bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th Jul 2012, 11:44   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Kontron KTT30 packs a Tegra 3 into an mITX case

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ontron-ktt30/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2012, 18:07   #2
IvanIvanovich
будет глотать вашу душу.

IvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming SaiyanIvanIvanovich is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I wish one of these companies would be smart enough to put 6-8 sata ports on the board. These would be absolutely perfect for file servers, they are really missing a huge section of the market for these type of boards.
[end of line] intel xeon x3460 | evga p55 sli | 8gb mushkin blackline | evga gtx670 | seagate 600 240gb | creative titanium hd | seasonic ss460fl | gh60 keyboard | logitech g700 | achieva shimian qh270
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jul 2012, 23:26   #3
mikeyandrewb
Multimodder

mikeyandrewb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mikeyandrewb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mikeyandrewb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mikeyandrewb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mikeyandrewb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mikeyandrewb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mikeyandrewb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mikeyandrewb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mikeyandrewb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mikeyandrewb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mikeyandrewb is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So, can this run Windows 8 RT or whatever it's going to be called? That could make it quite useful....
mikeyandrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2012, 01:52   #4
Adnoctum
Kill_All_Humans

Adnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for president
And be prepared to pay out your backside for the board. Kontron stuff is expensive if you aren't buying by the 100s/1000s and value adding by building a commercial product out of it.
Kontron boards aren't for enthusiasts, and are not DIY friendly. A Raspberry Pi alternative it isn't.
Old 17th Jul 2012, 07:32   #5
loftie
I *am* a Dremel

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
To my knowledge, you wont be able to buy Windows 8 RT
Old 17th Jul 2012, 08:32   #6
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyandrewb
So, can this run Windows 8 RT or whatever it's going to be called? That could make it quite useful....
For the love of god, no. It's been splashed everywhere that there will not be a retail release of WinRT. It's OEM-only, and will only run on certain ARM processors. Some secret sauce behind the scenes means it will only run on those processors blessed by MS, in OEM devices.

Sorry to be a bit of an ass about it, but it's been the same every single time another Pi-alike is announced - someone in the comments asking "will it run WinRT?" when one of the very first things announced about it was that there would be no retail release and it would only run on the devices allowed by MS. Sadly, think of it like iOS. Not to say you shouldn't set about fixing that so arbitrary ARM processors will run it, if you've got those sorts of skills (god knows I don't.) You'd make a whole lot of Windows fans happy (until MS sued you until you were dead, at least.)
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2012, 08:45   #7
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxtatic View Post
Sorry to be a bit of an ass about it, but it's been the same every single time another Pi-alike is announced - someone in the comments asking "will it run WinRT?" when one of the very first things announced about it was that there would be no retail release and it would only run on the devices allowed by MS.
It's the ARM-specific "but will it run Crysis?"
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jul 2012, 00:54   #8
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysol View Post
I wish one of these companies would be smart enough to put 6-8 sata ports on the board. These would be absolutely perfect for file servers, they are really missing a huge section of the market for these type of boards.
This. Fileserver is what I think of every time I see one of these little boards. You could have a full NAS box with GBe in the space and power consumption of a USB external drive.