bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 29th Jun 2012, 16:22   #21
krussellusaf
Modder

krussellusaf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMod? View Post
It's usual paracord 550 Type III, approximately 4 mm. There was something in the center, I don't know how to call it, but i had to pull it out.
Should be 7 nylon strings. I'm not sure on the exact numbers but that's why its called "550". Each string has a specific weight limit and the sheathing does as well adding up to 550. A full piece of 550 can hold 550 lbs. Just a little gee wiz :P
krussellusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jun 2012, 16:23   #22
Shurika
Multimodder

Shurika has yet to learn the way of the DremelShurika has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thank you, GotMod, I`m going to do the same think, but I decided to ask your method at first.

@Krikkit, there are some strong cord in the middle, I use it to pull long wires through the paracord
Old 30th Jun 2012, 13:25   #23
GotMod?
Minimodder

GotMod? has yet to learn the way of the DremelGotMod? has yet to learn the way of the DremelGotMod? has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Little update:

Nothing special, just replaced all stock lian li's fans.

BitFenix Spectre LED White 140mm at the top. It will also be used as the lights:

Arctic Cooling ARCTIC F12 120 mm for the rad (push/pull). Not the best efficiency, but the look is great:

GotMod? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2012, 10:46   #24
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
This is looking great GotMod? Good call on "ascetics over efficiency" on the fans
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2012, 10:52   #25
keir
S p i t F i r e

keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Looking good so far.
keir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2012, 11:14   #26
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i've got 3 arctic 120 PWM in my case - they pretty noisy for my ears i can tolerate them only at 40-50%
OT: they were cheapest PWM fans i can get... never thought about myself that i so acoustic intolerant as anesthesiologist i'm pretty deaf but this boys loud
Vetalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2012, 15:18   #27
GotMod?
Minimodder

GotMod? has yet to learn the way of the DremelGotMod? has yet to learn the way of the DremelGotMod? has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
This is looking great GotMod? Good call on "ascetics over efficiency" on the fans
Quote:
Looking good so far.
Thank's!!!

Quote:
i've got 3 arctic 120 PWM in my case - they pretty noisy for my ears i can tolerate them only at 40-50% OT: they were cheapest PWM fans i can get... never thought about myself that i so acoustic intolerant as anesthesiologist i'm pretty deaf but this boys loud
I'll check it when the case will be done. I'm more concerned about the temps. If i will be not satisfied with it i'll go for GTs.

//cpu gpu wateblocks installed, pictures soon...
Old 1st Jul 2012, 15:56   #28
Pinwmpires
Minimodder

Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Pinwmpires is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Very good job! Simple and clean.. I love this kind of mods! Keep it up
Pinwmpires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2012, 23:17   #29
GotMod?
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwmpires View Post
Very good job! Simple and clean.. I love this kind of mods! Keep it up
Thank u.
Seen your build on xtreme. Amazingly illuminated midplate and the rig itself
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 17:56   #30
GotMod?
Minimodder

Little update. Installed cpu and gpu waterblocks.

Here are some photos of the blocks i made:

EK-SUPREME HF - ACETAL+EN (NICKEL)

EK-FC580 GTX - NICKEL

CPU installed:

Some pics of gpu mounting process:

And the result:

Old 2nd Jul 2012, 21:00   #31
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
if i'll be e-tailer - i've ramp up prices for _old_ design EK products 50%... at least...
nice parts here!
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 22:21   #32
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Mount the cpublock as it shoud be !, otherwise it looks great!
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 10:26   #33
GotMod?
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
Mount the cpublock as it shoud be !, otherwise it looks great!
Hmm, I really didn't think it would matter. seen many builds with this way of mounting.
Can anyone explain me the difference if I rotate it, please?
Thanks.
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 11:48   #34
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Have you considered putting a shroud on top of the waterblock? I have no idea why, but I always liked having something covering that 2nd slot. It just seems so...interesting.
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 11:51   #35
Vetalar
*learning english*

maybe there be better results when WB fins will be perpendicular with CPU core?
Old 8th Jul 2012, 15:28   #36
GotMod?
Minimodder

Little update.

Started to mount the rad, but faced a problem. Rad wouldn't fit in stock lian li's holes:

So i started to think how to mount it. One way was to make custom stands and the other was to use XSPC brackets. I stopped on second one:

And when i began to mount it, i came with a genius idea. If i rotate the lian li's stand upside down, the rad would fit perfectly. So i started to do it:

Upside down:

Mounted the rad to the stand and to the case:

Also placed 140 fan at the top:

Pump is also in the place. (Almost out of space for cables). Some pics of the current state:

Old 8th Jul 2012, 18:52   #37
Shurika
Multimodder

Shurika has yet to learn the way of the DremelShurika has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It`s pretty! I like colours! 2 fans are good enough for this thick radiator?
Old 11th Jul 2012, 19:23   #38
GotMod?
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurika View Post
It`s pretty! I like colours! 2 fans are good enough for this thick radiator?
Thanks, Shurika!! I hope it will be enough. If not, i've got a Plan B:

Also started to think what to do with the front panel and how to cover it:

Came up with this design (the letter "M" for Monochrome). Going to use white and black plex (2mm each):

Planning to play with some leds and something else ))

Build at the moment (routing hoses, which will be replaced with white or black):

Last edited by GotMod?; 11th Jul 2012 at 19:45.
Old 12th Jul 2012, 08:47   #39
Fuganater
Supermodder

Fuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run Crysis
Looking good. Keep it up!
Old 13th Jul 2012, 00:05   #40
RebootTech
Budget? What Budget?

RebootTech has yet to learn the way of the DremelRebootTech has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It was quite a few posts ago, but your video of sleeving the cables *totally* helped me out. I had tried about 6 different methods and couldn't get it right, but your ideas to 1) wrap the tip in tape, and 2) melt the end around the tip a bit when finished, took me from madly frustrated to sleeving cables. Thank you so much for that video!
RebootTech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sff

View Mode