bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 11th Jul 2012, 19:02   #1
Vandalo
Modder

Vandalo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Cosmos II "Vista"

Hello guys,
I wanted to show you my new project, I want to fun with a Cosmos II.
The work will be long and consists of a liquid cooling system that will handle all the cool components with a dual loop (loop classics separate CPU and VGA).
I will try to take some unusual solutions for component placement... lately I like to venture in this direction so I need your valuable advice and your support.

First of all I thanks to Cooler Master Italia for giving me kindly offered a Cosmos II case and a Silent Pro Hybrid PSU from 1300W.

Ah... sorry for my english

In a case of this size we would expect a MB large format with all that space available and instead I will use a mATX, an Asus Maximus V Gene.

The choice fell on this MB because I like a lot, but mainly because it is small just for keep two radiators. A loop with a 4x120 radiator for VGA and a loop with a 3x120 radiator for CPU/RAM.
The two loops will handle with two aquaero, then two loop totally independent.
To make room for the radiator, I move the PSU from his seat and I'm going to put on the front of the case ... what I've done on my TJ07 and for me this is a winning choice.

I started to remove "some" rivet

To insert a radiator from 480 in the bottom of the case, the psu must be moved. I could just put it next to the radiator in TJ07 style, but I never liked as solution... where can I prefer move to optimize the performance of system, and in this case I could.
The psu will be fixed directly on the sheet metal of the case instead of big fan that CM has provided to cool the HD. To do this I have prepared some 2 mm steel plates to fit the holes of the psu to the case.

See you soon for other photo.
Bye guys.

Last edited by Vandalo; 12th Sep 2012 at 18:05.
Vandalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2012, 21:27   #2
krussellusaf
Modder

krussellusaf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's got a lot of potential. I can't wait to see more.
krussellusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2012, 13:13   #3
Vandalo
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by krussellusaf View Post
It's got a lot of potential. I can't wait to see more.
I'm very glad that you like

Ok guys... today I put the power in his new position.
After I took the measurements for the holes I started to drill the sheet metal of the case.

Bye guys...
Old 12th Jul 2012, 13:26   #4
GamerIDGoesHere
www.^.com

GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I like what you did with the PSU and this mod has HEAPS of potential, keep on updating!
I subbed too
- Dan
GamerIDGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2012, 13:37   #5
Dave2010_TA
Supermodder

Dave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDave2010_TA is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Hi Vandalo!!! Nice to see you there!!! Show us what you got!!!
Dave2010_TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2012, 17:54   #6
whyte
Multimodder

whyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwhyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dude.. the psu mount is awesome. Excited to see whats coming
Old 14th Jul 2012, 16:10   #7
Dagored
What's a Dremel?

Dagored has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
After the fantastic work on the TJ07, I can not miss this thread!
We're just beginning and already I see great things.

I follow Vandalo!
Dagored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jul 2012, 18:38   #8
Owndapwn
Modder

Owndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run Crysis
I'd be careful with the PSU as it is. You'll be fighting convection (heat rises) when exhausting, and you'll be putting warmed air in the case.
If you reverse the PSU fan (Change polarity), then it won't be an issue (Unless it makes noise), but as it is right now, your PSU will always be warmer than a PSU with the traditional orientation.
Owndapwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jul 2012, 21:31   #9
Vandalo
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerIDGoesHere View Post
I like what you did with the PSU and this mod has HEAPS of potential, keep on updating!
I subbed too
- Dan
oh thanks Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2010_TA View Post
Hi Vandalo!!! Nice to see you there!!! Show us what you got!!!
Hi Dave... yesss but I need some time

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyte View Post
Dude.. the psu mount is awesome. Excited to see whats coming
Thanks whyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagored View Post
After the fantastic work on the TJ07, I can not miss this thread!
We're just beginning and already I see great things.

I follow Vandalo!
Ciao Dago
thanks... more photos in a few days.
Old 14th Jul 2012, 21:42   #10
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Awesome PSU mount
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2012, 12:49   #11
Dot_Kappa
100% Puppet

Dot_Kappa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Subscribed!

I' am waiting for the next step
Old 16th Jul 2012, 14:00   #12
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owndapwn View Post
I'd be careful with the PSU as it is. You'll be fighting convection (heat rises) when exhausting, and you'll be putting warmed air in the case.
If you reverse the PSU fan (Change polarity), then it won't be an issue (Unless it makes noise), but as it is right now, your PSU will always be warmer than a PSU with the traditional orientation.
^^ i'm with this man ^^
i can't figure out any reason to pump warm air in the case... with current PSU placement i see only one way out: place PSU fan to blow air _out_ of the PSU... just my $0.02
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2012, 19:46   #13
Vandalo
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
Awesome PSU mount
Thanks Mankz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot_Kappa View Post
Subscribed!

I' am waiting for the next step
Hi Kappa thanks, to soon with some news.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetalar View Post
^^ i'm with this man ^^
i can't figure out any reason to pump warm air in the case... with current PSU placement i see only one way out: place PSU fan to blow air _out_ of the PSU... just my $0.02
For Owndapwn and Vetalar.

I could open the power supply to turn the fan to reverse the flow of air, suction from inside to push it off the front of the case... or I could leave the power supply fan in a conventional way but direct hot air under the case.
But I like to reverse the fan.

In the case not remain hot air.
Old 16th Jul 2012, 21:28   #14
Owndapwn
Modder

Owndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalo View Post
For Owndapwn and Vetalar.

I could open the power supply to turn the fan to reverse the flow of air, suction from inside to push it off the front of the case... or I could leave the power supply fan in a conventional way but direct hot air under the case.
But I like to reverse the fan.

In the case not remain hot air.
So you do have a plan for the PSU?
There are a couple ways you could fix it, but the best would be to either put the PSU where it was originally or to reverse the fan.
Owndapwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2012, 21:49   #15
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
That PSU mounts is just brilliant!

I will keep an eye on this
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2012, 19:47   #16
Vandalo
Modder

Quote:
So you do have a plan for the PSU?
There are a couple ways you could fix it, but the best would be to either put the PSU where it was originally or to reverse the fan.
I think I'll choose the easy way out, I will reverse the fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
That PSU mounts is just brilliant!

I will keep an eye on this
thanks p0Pe
Old 18th Jul 2012, 07:25   #17
Lehani
Multimodder

Lehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have thought about buying this case myself following for some ideas

you started out pretty neat
Lehani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2012, 15:43   #18
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Wow nice build.

The Cosmos II has so much potential but I lack skill to mod mine.

Subscribed though to see how this turns out because it's looking like it will be amazing.
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2012, 20:29   #19
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
Off to great start, agree about PSU location, pretty slick idea... I look forward to seeing the ending results
Old 21st Jul 2012, 18:55   #20
Vandalo
Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehani View Post
I have thought about buying this case myself following for some ideas

you started out pretty neat
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
Wow nice build.

The Cosmos II has so much potential but I lack skill to mod mine.

Subscribed though to see how this turns out because it's looking like it will be amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
Off to great start, agree about PSU location, pretty slick idea... I look forward to seeing the ending results
Thanks guys, I'm very happy of your words

View Mode