bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 14th Aug 2012, 14:10   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Will Half-Life 3 be shown at GamesCom 2012?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...amescom-2012/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 14:15   #2
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Noooo, got all excited in a dyslexic moment and put will too far into the sentence
Old 14th Aug 2012, 14:18   #3
Blazza181
SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.
HL3?

Blazza181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 14:19   #4
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Damn you misleading front page.. damn you to hell...
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 16:07   #5
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
You've just reminded me how many gamers will be weeping softly into their keyboards over this.

It's.. Kind of amusing.
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 16:31   #6
greypilgers
Supermodder

greypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysis
Am I the only person that thinks Half Life 3 can never be released now - as no matter what, it could never justify the years of build up?

Bungletron, I salute you!
greypilgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 16:37   #7
aramil
Keeping it Kerbal.....

aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.
You mean never live up to the expectation......

Sent on my CM10 JB powered i9100 by TapaTalk 2
System: Intel i5 3570K delidded CLU @ 4.6Ghz | Asus Stabertooth Z77 (2003) | Asus GTX560-TI Direct cuII | OCZ Agility 3 120Gb | Samsung 1Tb F2 | WD 500Gb | Corsair 750TX v2 | 8Gb (2x4) Corsair Vengence | Corsair K90 Keyboard | XSPC-Raystorm-750-RS2400 (2 X Akasa viper) | Casecom 5288 | Samsung LS24B300HL / LE46C750 | Windows 10 64bit | Audio: Linn Classik & Keilidh Speakers
aramil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 16:39   #8
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
HL2 managed it under even more extreme circumstances, HL3 is going to have to be epic though.
Old 14th Aug 2012, 16:49   #9
greypilgers
Supermodder

greypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysis
After all the - to be fair, mostly community-generated - hype, HL3 would literally need to make me sh*t my pants in order to not be seen as a teensy bit of a let down.

Bungletron, I salute you!
greypilgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 16:57   #10
fargo
Multimodder

fargo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think valve is taking its sweet a$$ time with halflife 3 because they know when it is released it will be a
whopper of a pay day for them so much antisipation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 17:05   #11
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo_mcg View Post
HL2 managed it under even more extreme circumstances, HL3 is going to have to be epic though.
Nope.
HL1 - 1998, HL2 - 2004, that is 6 years. HL2E1 - 2006, that is 2 years. HL2E2 - 2007, that is 1 year. HL2E3/HL3 - we are already at 2012, that is 5 years since HL2E2 and 8 years since HL2. And that is not counting HL1 stuff like Opposing Force and Blue Shift - with those released in 1999 and 2001, we are already at longest wait in a series by 2 years more than between HL:Blue Shift and HL2.
Old 14th Aug 2012, 17:06   #12
ripmax
Supermodder

ripmax can run Crysisripmax can run Crysisripmax can run Crysisripmax can run Crysisripmax can run Crysisripmax can run Crysisripmax can run Crysisripmax can run Crysisripmax can run Crysisripmax can run Crysisripmax can run Crysis
Valve have stated they are not going to be announcing any games, they will only be there to talk to other developers.
ripmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 17:37   #13
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was just at the RSS feed that came up on my pc

Capcom announce "Will Half-Life 3 be sh..." Is this a foreboding sign

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk

Last edited by Blademrk; 15th Aug 2012 at 14:09.
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 20:09   #14
Anakha
Supermodder

Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It's quite simple really. There will NEVER be a "Half-Life 3", because Valve doesn't know how to count that high. So the next game in the Half-Life series will (eventually) be: "Half-Life 2: Episode 2: Part 2".
Old 14th Aug 2012, 21:30   #15
Anfield
Hypermodder

Anfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming Saiyan
half life 3 will just be known as hat store 2.

Me: "No idea, but unofficial one here".
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2012, 19:27   #16
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
I just want them to dump the dreadful Source engine for something that is actually DX11 compatible.
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Aug 2012, 19:52   #17
Beasteh
Supermodder

Beasteh is definitely a rep cheat.Beasteh is definitely a rep cheat.Beasteh is definitely a rep cheat.Beasteh is definitely a rep cheat.Beasteh is definitely a rep cheat.Beasteh is definitely a rep cheat.Beasteh is definitely a rep cheat.Beasteh is definitely a rep cheat.Beasteh is definitely a rep cheat.Beasteh is definitely a rep cheat.Beasteh is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Will Half-Life 3 be shown at GamesCom 2012?
No. I'm not sure which will happen first - Half-Life 3 is released, or the heat death of the universe.
Beasteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 02:41   #18
AlexZieba
What's a Dremel?

AlexZieba has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I doubt it will be announced at this point. I actually think Valve's fears of Windows 8 and porting Steaming to Linux might have something to do with the delay.

http://youtu.be/RPFgSRs4LLM

Still they got Left 4 Dead 2 to run faster on Linux than on Windows so their gamble is not totally dead in the water. Although Linux would definitely need better drivers, and a replacement for DirectX
AlexZieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 11:10   #19
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
Nope.
HL1 - 1998, HL2 - 2004, that is 6 years. HL2E1 - 2006, that is 2 years. HL2E2 - 2007, that is 1 year. HL2E3/HL3 - we are already at 2012, that is 5 years since HL2E2 and 8 years since HL2. And that is not counting HL1 stuff like Opposing Force and Blue Shift - with those released in 1999 and 2001, we are already at longest wait in a series by 2 years more than between HL:Blue Shift and HL2.
True but HL2 was almost released then there was the leak etc... Time isn't the only factor. But I didn't realise I had been that long since Hl2Ep2. I never finished it didn't want to be left on a cliff hanger for years and years, looks like that has been vindicated.