bit-tech.net

Old 7th Aug 2012, 09:01   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Inversion Review

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...rsion-review/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2012, 09:39   #2
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.
Half life 2 gravity gun anyone?

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2012, 09:45   #3
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Sounds thrilling.

Why do so many shooty-shooty games insist on third-person viewpoints? It works for close-combat and cover based mechanics, but apart from that it just instantly seems to make any game worse.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2012, 10:51   #4
tad2008
Supermodder

tad2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think this has to be the 2nd lowest scoring game you guys have ever scored, perhaps it's time you did an article on some of the worst games you ever reviewed, might help remind some of the devs/studios out there what to avoid, aside from being slated and torn to shreads in full view of the public.

Ya know, it's a shame you guys and the other good review sites out there don't create games for a living as I think you could create something truly awe inspiring!
tad2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2012, 11:16   #5
towelie
How do I Internet!!

towelie has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltowelie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I am Half way through this game and so far although it not been the best game i have ever played it's still better than some....Story interesting enough to not be two generic and the gameplay is a bit turret shootout but is still fun

That score really does not give this a real justice a 50% maybe there are certainly worst games out there.
Hard Drives:50GB SSD OCZ Sandforce driver/1TB WD Green 7200RPM
Case:NZXT 810 Switch Black
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2012, 11:18   #6
theshadow2001
I *am* a Dremel

theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.
The first paragraph was nicely scathing! Anyway, would it kill you guys to clearly say what style of game it is you are reviewing: First person shooter, third person shooter, platform, puzzle, etc. The style is inferred from the article and screen shots but it would be nice to see it defined with publisher, price, etc. at the start of the article
theshadow2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2012, 19:30   #7
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Good review Joe - I'll definitely be avoiding that one.

Speaking of things to avoid

"MUST predictable" -> "MOST predictable"
"GEAR of War" -> "GEARS of War"
"launch yourself from one to another using, or where you're ..." -> No idea
"you're FORCE to fight" -> "you're FORCED to fight"
"gravity tactics to DEFEATS" -> "gravity tactics to DEFEAT"

Sorry
XXAOSICXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2012, 14:44   #8
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
The Lutadore, that enemy race, made me think of los luchadores, which *immediately* made me think of Jack Black in Nacho Libre. The last remaining semblances of seriousness went away right then and there.

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2012, 21:33   #9
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Ahem...

UK Price (as reviewed): 22.99 Incl. VAT
UK Price (as reviewed): $39.99 Excl. Tax

US Price?
XXAOSICXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Aug 2012, 10:21   #10
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Shame that the game falls short, because it sounds an interesting concept.
Tattysnuc is offline   Reply With Quote