bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 30th Oct 2012, 20:26   #41
GotMod?
Minimodder

GotMod? has yet to learn the way of the DremelGotMod? has yet to learn the way of the DremelGotMod? has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Looking good. Keep it up!
ThankS!!!!

Quote:
It was quite a few posts ago, but your video of sleeving the cables *totally* helped me out. I had tried about 6 different methods and couldn't get it right, but your ideas to 1) wrap the tip in tape, and 2) melt the end around the tip a bit when finished, took me from madly frustrated to sleeving cables. Thank you so much for that video!
Glad you liked it!!

Hi all!
Project is alive!! Had a lot of stuff to do and was really busy, didn't have any free time to spend it on a project. But now i'm getting back to work.

So, first of all, i got some new stuff:
Alphacool Tubing Clear

Mayhems Pastel Ice White

Lamptron FlexLight 30cm. I need more lights as lights from fan is not enough.

Also prepared side panel for a window cut

Hope to finish everything by the end of this week.
Old 1st Nov 2012, 13:02   #42
GotMod?
Minimodder

GotMod? has yet to learn the way of the DremelGotMod? has yet to learn the way of the DremelGotMod? has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Little update. Today i filled the loop and installed lights.
I'm happy with the result.

Left to do: window and front panel.
Old 9th Nov 2012, 07:56   #43
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice project & very nice paracord video.

Congrats on the mod of the month nomination.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 11:56   #44
Phame
Hukkel's sex slave

Phame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
So nice! Gratz on the MOTM nomination..
GL man!
Phame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 20:57   #45
GotMod?
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Nice project & very nice paracord video.

Congrats on the mod of the month nomination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phame View Post
So nice! Gratz on the MOTM nomination..
GL man!

Thank you a lot for support!! It was a huge-huge suprise for me to be nominated in MOTM. I didn't think this project would might compete with such great works, considering that this is my first ever build, especially wc-ed. Thank you bit-tech for the trust.

But back to work. Finished the front panels. Still can't deside whether it satisfies me or not. In real it looks much better then on pics.

I used 2 sheets of plex, one is black:

Sorry for the fingerprints ))

and the white:

The finished look:

*screws are not tighten yet

don't know yet whether i like it or not. Thinking of something else

Last edited by GotMod?; 9th Nov 2012 at 21:45.
GotMod? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 22:01   #46
patara
life is wonderful

patara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hello brother, excellent work
Old 9th Nov 2012, 22:15   #47
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I really liked the mod so far, but the front panels are not fitting in my eyes. I think they screw up the whole elegant look from outside.

Maybe a bay reservoir, something like the frozen q liquid fusion, would look better?
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2012, 22:23   #48
GotMod?
Minimodder

Yep, thinking on a new design... Thanks for a feedback!
I will probably switch the color of the front panel to black and add to the middle of it something like that or that

Too bad i don't have a space for aquatube reservoir.

Last edited by GotMod?; 9th Nov 2012 at 22:30.
GotMod? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2012, 17:20   #49
GotMod?
Minimodder

Finally i finished this project. I know i did some mistakes. But as it was my first ever project, i'm really happy with the result. It was a serious challenge for me.

Ok, so finished the window (didn't have a jigsaw, so had to use my hands):

And the final pics (sorry for the quality, for some reason my camera didn't want to take nice shots ))):

Want to say thanks to all who supported me and this project! If you do like it, support it in MOTM.
Old 28th Nov 2012, 22:35   #50
patara
life is wonderful

patara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpatara has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
good work of creative successes in the following fashions
Old 29th Nov 2012, 01:00   #51
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks fantastic, I love how the white tubing seems to just disappear into the white floor, as if it just melts away. +rep
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08

Last edited by The boy 4rm oz; 1st Dec 2012 at 07:34.
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2012, 01:06   #52
exexs
Multimodder

exexs has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good job! What about the temp as you are using "only" a 240rad?
Old 29th Nov 2012, 03:27   #53
dotdrew
Minimodder

dotdrew has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Love the black and white colour scheme, shame about the tiny bits of blue on the motherboard but I suppose the effort needed to de-solder them and paint them isn't worth the fact that they're hardly noticeable. Great job for a first time build!
dotdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2012, 16:09   #54
GotMod?
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by patara View Post
good work of creative successes in the following fashions
Thanks a lot Patara!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
Looks fantastic, I love how the white tubing seems to just dispensary into the white floor, as if it just melts away. +rep
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotdrew View Post
Love the black and white colour scheme, shame about the tiny bits of blue on the motherboard but I suppose the effort needed to de-solder them and paint them isn't worth the fact that they're hardly noticeable. Great job for a first time build!
Thank's a lot! As i was building this project, i already had in mind the other one )) Wanted to finish it as soon as possible (but hurring is not a good thing in modding) ) That's why i desided not to touch the MB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exexs View Post
Good job! What about the temp as you are using "only" a 240rad?
Did a test in FurMark for one hour. 1920x1080 (0X MSAA)

Probably not so good, but it's only two sections

Tags
sff

View Mode