bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Aug 2012, 09:37   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Arma 3 preview

Joe reports back his first impressions of Arma 3 from GamesCom 2012.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...ma-3-preview/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 10:08   #2
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Are they gameplay screenshots? If so, WOW!
Old 17th Aug 2012, 10:12   #3
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Not sure the scuba diving really fits in with the ARMA ethos but we'll have to see; I can see it either working well or being a disaster, but Bohemia are quite good at making things work well.
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 10:34   #4
Tynecider
Since ZX81

Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tynecider is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
On my wishlist
“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.” - Frank Zappa
Tynecider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 10:55   #5
ya93sin
Minimodder

ya93sin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I never got a chance to pick up Arma II, but I really don't think I can avoid picking this game up.
ya93sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 11:21   #6
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks awesome!
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 11:31   #7
Necrow
Multimodder

Necrow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Arma II is no doubt the best mili-sim out there. I have spent a lot of enjoyable hours on it, and learning how to fly the various vehicles in the game. I am looking forward to playing Arma III as I'm bored now with the Battlefield 3 experience although a totally different type of game. Day Z is the best mod out for Arma II and is worth a bigger review imo.
Necrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 11:36   #8
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Got such a massive boner for this game.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 11:51   #9
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
EPIC. Dayz first though please :P
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 12:06   #10
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Is it just me, but is anyone else not overly impressed by their 'photorealistic' graphics? They kinda look dated to me.
Old 17th Aug 2012, 12:11   #11
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Was gonna get ARMA 2. Then I played the demo. terrible animation, team mates sound like an answering machine.

Unless these things drastically improve, im not touching this with a barge pole!
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 12:13   #12
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draksis View Post
Was gonna get ARMA 2. Then I played the demo. terrible animation, team mates sound like an answering machine.

Unless these things drastically improve, im not touching this with a barge pole!
If you are playing Arma for the graphics and voice acting then you have no idea what Arma is for...
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 12:26   #13
Dwarfer
Banned

Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Dwarfer is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
One sentence - Platform: PC Exclusive WIN
Dwarfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 12:46   #14
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draksis View Post

If you are playing Arma for the graphics and voice acting then you have no idea what Arma is for...
My thoughts exactly. It's like rejecting an F1 car as being a terrible automobile because it doesn't have a passenger seat.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 13:07   #15
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul View Post
My thoughts exactly. It's like rejecting an F1 car as being a terrible automobile because it doesn't have a passenger seat.
Well yes - this I understand, and you would have a point, but I'm not looking for these things to be in the game or else I won't play it. I'm just saying these points (among others) had such a negative impact on me that I couldn't justify paying for a game that I had did not enjoy at all.

I wasn't knocking the game - just stating my personal impressions of it, that's all

Last edited by Draksis; 17th Aug 2012 at 13:13.
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 13:20   #16
richiehatchet
What's a Dremel?

richiehatchet has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draksis

My feelings exactly....and the performance optimisation sucks too....2500k @ 4.4 /Gtx 580 and it runs like crap. Rig eats everything else for brekkie :-)I
richiehatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 13:49   #17
V3ctor
Tech addict...

V3ctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
DayZ 2...
Intel Core i7 4770K@4.5Ghz / ASUS Sabertooth Z87 / 2x4Gb Gskill Trident X 2400Mhz / 2x ASUS Matrix Platinum 7970 3Gb / Samsung T260 / 2x Corsair Force GT 240Gb raid0/ Corsair HX-850W/ Silverstone FT02R-Wi
V3ctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 13:52   #18
Phil Rhodes
Hypernobber

Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Phil Rhodes is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I bought Arma 2 with high (possibly too high) expectations, and gave up on it very quickly.

It relies very heavily on very good team play, with sane and sensible people who understand how to make and follow plans.

This does not describe the majority of people you'll find playing video games, and thus for me the experience was ruined.
Phil Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 15:52   #19
paisa666
I WILL END YOU!!!

paisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysispaisa666 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draksis
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul View Post
Well yes - this I understand, and you would have a point, but I'm not looking for these things to be in the game or else I won't play it. I'm just saying these points (among others) had such a negative impact on me that I couldn't justify paying for a game that I had did not enjoy at all.

I wasn't knocking the game - just stating my personal impressions of it, that's all

those are not negative points, those are no points, play it online, the come back and tell us again
Old 17th Aug 2012, 16:26   #20
Star*Dagger
Pan-Galactic Revolutionary

Star*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for presidentStar*Dagger should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Rhodes
I bought Arma 2 with high (possibly too high) expectations, and gave up on it very quickly.

It relies very heavily on very good team play, with sane and sensible people who understand how to make and follow plans.

This does not describe the majority of people you'll find playing video games, and thus for me the experience was ruined.
This is not a video game, it is a sim.

S*D
Star*Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote