bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 14th Oct 2012, 00:45   #81
Mechh69
I think we can make that fit

Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.
WOW

Very nice desk, I showed it to my wife and now thats what she wants for a desk now instead of selling one kidney for a desk I'm gonna need to find another body part to sell to get a 2nd one. My wallet cried when i seen the price but I bet it would be worth every penny. Do you give a military discount?

Subbed and 5 stars

i7 920@3.8Ghz,EVGA E760 Classified, Corsair XMS3 X 6GB 1600, Kingston Hyper X 12GB 1600, 240GB OCZ Agility 4, MSI 660TI 3GB, BFG 260 GTX Core 216 for PHYSX, Thermaltake Armor+, BFG EX1200 PS, Scythe Mugen 2 Cpu cooler, Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ, Nvidia 3D Glasses
Mechh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Oct 2012, 09:13   #82
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squigly View Post
now that is one MONSTER desk!!! just to much to comment on so im just gonna go twitch in a corner babble-ling nonsensically.. excellent work l3p.. just amazing!!
Thanks a lot Squigly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phame View Post
So nice man, love the way its coming out! - May have to steal the ram heatsink idea if you don't mind..
Thanks! No problem at all, would love to see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesingerz View Post
Love the looks on that coolant man, what products did you exactly use? And does it react to any UV?
I was tempted to come to Utrecht and see it for myself!
If I knew before .. Another guy from Brussel came there to see it
What I used to get the result per loop:
2.2L Mayhems Ultrapure
250ml Pastel red
250ml Aurora red
5ml Red Dye
(I don't recommend doing this as I didn't fully tested it yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
-Totally drooling over this.
You can paint the speakers, but on such a small set it might change the performance noticeably. Avoid painting the foam edges at all costs.
If you have an extra slot on the board you could use some memory sinks for PCIe covers too.
Thanks Cheapskate! Certainly won't paint the foam
No idea what you exactly mean with the heatsink Please tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeckulz View Post
****ing love it.
Im too drunk to say amny more
Lol thanks man, had fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechh69 View Post
WOW

Very nice desk, I showed it to my wife and now thats what she wants for a desk now instead of selling one kidney for a desk I'm gonna need to find another body part to sell to get a 2nd one. My wallet cried when i seen the price but I bet it would be worth every penny. Do you give a military discount?
Subbed and 5 stars
Thanks Mechh69!
I'm not really the guy who knows anything about discounts or prices but you can always ask Thomas
l3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Oct 2012, 10:18   #83
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
I some how forgot all about this build. What a beast, this is gng to look so dam cool when its finished, I would love to do some thing like this..

Top modding dude, can't wait to see it all finished and up and running.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Oct 2012, 11:58   #84
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks a lot bulldogjeff really appreciate it!

20 hours before I bring the desk to the event

Small reminder all photos are linked to bigger format photos

You can see on the face expression who's stressed
At the right the remains of the little 'incident'.

A filled pc with a length of 1.50m and 80kg that has to go downstairs almost vertically.

My wife taking pics and most of all ... paying attention I don't scratch the wall :P

The fun they had.....

Being relieved.

Temporary on a wooden box so I can do the last adjustments, cable management and installing OS+drivers+software etc.

The rubbertape I used for sound attenuation and protecting the glass panel.

Also filed the weld so the cover fits.

With glass panel.

This was a weird moment for me .....

"Desk ... I am your father"

Old 14th Oct 2012, 13:13   #85
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow.....

*only suggestion, removing the labels from the SSDs or making shrouds for them, so they look more uniform... Make sense Peter?
Old 14th Oct 2012, 14:14   #86
Bladesingerz
Supermodder

Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3p View Post
If I knew before .. Another guy from Brussel came there to see it
What I used to get the result per loop:
2.2L Mayhems Ultrapure
250ml Pastel red
250ml Aurora red
5ml Red Dye
(I don't recommend doing this as I didn't fully tested it yet)
Thanks for the specs, does it have any UV reactive properties? Really looking for a good UV red coolant and yours looks so good!
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Oct 2012, 16:53   #87
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
"Desk ... I am your father"
lolz!!!! from humble begging's to a fully fetched beast!!

