bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 5th Jul 2012, 10:00   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
SteelSeries Kana Review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...-kana-review/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2012, 11:10   #2
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.
How do people find the reliability of the steelserious mice? My Ikari laser is on it's last legs with it not responding to ever single 'wheel up' and occasionally double clicking by accident.

It's about 4 years old though, so it's had a fair amount of use. Maybe it's time for a new one.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2012, 11:18   #3
Jaybles
Hypermodder

Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
While it may not suit if you’ve got particularly big hands, we found it immediately comfortable and familiar.
What the hell is suitable for big hands? I have the Razer Deathadder at the moment and am trying to find something bigger.
i7 950 @ 3.8 1.192v|Noctua NH-U12P SE2|Asus P6X58D-E|12 GB DDR3 1600|1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3|Samsung 830 64GB|XFX Double D R7950|Asus Xonar DG|Antec Quattro 850w|Bitfenix Colossus|Dell U2311H|Dell E173FP
Steam|PSN:nythraln
Jaybles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2012, 12:09   #4
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I found the Tt eSports Black to be quite good for larger hands

bit-tech on Facebook - Custom PC on Facebook - bit-tech on Twitter

Steam ID: votelarry - BFBC2 ID: M4terial - Feel free to add me
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2012, 12:14   #5
bowman
Supermodder

bowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So it's got only one thumb button on each side?

I get that it's supposed to be ambidextrous, but I like having two buttons. One for voice comms, one for.. game stuff.
bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2012, 12:16   #6
Jaybles
Hypermodder

Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Jaybles - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Material - Most interesting. I shall look into it. Thanks

Edit: Its actually slightly smaller than the Deathadder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowman View Post

I get that it's supposed to be ambidextrous, but I like having two buttons. One for voice comms, one for.. game stuff.
Use the button on the other side with a finger?
i7 950 @ 3.8 1.192v|Noctua NH-U12P SE2|Asus P6X58D-E|12 GB DDR3 1600|1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3|Samsung 830 64GB|XFX Double D R7950|Asus Xonar DG|Antec Quattro 850w|Bitfenix Colossus|Dell U2311H|Dell E173FP

Last edited by Jaybles; 5th Jul 2012 at 12:22.
Old 5th Jul 2012, 13:06   #7
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybles
Material - Most interesting. I shall look into it. Thanks

Edit: Its actually slightly smaller than the Deathadder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowman View Post

Use the button on the other side with a finger?
Coolermaster Sentinel Advance is pretty whopping too.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2012, 13:37   #8
Jaybles
Hypermodder

I shall take a looksee. Thanks
Old 5th Jul 2012, 15:51   #9
silky
Banned

silky has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lotta money for something with limited buttons imo.
silky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2012, 15:59   #10
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Coolermaster Sentinel Advance is pretty whopping too.
It's certainly not small, took me quite a while to get used to coming from a razer diamondback, pleased with it though.

I've always liked the plan look of the steelseries mice, in the end I can cope with 1 side button, so this in theory should be great, does everything I want without any fancy superfluous features.
Old 5th Jul 2012, 18:10   #11
hugo60
Multimodder

hugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhugo60 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like the look of this one, would definitely consider it if i need a replacement. The only thing putting me off is there only being 1 button on each side, 2 would be ideal.
hugo60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2012, 02:46   #12
Darkened
Hypermodder

Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Darkened is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The name doesn't sound too cool to me, but maybe it's because Kana means chicken in Finnish...

Project: Orange Monster - Project: Phantom Black - Project: Red October

Japhoto blog - Google+
Darkened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2012, 06:27   #13
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Eh, doesn't look like $50 worth of mouse to me. Low-profile mice drive me insane, though, although my hands aren't huge. I'm not a big guy, but I like a chunky mouse. The Gigabyte 6980 I've got is big, has two thumb buttons, tilt wheel, 3-stop on the fly dpi switching, all buttons are programmable, and it's got 3 switchable modes - currently one for Civ, another for TF2 (3rd for my text editor for when I'm coding.) On top of that, it was $40..so I'll take a pass on the Kana.
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2012, 23:20   #14
banshee256
Modder

banshee256 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This mouse reminds me a great deal of the legendary Microsoft IntelliMouse, which is a very, very good thing indeed. Was a sad day when they stopped making those. Defiantly going to pick this up as soon as the missus gives the all clear.
Old 14th Jul 2012, 20:50   #15
hamza_tm
I Mod, Therefore I Own

hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybles
Quote:
While it may not suit if you’ve got particularly big hands, we found it immediately comfortable and familiar.
What the hell is suitable for big hands? I have the Razer Deathadder at the moment and am trying to find something bigger.
Zowie EC1 is pretty big. Or you may want to try the likes of the Ikari/Mionix Naos, as that shape can cater for big hands with its huge rear end design.

CM Storm Quickfire Rapid MX Brown (White Filco caps) | Zowie AM | Sennheiser PC360 | Razer Sphex
hamza_tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2012, 20:06   #16
hamza_tm
I Mod, Therefore I Own

hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by banshee256 View Post
This mouse reminds me a great deal of the legendary Microsoft IntelliMouse, which is a very, very good thing indeed. Was a sad day when they stopped making those. Defiantly going to pick this up as soon as the missus gives the all clear.
The Kana is nothing like the Intellimouse in use.

It has almost the exact same dimensions, except for one vital point. The front end is very, very low making it awkward to hold for most fingertip grips. My EC2 is much more like the Intellimouse!

I use all three on a daily basis

CM Storm Quickfire Rapid MX Brown (White Filco caps) | Zowie AM | Sennheiser PC360 | Razer Sphex
hamza_tm is offline   Reply With Quote