bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Aug 2012, 11:18   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Fujitsu recycles CDs and DVDs into laptops

Well, *parts* of laptops, anyway. The plastic ones, to be precise.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...-dvd-recycle/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 11:49   #2
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice idea, but what happens to the metal layer and the dye layers in R/RW discs?
Old 17th Aug 2012, 14:54   #3
Blarte
Moderate Modder

Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Blarte - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
been recycling dvd's for years .. make ace drinks coasters ..
Old 17th Aug 2012, 16:40   #4
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibblebot
Nice idea, but what happens to the metal layer and the dye layers in R/RW discs?
probably same thing that happens with any other recycling plant. i'm sure they'll just melt it down and whatever solids are left behind are either thrown away or used for another recycling process.
Old 17th Aug 2012, 20:22   #5
digitaldunc
I'm d-d-d-d-digital

digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I wonder if the laptops will be certified AOL disc free?

Event-horizon: i7 2600K @ 4.5 @ ~1.3v | 16Gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1866 9-10-9-24-2T | 2 x 580 1.5Gb (SLI) 772/1002 | Asus P8P67 Deluxe | Crucial M4 256Gb | Spinpoint F3 1TB | Corsair HX1000 | ZM-MFC1 Fan controller | XSPC Dual res | 2 x DDC 18W | Black ice stealth 360 | ThermoChill PA120.4 | EK Supreme HF Nickel | 2 x EK 580 Plexi | 7 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM | Modded TJ07
digitaldunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 20:32   #6
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldunc View Post

Make a laptop entirely of those. There's far too many of those discs still. Waste of space they were.
Old 18th Aug 2012, 10:46   #7
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton
Quote:

Make a laptop entirely of those. There's far too many of those discs still. Waste of space they were.
While I still have a copy of DOS 6 on floppies floating around the house, I believe I have finally purged all the AOL discs (floppies and optical.)

I like this - too bad it's only in Japan. It'll be nice if they're serious about it, and this isn't some greenwashing BS.
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2012, 20:17   #8
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elton
Quote:

My local walmart still has the discs free to give out.. and that other one netzero i think it is.
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cd, digital download, dvd, fujitsu, recycling