1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Sharkoon T28 review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 9 Jul 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. mikeyandrewb

mikeyandrewb What's a Dremel?

It can't really match the 100 in my opinion. Yes it has the USB3 port on the front and some cool features inside. I like the tool free bays and the bottom PSU fan slot.
    But aesthetically I don't really like it. It just looks flimsy and horrid. Maybe its just me but, I'd pick the 100 every time.
    Though I do have a 100 myself so maybe I'm not being fair....

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I love the blue. Why are there not more blue cases on the market?

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Quality of the case aside, it's not even the blue that I dislike, it's that it seems to be different shades of blue.
    Although this does touch on an issue I have been noticing for the last few years. Yes, you can still get silver cases but God forbid that you want to use any accessories with them. It is nearly impossible to buy a new optical drive in silver for example.

However, as mush as cheap cases have come a long, long way over the last 3-5 years, as my case sits in full view and is going to be used to house a system of a few generations of updates, I do not begrudge paying an extra £100 to get the very best.

I am yet to find a case that has appealed to me quite as much as the SilverStone Fortress FT-01 since I very first saw it what? 4-5 years ago? I love the look and quality of that case and the options it will give me for future builds. Although I will wait to see what the next case released from SilverStone is like and if they will release a USB3 version of the FT-01.

5. MrTeal

MrTeal Minimodder

I might have bought an FT01 if it had an updated front panel.

6. mikeyandrewb

mikeyandrewb What's a Dremel?

Maybe they should have interchangeable colours? Like a sheet of thin plastic you can change depending on the colour you desire?
    Now that would be cool...

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Oh gawd that looks cheap and nasty.

Tags: Add Tags