bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 9th Aug 2012, 12:27   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thecus N2800 Review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/sto...n2800-review/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Aug 2012, 16:14   #2
barrkel
Multimodder

barrkel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If you want more ports than power and ethernet on your NAS, IMO, you're doing something wrong. A box with a lot of disks and sufficient cooling to keep them from overheating won't be quiet enough to keep in your living room.

But then, I'm definitely not in the target market for these things. I think they're hugely underfeatured and overpriced.
barrkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2012, 18:03   #3
Toka
Fully Outer Joined

Toka has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Really really enjoying my nas + raspi combo, all controlled from iPhone or iPad from the comfort of the sofa. I did consider making a home server instead of the nas but I found the synology much easier to gain SWMBO approval. It just sits amongst the electonic gubbins near the tv, is on 24 7 and just kind of, well, works!

I would say though, get the synology if you will be sitting in the same room. A noisy nas in this case would make as much sense as a noisy DVD player
Old 13th Aug 2012, 21:07   #4
Floyd
Wire Twister

Floyd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Agreed. I love my Synology NAS! Super quiet and i havent had one issue other than a little slower speeds (30meg) From a 211j box!
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote