around 80 hours at full boot from the internal batteries and probably close to a week and a half from the car battery.

The backpack has a single SPA-10PA speaker with 2x Monacor MPT-001 tweeters powered by a TA-2020 25w amplifier from eBay. It has a single 12v 9Ah battery which enables it to play at maximum volume for around 50 hours. I am in the process of sourcing a pre-amp for the microphone as the output from it is too low.

If you want to see a few more of the larger speaker systems, join the group "The Boominator" on facebook, it is a collection of this type of speaker systems.

5. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

6. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Oh thanks, I'll have a poke around their forum