bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 7th Aug 2012, 17:59   #21
Mnemonicman
What's a Dremel?

Mnemonicman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That is a sweet build. Was looking to build something like that myself but took a dremel to a Cosmos 1000 instead.
Two questions though. What size tubing and fittings did you use? And how secure is the video card? Is the acrylic enough to keep the video card waterblock from touching the motherboard?

Great build and keep up the good work.
Mnemonicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2012, 19:13   #22
Knighthammer
Multimodder

Knighthammer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks really good. I LOVE this build.
Knighthammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2012, 10:41   #23
Redd13
Minimodder

Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
THanks Knighthammer!

Mnemonicman - i started off with an EK-kit H30 360 LT which comes with - TUBE Masterkleer 12,7/9,5 CLEAR and all the relevent fittings too... then i just needed two extra 1/4 pipe fittings for the Heatkiller fx560 block and some elbows to tidy the fit.

The Gpu holds quite nicely against the acrylic layer, with only a small amount of flex in the top one while the build was laying down. the waterbloock is very narrow and theres a gap of 10-20mm between it and the motherboard.
FOr a while i was reaching a finger in to hit the onboard start button!
Theres more than enough room between them to run the 12.7mm OD pipe up between and lay the excess flex cable from the riser card.
Hope this answers your questions!
Redd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2012, 16:52   #24
longyny
Multimodder

longyny has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks very nice!!!

I want to see it finished soon!

Congratulations buddy!
longyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2012, 23:35   #25
longyny
Multimodder

longyny has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Amazing work!

I'll stay here to see it finished
longyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Aug 2012, 00:33   #26
Mnemonicman
What's a Dremel?

Mnemonicman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Redd13 - Thanks for the response, and yes you did answer my questions. Again fantastic build.
Mnemonicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Aug 2012, 11:12   #27
Redd13
Minimodder

Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Small update.

THanks for all the comments.. loving the feedback!

have sorted two little brackets...

which just need to be attached by screw (for easy removal)

then its onto the outer cover! so close to completion i can taste it!
Old 13th Aug 2012, 09:43   #28
Redd13
Minimodder

Here they are in place... working like a treat!

Also got the patterns for the outside panels done over the weekend... Now just need to get them cut.
Old 13th Aug 2012, 09:55   #29
KryptiK
Minimodder

KryptiK has yet to learn the way of the DremelKryptiK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yay!
Laser cut acrylic cases

Cool slim layout. Reminds me of those mini nettops but a large more practical version.
KryptiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Aug 2012, 10:31   #30
Redd13
Minimodder

Thanks!

my final goal is to produce a slim case that can hold normal size computer parts....
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 09:56   #31
Redd13
Minimodder

Ok nearing completion, got the sides cut and heres shots of them taped on... just gotta clue it together and slide over the top.... then on to tidying and final testing!

(note the sides still have the protective backing on!
Also have to sort some LED lighting on the inside so it really glows through!
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 10:22   #32
Fuganater
Supermodder

Fuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run Crysis
Who did the laser cutting for you?
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 10:37   #33
Redd13
Minimodder

The company i work for deals closely with an Acrylic manufacture company called Acrylux...
They have a 1.5x2.5m laser cutting machine!

Like what you did with that 360!

Last edited by Redd13; 22nd Aug 2012 at 10:40. Reason: Additional
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 11:09   #34
Fuganater
Supermodder

Fuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd13 View Post
The company i work for deals closely with an Acrylic manufacture company called Acrylux...
They have a 1.5x2.5m laser cutting machine!

Like what you did with that 360!
Very cool. I need a midplate cut and need to find someone who has a big enough laser to do it for me. I found a company before but can't find it now...

And thanks. I like it lots.
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 11:26   #35
Redd13
Minimodder

Well if youmention how you heard of them im sure they can sort you out...
If you can draw the dxf too like i do then they 'll do you an even greater price
(www,acrylux.co.uk)

Be nice to see what else your gonna do!
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 11:20   #36
Redd13
Minimodder

Yay my led controller turned up early!

Its a nice little module that can run 5 meters and still be hidden away!
Old 31st Aug 2012, 17:44   #37
Redd13
Minimodder

Sorry for the delay folks, still working on the LED's but the cover is looking a bit tidier now...

Old 31st Aug 2012, 18:24   #38
Mechh69
I think we can make that fit

Mechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming SaiyanMechh69 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Very nice job it's amazing to see what can be stuffed in to a small area with the proper planning. I look forward to seeing it completed with the LEDs and all.

i7 920@3.8Ghz,EVGA E760 Classified, Corsair XMS3 X 6GB 1600, Kingston Hyper X 12GB 1600, 240GB OCZ Agility 4, MSI 660TI 3GB, BFG 260 GTX Core 216 for PHYSX, Thermaltake Armor+, BFG EX1200 PS, Scythe Mugen 2 Cpu cooler, Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ, Nvidia 3D Glasses
Mechh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2012, 04:01   #39
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Pretty cool. I'm fond of low profile rigs too, ...and plexiglas.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 09:47   #40
Redd13
Minimodder

Thanks Mechh69 and Cheapskate.

It#s quite a tight fit... and took alittle time to slide the cover over the top... Plastic pipes stck to acrylic!

Heres a couple more shots of it running and i'll sort some dark ones in the next few days!

View Mode