bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 9th Jul 2012, 10:27   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Mozilla ceases Thunderbird feature development

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/20...-thunderbird/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2012, 10:31   #2
will_123
Small childs brain in a big body

will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This is quite disappointing. I use this as my main email client on Linux whichever distro I use. I really like it for the support it has with PGP. Will probably continue to use it see what the community do with it.

Web Hosting - http://www.goforthhosting.com
will_123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2012, 10:49   #3
b1candy
What's a Dremel?

b1candy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have several GMail accounts and a couple of work email accounts. I use TB as my source to collect them all and also send from them if needed.

First we get word that iGoogle is being shut down, and now TB isn't being officially supported. All my productivity is going down the plughole.
b1candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2012, 11:35   #4
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1candy View Post
I have several GMail accounts and a couple of work email accounts. I use TB as my source to collect them all and also send from them if needed.

First we get word that iGoogle is being shut down, and now TB isn't being officially supported. All my productivity is going down the plughole.
But Facebook isn't going anywhere. That has to count as a plus...

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2012, 11:45   #5
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1candy View Post
...and now TB isn't being officially supported.
Don't know where you read that. They just said it's not being feature developed. Support will still be there in terms of fixes/patches. And once they relaunch into it, it will get the update it needs.
Old 9th Jul 2012, 12:34   #6
Pliqu3011
Zero Hoots Given

Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.
What a shame.
Old 9th Jul 2012, 12:57   #7
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If they're still doing security updates I see no reason to stop using it.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2012, 13:31   #8
Evolutionsic
Gives credit where its due

Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.
Does tb support .me ?
Old 9th Jul 2012, 14:11   #9
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
it's the only non-OS specific good mail client, it's a shame to see its feature update being dropped.

however, it can also be seen as a good thing. TB is pretty much perfect, any more features will become bloat.

iGoogle, now it's really sad to see that go, what was Google thinking!
Old 9th Jul 2012, 14:51   #10
Kacela
Minimodder

Kacela has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It would indeed a shame if TB went away. Many of the thousands of people still using XP and Microsoft's Outlook Express would not really have a viable alternative to Outlook Express, when they are forced to upgrade to Windows 7 or beyond. OE is not supported by Windows 7, but TB can be configured to behave very much the same way as OE. Hopefully, the "community" will take the TB code and really run with it...
Kacela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2012, 15:50   #11
monkiboi
Multimodder

monkiboi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.monkiboi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.monkiboi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.monkiboi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.monkiboi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.monkiboi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.monkiboi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.monkiboi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.monkiboi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.monkiboi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.monkiboi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Initially I thought they were dropping it completely but as long as security fixes are released then it's fine by me. Functionality can always be added via extensions unless I'm still missing something.
Old 10th Jul 2012, 05:50   #12
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacela
It would indeed a shame if TB went away. Many of the thousands of people still using XP and Microsoft's Outlook Express would not really have a viable alternative to Outlook Express, when they are forced to upgrade to Windows 7 or beyond. OE is not supported by Windows 7, but TB can be configured to behave very much the same way as OE. Hopefully, the "community" will take the TB code and really run with it...
Bleh - OE can eat a dick.

That said, so nice to see Mozilla concentrating on what's important - a stupid, pointless mobile OS that might get some traction in Brazil. Way to go, guys!
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jul 2012, 07:58   #13
Bogomip
... Yo Momma

Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
This is a shame, I still use thunderbird at home. Its probably not quite as good as Outlook, but its way better than outlook express - and still good overall.

Mozilla have lost it a bit though now
Bogomip is offline   Reply With Quote