bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 15th Jun 2012, 09:49   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Mod Gods: more of the best ever PC mods

We've got thousands of projects on our forum, but here are some of our all-time favourites

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/case...he-best-mods/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2012, 11:03   #2
faxiij
Multimodder

faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I still am so intrigued by those amazing water-"canals" in the trident-mod!

Truly a master of modding. I really respect that much time and dedication invested again and again into what really just is a object getting (ab)used on a daily basis (computer, that is..not the case itself of course).

I tend to mod what I have when I can to make my living environment somewhat (hopefully) cool and stylish so I feel happy. That means all things though, but once. Here a new cable hiding system, there a new monitor-stand and also once every five years a little mod on my pc.

Making so many absolutely impressive cases is just impressive and leaves me a tad jealous. In fact, my first scratch build which I've been meticulously planning for ~2 years already has a lot of Boddaker's mod-pics in my folder that serves for inspiration in planning all the small details.

Here's to one of bit-tech's legends! *bows with hat and drinks a pint*
faxiij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2012, 11:08   #3
do_it_anyway
Supermodder

do_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldo_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It is the attention to detail in Neptune Trident that always blew my mind.
Every last bit of the case has 3 pronged forks, including the fan grills.

It is my favourite mod of all time.

(The others here are incredible too!)
do_it_anyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2012, 11:44   #4
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Neptune is my top 3 mods ever! Like Faxiij said; the amazing water canals. And not to forget the whole build is just perfect. I could not think of anything I do not like about it. It's just oozes brilliancy in every aspect.
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2012, 15:06   #5
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.
The word "gods" in the article title doesn't require a capital letter Simon/Anthony

Fantastic article though, I love Brian's work!

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2012, 00:10   #6
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Surely you could had found other excellent mods rather than featuring four by the same person?
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2012, 02:59   #7
SuicideNeil
I'm insane, not stupid.

SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.
All in good time^....
Old 16th Jun 2012, 11:28   #8
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibblesan
Surely you could had found other excellent mods rather than featuring four by the same person?
The series is more about the person than the mods so it makes sense to take a look at some of the best projects from one particular person if they've made quite a few like Brian has.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2012, 17:29   #9
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
for jerks like me who never make mod like one of those... brilliant!!! *soaping rope in toilet*
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2012, 22:00   #10
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Love the TF2 projects not 100% scratch builds but all the fun stuff is which makes for enjoyable modding & great results with less of the precision needed for all the regular bits.

Blackmesa II I didn't know he made a 2nd one & getting to do a half life project for Sir Gabe Newell to promote the game is as good as modding gets if your a gamer/modder, definitely a feat to be proud of.
I'd do that for 2 free games of any value each month for life on steam so I could mod & game without gaming being a constant hole in my pocket.

If Brian wasn't worthy of being featured in this then no one else would be & is 1 of the modders I originally got inspired to get into this awesome interest when browsing TBCS before I started, he's done much more projects than I know of, even just lately I only just caught a project or 2 with his name on them but the logs are already done earlier due to NDA for commissioned builds I think so they easily get missed when posted.

I always see innovation in his projects in some form also as well as perfection & a perfectly coordinated theme, that teaching aid he invented for the Lenovo competition totally shows he is a really high level modder who is very inventive, I can picture a company spending millions to come up with something like that but this guy is a genius & I'm sure it would have cost a fair bit but nothing like what a company would have pumped into something like that.

Perfect modder who digs deep in the mind to pull some of his ideas out. Shown a full spectrum of awesomeness from something fun for kids to educational stuff to big kids who like fun things as well as amazing & sophisticated. I like inventiveness & full blown creativity in modding a lot, Brian would have been 1 of my first choices in this series.

Plus I can't recall anyone else making it to the front page of Custom PC mag ever but having said that I've only been a reader for a couple of years, not even Attila to my surprise, I really do think if they did that more often with some of the masterpieces that roll through bit-tech it would make people see the words Custom PC & an amazing custom pc on the cover & want to buy it, suppose custom pc has a different meaning to most & just means buying components to make a good spec system, maybe it should be called "Upgrade pc" lol, not a dig, just my point of view, when someone says they have a custom pc I picture a custom pc like something in this series, not just a chosen parts upgraded system or an overclock bundle from a shop placed inside a stock case which is the most basic form of a custom pc.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jun 2012, 22:02   #11
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
The overlays on the forum are becoming a bit irritating.

Seem to have to click everything twice before it responds & had DNS poisoning attacks coming while on bit-tech.

Something is wrong.

I sure don't have a problem with bit-tech advertising to keep money coming in but don't let it screw up the forum or the main site, too damn good to let that happen.
Old 18th Jun 2012, 00:05   #12
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio
The overlays on the forum are becoming a bit irritating.

Seem to have to click everything twice before it responds & had DNS poisoning attacks coming while on bit-tech.

Something is wrong.

I sure don't have a problem with bit-tech advertising to keep money coming in but don't let it screw up the forum or the main site, too damn good to let that happen.
After I last saw mention of this, I tried to get popups to show up here. No matter what, though, I got nothing. Maybe you need Opera

OT, though, Neptune's Trident was, as I recall, one of the first project logs I saw here. Set the bar nicely high for what was to follow
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 08:07   #13
Boddaker
TRON CAT!

Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.Boddaker is definitely a rep cheat.
Holy crap! I was totally NOT expecting this at all! I just happened to stumble on to this feature article when I noticed a small thumbnail of Mystique next to the title lol. Thank you guys for the kind words, and thank you Antony & Bit-Tech for the awesome writeup. I've been so busy lately I haven't had much time to visit the forums much, but I'll be back with a new project soon enough! Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my brother
Is the name "Neptune's Trident" something you came up with? I can't see how a planet and chewing gum are related.
Boddaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 11:09   #14
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Only just noticed, wow you must be busy. You even already have your godly trident weapon.

I truly need an instant sub feature for modders who do projects in the blink of an eye & often, think I've missed a few of your projects.

Think thechoozen should be in the series also, crazy amount of awesome projects they have done & still juggling projects & always adding new skills & perfecting them.

Of course there are plenty more, more names than I can shake a dremel at.