bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th Aug 2012, 08:28   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB With Boost review

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...b-with-boost/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2012, 10:22   #2
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
There's sure to be an updtae that allows existing users to upgrade thier cards to boost editions for free too, so long as you don't mind voiding your warranty. Do wonder why this card wasn't just launched at these clocks though. Would be have been much more competitive and Nvidia wouldn't have looked anywhere near as good at 680 and 670 launch.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2012, 10:29   #3
Zinfandel
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Zinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
DO WANT (a 660ti review).
Old 16th Aug 2012, 11:11   #4
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.
Antony Leather, you evil-minded barstool!

You know everyone is waiting for a 660ti review and you throw up a graphics card review to get everyone jumping. You have a nasty streak, young man!

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2012, 11:14   #5
Zinfandel
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Zinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post

You know everyone is waiting for a 660ti review and you throw up a graphics card review to get everyone jumping. You have a nasty streak, young man!
To be fair I'd have thought it'd be ATI trying to take some attention away from the 660 as opposed to AL being an evil git .
Old 16th Aug 2012, 11:48   #6
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinfandel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post

To be fair I'd have thought it'd be ATI trying to take some attention away from the 660 as opposed to AL being an evil git .
What a mean thing to say. Certainly not the case. At all. No sir. Just a scheduled product re-fresh. oh yes.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2012, 11:48   #7
Adnoctum
Kill_All_Humans

Adnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for president
I don't know why you are "Umm-ing" about the price. From what I understand, there is no price premium over the previous reference HD7950 models. It will cost no more. Other sites are saying that this reference model will REPLACE the previous one, not supplement it.

Custom cards will need to be certified by the manufacturers though, so they may choose to not use the new BIOS on their cards.
Old 16th Aug 2012, 12:07   #8
Crunch77
Modder

Crunch77 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice review.

Slightly OT. Shame there is no power consumption and heat graphs for the Radeon HD 7850, despite the remark about no reference card.
Crunch77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2012, 16:30   #9
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch77
Nice review.

Slightly OT. Shame there is no power consumption and heat graphs for the Radeon HD 7850, despite the remark about no reference card.
Surely something like this is pretty much reference
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-x...-dvi-i-hdmi-2x

Since the 7850 does seem to be the only new gen mid range card out there (so far), it would be nice to see it in the tables.
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote