bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 9th Aug 2012, 21:56   #21
phinix
Say it! Who's your dremel?!

phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.
Cheers guys! Glad you joined in

A small update today, I did a small "incision" - as I mentioned before top optical drive had to go, so I took my trusty cordless drill and get rid of that cage.

Here are those switches that are mounted to the cage. I had to drill those rivets to separate switches from the cage.

...and here is the cage

...unwanted element partialy separated... You can see the shadow of "the instrument" I used

...and patient after procedure, fully recovered

star citizen :::
ARBITER: Origin Jumpworks 325A LTI
phinix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Aug 2012, 22:05   #22
phinix

phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.
Now, I would like to present my first sponsor of this new project.

MAYHEMS kindly supported me with their products.

I received all their fantastic stuff:

2 bottles of their blue UV X1 coolant

2 bottles of UV Blue and UV Clear Dyes

...and this big guy - Mayhems MHE240 LE Quad pass double radiator

Again, thank you MAYHEMS!!!

Before I drilled out the drive cage I tried out this big fella inside the case.
Look how big it is!

All these will be cooling my hardware inside Aurora. I can't wait to pour in this coolant to the loop, but before this, there is a LOT of work in front of me

So stay tuned fellow modders

Last edited by phinix; 13th Aug 2012 at 20:59.
Old 13th Aug 2012, 20:58   #23
phinix

Guys, today I would like to present my second sponsor - COOLER MASTER!

Last weekend I received a nice big box with these items inside:

Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W modular PSU

and CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mechanical Keyboard!

I'm going to stick in this big PSU in the case and take advantage of its modular cables to mod them in project color scheme.

And this keyboard will nicely add a professional touch to the whole mod.
I started to plan how can I mod this keyboard.......

Thank you again Cooler Master!
Old 13th Aug 2012, 21:08   #24
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ooh, this is looking good! will follow!

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 05:06   #25
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I finally caught up with a new project from a favourite modder of mine almost from the beginning of the worklog! \o/

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 05:47   #26
Ruairi
What's a Dremel?

Ruairi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lookin' shweeeet, glad to see the start of this project, loved nano tower
Ruairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 19:45   #27
nagyizom
Supermodder

nagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sub'd and already love it!

Previous mods: |Sandcrawler Mod| |Illuminated Mind| |Graphite5|

Follow me on Facebook
nagyizom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 21:04   #28
Mr.Evil
Minimodder

Mr.Evil has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
subbed
Mr.Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 21:34   #29
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Oh man! This is going to be great! I can't wait for more and modding such a great keyboard will just be the icing on the cake!
KidMod-Southpaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2012, 09:21   #30
phinix

Cheers guys for all your comments!

I'm gathering all items and in the meanwhile designing panels in Sketchup.
Of course I won't keep the original front look - it will be covered with some nice blue acrylic design. I will show them up here when I feel comfortable with the design, right now I have 3 different looks and trying to put them all together It's just like, when you designing some element, you generate all different ideas, but you need to pick one for exact project. That is hard!
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 11:57   #31
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
Case mod by phinix?!.... It's time for the Noobs get schooled. I'll be sharing your project on my social media channels
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 12:42   #32
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Lovely little case, very interested to see what you can do with it!
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 15:23   #33
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for president
I was thinking of buying this case, so I will be watching with interest
Old 5th Sep 2012, 13:09   #34
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
I've been meaning to pick up an A04 as well.... will be watching this log closely
Old 5th Sep 2012, 13:33   #35
AbKaRy
What's a Dremel?

AbKaRy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
a new build by phinix ... a must 'sub' ... loved your nano tower build ... was absolutely stunning and one of the projects i joined bit-tech for .... mod on bro
AbKaRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2012, 20:34   #36
phinix

Thanks guys - now everybody is watching my log, hoping to see something cool - no pressure at all!

I'm working on first sketches, I will show them this weekend.
Also I'm waiting for few acrylic and aluminum bits to start building internal elements.

Question to all of you - I planned to use bare wires for cabling - white only.
Do you guys think I should sleeve them or keep it bare naked? I could mix white and blue wires - could be nice... What do you think?
Old 6th Sep 2012, 22:37   #37
whyte
Multimodder

whyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremelwhyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I absolutely loved the nano tower. I cannot wait to see what you do with this already lovely case!
Old 7th Sep 2012, 09:56   #38
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinix View Post
I planned to use bare wires for cabling - white only... What do you think?
well i never saw bare white wires - there always small letters on it: "do not eat" "aware of bears" or smth... i can't read it - bad eyes, but they always write smth on it
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2012, 11:19   #39
phinix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetalar View Post
well i never saw bare white wires - there always small letters on it: "do not eat" "aware of bears" or smth... i can't read it - bad eyes, but they always write smth on it
Sorry, I meant not-sleeved wires. I know they always have spec printed on them, which is cool I may try to get rid of that later
Old 7th Sep 2012, 13:38   #40
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinix View Post
Do you guys think I should sleeve them or keep it bare naked? I could mix white and blue wires - could be nice... What do you think?
Go with what feels right to you. It's what makes your work unique.

Tags
lian li case mod

View Mode