An i gotta agree about making the SSD's more uniform... oh yea before I forget.. Peter your a nutter for building this thing and filling it upstairs when you still had to take it down a spiral staircase... madness!! but the madness we expect for the l3p
Old 15th Oct 2012, 13:40   #88
Mechh69

Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.Mechh69 is definitely a rep cheat.
+1 on the SSD. Modders look at the most minute detail, but yet they don't think about building a huge water cooled desk up stairs is going to be a PITA when you have to take it some where.

I noticed the star trolls are out again!!!

i7 920@3.8Ghz,EVGA E760 Classified, Corsair XMS3 X 6GB 1600, Kingston Hyper X 12GB 1600, 240GB OCZ Agility 4, MSI 660TI 3GB, BFG 260 GTX Core 216 for PHYSX, Thermaltake Armor+, BFG EX1200 PS, Scythe Mugen 2 Cpu cooler, Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ, Nvidia 3D Glasses
Old 16th Oct 2012, 13:20   #89
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Man that's amazing! Best of luck to you and your partners. I hope you sell lots.
Old 16th Oct 2012, 17:52   #90
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
Wow.....
*only suggestion, removing the labels from the SSDs or making shrouds for them, so they look more uniform... Make sense Peter?
Thanks Bill!
Certainly does make sense, however don't really have a cool idea yet.
Didn't want to do the window thing again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesingerz View Post
Thanks for the specs, does it have any UV reactive properties? Really looking for a good UV red coolant and yours looks so good!
I didn't add any UV active stuff in the coolant. Still it's a cool effect with the RGB leds changing from red to blue. Red hardware 'disappears' in blue light and vice versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squigly View Post
lolz!!!! from humble begging's to a fully fetched beast!!
An i gotta agree about making the SSD's more uniform... oh yea before I forget.. Peter your a nutter for building this thing and filling it upstairs when you still had to take it down a spiral staircase... madness!! but the madness we expect for the l3p
Before starting all this and the history with D3sk ... I just couldn't put my wife through that again
So I figured, if the Cross desk can get up ... it can get down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechh69 View Post
+1 on the SSD. Modders look at the most minute detail, but yet they don't think about building a huge water cooled desk up stairs is going to be a PITA when you have to take it some where.

I noticed the star trolls are out again!!!
Thanks Mechh69!
Well as above, don't want to have my modcave in the kitchen again as with D3sk and L4n, not even a week
I really wonder why it gets voted down..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
Man that's amazing! Best of luck to you and your partners. I hope you sell lots.
Thanks a lot Attila!
Well selling lots of them isn't my primary goal.
I just can't wait for the day I see the first buildlog popping up here with a modder .. modding our teams creation..
That's where I open up my champagne
Old 16th Oct 2012, 18:12   #91
Phame
Diamond Cooling

Phame should be considered for presidentPhame should be considered for presidentPhame should be considered for presidentPhame should be considered for presidentPhame should be considered for presidentPhame should be considered for presidentPhame should be considered for presidentPhame should be considered for presidentPhame should be considered for presidentPhame should be considered for presidentPhame should be considered for president
Looks out of this world man, so clean!

Also thanks for allowing me to steal your idea! Mine will be Orange though!

5 Stars!
Phame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2012, 18:56   #92
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2012, 19:47   #93
Meelobee
Supermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
+1 on the ssd and as always amazing stuff Peter! And I would have died from the stress carrying the desk down. Glad it all went ok
Meelobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2012, 21:33   #94
mayhem
Owner of Mayhems

mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.mayhem is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
well done peter . Its a beast that is for sure. You have done use proud .

Accept No Imitations, Get Mayhem's
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2012, 22:16   #95
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
Oh and l3p, you can paint the speaker cones with a Sharpie or paint pen. That wont get them wet enough to ruin them, or just replace the drivers with black ones

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2012, 20:28   #96
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phame View Post
Looks out of this world man, so clean!
Also thanks for allowing me to steal your idea! Mine will be Orange though!
5 Stars!
Thanks a lot Phame!
No problem at all if I was able to inspire, I feel honored
Be sure to give me the link when you start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball Zen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
+1 on the ssd and as always amazing stuff Peter! And I would have died from the stress carrying the desk down. Glad it all went ok
Thanks Meelobee!
And imagine the other guys having fun of me cause I was stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
well done peter . Its a beast that is for sure. You have done use proud .
Thanks and no problem mayhem!
I didn't have any problems at all even till now with the aurora, working perfect even though I got warned with such a long loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball Zen View Post
Oh and l3p, you can paint the speaker cones with a Sharpie or paint pen. That wont get them wet enough to ruin them, or just replace the drivers with black ones
Thanks for the tip Furball Zen! Will look into it
Old 20th Oct 2012, 20:29   #97
l3p
www.^.nl

Firstlook 2012!

It took me 2 weeks to prepare everything for just a 2 day event including taking 3 days off from work ....
Well in my opinion it was completely worth it!

Ready to go! The Friday night before the event.

Inspecting the booth.. oops .. I didn't expect the front side wouldn't be able to show.
Too bad .. too late to change, this way they can't touch any of the buttons.

The first "wtf's" from the ASUS crew

Last minute adjustments so the glass panel will be flush.

Really cool experience, the constructing of an event, 1 big pile of ants

Checking if everything still works.

All just fine

Also finding a spot for something from a previous project. On top was no option cause of bending the glass shelf

This is how I had to leave it behind.

Believe me, this was pretty scary..

Till tomorrow morning!

Quickly getting everything running 15 minutes before the doors open up.

The relaxed overclockers 'Old Scarface' en 'Leeghoofd' also at the booth.

Here some shots of the event itself, made by my brother in law, still nice and empty

Everyone getting instructions

Doors are open and first people get in.
ASUS booth still pretty quiet.

Our little corner

Fun to see from that close.

Honored this could also be at the booth.

And some shots of the built-in desk now that it's still quiet.

First thing they run off to .. Black Ops II stand ... yup .. 100% gamer event

Really enjoyed the OC sessions!

Cards were gone within half an hour :/

For who wants to see more boothbabes .. check here

Ok .. here it was too crowded for me

Highres picture of all the interest for the desk.

Playing with Nitrogen

Here a small video of the desk 5 minutes before closing time.

The result .... I hate fingerprints :P

Astonished how the got the stand 'hardware-less' within 10 minutes.

And back home.

ASUS Benelux, a huge thanks for this opportunity, it really was a great experience!

For now a small break, need to save up some money and and saw in some stuff in the desk
Old 20th Oct 2012, 22:16   #98
Mechh69

Wow congratz on have the place of honor at the booth and having that beautiful custom card in the case as well! I bet you got a lot of "WOW where can i get one of those" and How much for the desk?" It is one beautiful piece of gear.

Old 20th Oct 2012, 22:28   #99
l3p
www.^.nl

To be honest ... it was a gamer event and the sentence I heard most was ... "What the F..!?"
Thanks man!
Old 21st Oct 2012, 09:08   #100
xXSebaSXx
Supermodder

xXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run CrysisxXSebaSXx can run Crysis
Quote:
To be honest ... it was a gamer event and the sentence I heard most was ... "What the F..!?"
Thanks man!

To be honest.... I just let out a rather loud "WTF" followed by "I want one of those!" when I saw this picture:

Considering that it is 4AM here... I really hope the neighbors did no hear my screaming... They might think I was getting abused somehow.
xXSebaSXx is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode