bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Aug 2012, 23:39   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Steam Big Picture mode beta starts next month

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...rts-next-mon/1
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 00:27   #2
theshadow2001
I *am* a Dremel

theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I would happily wager that they will end up doing one of those game streaming services right into the living room
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 00:38   #3
billyonenut
What's a Dremel?

billyonenut has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i agree with theshaddow. Being able to stream a game to another tv in your house would be very cool. the rest sounds like windows media centre
billyonenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 09:32   #4
Blazza181
SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.
Yep, since OnLive is dying, this could be their BIG opportunity.

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk
Blazza181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 21:33   #5
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001
I would happily wager that they will end up doing one of those game streaming services right into the living room
Yeah, because running on those high-spec power hungry servers sitting on fat pipes works so well for onlive. It's not like they've had to restructure into a new company and drop 80% of their team.

Oh wait...
Guinevere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 22:27   #6
theshadow2001
I *am* a Dremel

theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.theshadow2001 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
Yeah, because running on those high-spec power hungry servers sitting on fat pipes works so well for onlive. It's not like they've had to restructure into a new company and drop 80% of their team.

Oh wait...
Wow the sarcasm nearly exploded my computer.

It's possible for companies to take existing unsuccessful ideas, manipulate them, change the approach, the marketing etc. and make it into a success. Just because one companies stab at something doesn't work, doesn't mean others won't take a shot if they think they have a more successful approach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Tablet_PC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipad

Last edited by theshadow2001; 18th Aug 2012 at 22:33.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2012, 00:19   #7
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post

Oh wait...
Onlive did have to start from nothing, whereas Steam has millions of users that usually try everything valve produces .
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2012, 01:12   #8
DoctorBeat
Minimodder

DoctorBeat has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
if they could stream from my pc to my tv on the living room, that would be something.
think about it, a steam client runing on a netbook or a lower spec laptop, and my pc streaming the content, using wifi or ethernet
now thats something really interesting
DoctorBeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2012, 01:18   #9
Carl Marten
Forget Dremels, buy angle grinders.

Carl Marten has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The big difference between OnLive and Steam is that steam users do not need the fat pipe. We already have PCs that are capable of running the games, it is simply high sped local network infrastructure that will be required.

If a console port can have the screen remapped to the TV for a social gaming session that is a big plus in my book (especially if free).
Carl Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2012, 18:07   #10
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Gabe says 'this is another interesting but not valuable contribution'

I agree.
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Aug 2012, 19:04   #11
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
why does it have to be games
Valve, please move into the tv show and movie market. and get steam installed onto TV's or on virgin media.
I already like playing youtube videos via my paired smartphone to virgin media.
If you could turn my phone into a controller, and then let me play the casual games from steam on my TV, that would be brill
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 09:36   #12
defined
Botch-Job

defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.defined is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
looking forward to this, always wondered why it didnt exist before,
defined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 14:44   #13
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So does this mean I can connect a USB hub to my tv and connect mouse and keyboard and it will work?
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 18:55   #14
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [USRF]Obiwan View Post
So does this mean I can connect a USB hub to my tv and connect mouse and keyboard and it will work?
You could always use Steam on a TV, this just means it will be easier to see/navigate from a distance.
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote