bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Aug 2012, 00:29   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hitman: Absolution changed after backlash

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ter-backlash/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 00:48   #2
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
I found that trailer hilarious. Made my night Joe, really did.
Uni Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 01:45   #3
theshadow2001
Mod Master

theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD-fPb87mVA
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 09:19   #4
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lets be honest, the gamers that this game is aimed at most likely had no issues with the trailer at all. we all probably took it for what it is, and thats a game trailer.

The "backlash" was most likley from those sad little people that have nothing better to do than to write to places like BBC to make complaints about the smallest things. Obviously the majority of people realise that nuns do not go round hiding assault rifles under their clothes bumping off people for the church.
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 09:43   #5
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I will leave this here.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ays-of-nothing
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 09:52   #6
Jezcentral
Multimodder

Jezcentral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I didn't mind the trailer, either. It was the first one that had the tone of a Hitman trailer (i.e. Not sneaking around a library). Although making their nun uniforms wearable would have helped even more.

I'm not sure how they adding context to the game would have helped the trailer's reception, though.
Jezcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 09:57   #7
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming SaiyanThe_Crapman is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftCarl
Lets be honest, the gamers that this game is aimed at most likely had no issues with the trailer at all. we all probably took it for what it is, and thats a game trailer.

The "backlash" was most likley from those sad little people that have nothing better to do than to write to places like BBC to make complaints about the smallest things. Obviously the majority of people realise that nuns do not go round hiding assault rifles under their clothes bumping off people for the church.
This.
It's the "oh my god there's something i find really offensive in a game i've never and will never play" reaction. There's a very simple solution, don't play it and don't watch trailers for it.

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 09:59   #8
Anfield
Hypermodder

Anfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hitman games always had some connection to religion in thr plot, just saying.

Anyway, what worries me more is that the trailer shows 47 confronting them out in the open, I don't want it to become just another run and gun shooter...

Me: "No idea, but unofficial one here".
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 10:00   #9
SighMoan
Modder

SighMoan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"We learned from the trailer that we really needed to give these characters some context and some backstory,"

I very much doubt the backlash was about context to be honest...
SighMoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 10:06   #10
phinix
Say it! Who's your dremel?!

phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.
Trailer was great, I loved it, it is a game for crying out loud, no reason for moaning... stupid people...
star citizen :::
ARBITER: Origin Jumpworks 325A LTI
phinix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 10:35   #11
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I have to wonder how they're going to try t put the nuns in context, its just a publicity stunt gone a bit OTT.
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 11:56   #12
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
To be honest, I love controversy, but this was just a cheap shot to gain some press attention from immature devs.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 12:18   #13
theshadow2001
Mod Master

theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.
Also, no one has the right to not be offended. If it offends someone, big whoop.

Edit: except in Russia

Last edited by theshadow2001; 17th Aug 2012 at 17:57.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 12:28   #14
derviansoul
Minimodder

derviansoul has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Rude_Baboon View Post
I have stopped playing games a long time ago (either because every year is more of the same, or because i just got bored of it i really dont know. I do try to go back to it every year but i never play them for longer that a couple of days).

Maybe i am part of the ignorant group that the journalist in the article above mentions, but i really don't see what is the big deal, in the big picture of things that we have surrounding our lifes. Sexism is constant on our everyday life's, i dont hear anyone moaning about Keith Lemon and his stupid sexist jokes (and he seems to get more and more audience), or lynx with their constant use of sexism in their commercials (coz i dont think anyone carries on like they have alzheimer or spasms i their bottom part of their just because they sweat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9d46SKvJTg), not to mention all the other perfumes (which like to show ladies with eating problems half naked), or bloody confused.com with their bikinis in their cartoons, or the big lady shoving coins between her breasts, or even all the manga cartoons, with the characters with massive breast and skimpy outfits and the list goes on and on.

With the constant sexism involved on most aspects of everything to do with media, it makes me wonder if users and journalists should be concerned with a game having some nuns on leather outfits or with the fact that games become more realistic by the year, ( showing new ways to kill how the weapons interact with human bodies with excellent physics simulation on what places of the body actually kill on a first blow, etc.).

So I wonder if having big tits leather tight outfits on nuns is really the problem here, if there is some people with far too much time on their hands, or maybe if we have to moan about this maybe we should moan loud enough about everything else that is sexist in the media and games industry...
derviansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 15:48   #15
Prowler_88
Minimodder

Prowler_88 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Prowler_88 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Prowler_88 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Prowler_88 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Prowler_88 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Prowler_88 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Prowler_88 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Prowler_88 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Prowler_88 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Prowler_88 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Prowler_88 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
As a Christian, I'll put in my tuppence...

I'm now looking forward to the game; that trailer is hilarious. People seriously need to chill, and why do they always direct their vitriol towards games when there's so much else they could be going on about...to paraphrase Carmine Falcone: 'People always fear what they don't understand'
Prowler_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 16:22   #16
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
Nuns in PVC with guns sounds much more effective and a contribution to society than what they do now.
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 18:43   #17
Jim
Ineptimodder

Jim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for presidentJim should be considered for president
Nonsense. They knew all along it was going to create a massive ruckus. Visibility of new game increased tenfold - mission successful.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 22:06   #18
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I don't see what the big deal with the trailer was. Religion played a big part in hitman 2 from what I remember. Your safe house that housed all your guns was about 10 feet from a church with plenty of "innocents" around. The trailer for the new game conveyed to me that the organization that hitman once worked for is now out to get him and he must seek absolution! I guess to someone who hasn't played the games it might seem sorta out of place and I think the action should have been more stealthy than just "im jason bourne now so I can beat up a group of enemies all at once" but overall the trailer was well done. A shame when things just aren't seen with the right mindset.
I5-750 @ 4GHz - MSI P55-GD65 - 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 - EVGA GTX 680 2GB - 1 Western Digital Black 1TB - 2 Western Digital Green 2TB - 700W Silverstone PSU - H50 Water Cooling Unit - Win7 64-Bit - Logitech G400 - Cooler Master QuickFire Pro MX Brown - Steelseries Icemat V2 - Blue Microphone Snowball - Logitech C920 Webcam
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 00:31   #19
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I found the trailer very highly arousing.
Old 18th Aug 2012, 00:38   #20
Blazza181
SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk View Post
I found the trailer very highly arousing.
Your recent posts have been worrying, Kenco.

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk
Blazza181 is offline   Reply With Quote