bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Aug 2012, 10:47   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Kingston outs HyperX Predator memory range

New! Fast! Shiny! Flamin' tall!
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...erx-predator/1
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 11:31   #2
do_it_anyway
Supermodder

do_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldo_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Really? Is heat really the cause of failed memory overclocks?
Do we need such tall heatsinks??

I suppose the one saving grace is that the kind of people who want this level of cooling are probably using watercooling, cos there is no way those DIMMs are fitting under any decent air coolers.
do_it_anyway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 12:43   #3
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Actually I think this wins the OTT heatsink award from kingston
http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/hyperx/h2o

That would look so cool
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2012, 14:02   #4
Anfield
Supermodder

Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Anfield - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Considering just how close memory slots usually are to the cpu socket these days I don't see much point of a market for memory with such tall heatsinks as they can pretty much only be sold to people who use wtercooling on the cpu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by do_it_anyway View Post
Really? Is heat really the cause of failed memory overclocks?
Do we need such tall heatsinks??
Nope, technically there is no need for it provided decent ics and binning procedures are used as the imc will limit the memory oc, not the memory itself, however DDR3 prices are extremely low, so manufacturers have to do something to make their products stand out from the masses in order to be able to make a profit.
Anfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 17:23   #5
Jqim
Modder

Jqim has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
tall memory clashes with cpu coolers, me no like
Jqim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 18:15   #6
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdbh96 View Post
Actually I think this wins the OTT heatsink award from kingston
http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/hyperx/h2o

That would look so cool
Actually : http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/hyperx/blu/red . On the page they call it "HyperX red", but take a look at the URL or product list. OTT naming
Old 20th Aug 2012, 18:53   #7
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
Actually : http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/hyperx/blu/red . On the page they call it "HyperX red", but take a look at the URL or product list. OTT naming
Thats just plain stupid
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2012, 11:29   #8
Roskoken
Multimodder

Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Roskoken is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Think ill just be buying some memory off crucial for about twenty quid thanks.
Roskoken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ddr3, heatspreader, hyperx, hyperx predator, kingston, ram, ramsink