bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 28th Aug 2012, 14:04   #21
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
I Forgot the doors open inward. That explains all the extra space.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2012, 14:44   #22
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Pfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run Crysis
On to building the doors...

You can never have enough clamps.

Here they are all assembled and drying.

Pfaffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2012, 16:06   #23
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfaffen View Post
You can never have enough clamps.
Of course... I like to add one or two every time I make a purchase over like $50 at the local big box... You always need one more clamp than you have...

Looking good so far
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2012, 16:15   #24
Toxicgrx
What's a Dremel?

Toxicgrx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Im a fan of Doctor who and i like this mod special in construction progres details.

I, my brother and his son, makes a Tardis Case mod with Antec Lanboy Air.

our project is 30 hours of work and 10 its made with recycling materials.

I'd like to see your progress
Toxicgrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2012, 11:37   #25
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Pfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run CrysisPfaffen can run Crysis
Nice job!
Old 1st Sep 2012, 11:39   #26
Pfaffen
Supermodder

After looking at the doors, there was a gap between the rails. So I had to make new ones.

this is what they turned out to be.

Old 1st Sep 2012, 20:13   #27
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
oooh, nice woodworking! =)

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 13:45   #28
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Time to dry fit.

Here is the front door.

Old 2nd Sep 2012, 14:27   #29
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
In all honesty, it's not my style.

But with that been said, I can't help but admire the work and the craftmanship that went into this!
Make no mistake, I think it's awesome!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 14:54   #30
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Thats really awesome, I love the idea and the execution!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 22:27   #31
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
Thats really awesome, I love the idea and the execution!
Thanks!

Having fun building it.
Old 4th Sep 2012, 11:06   #32
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Now we have all four pairs of doors standing.

Old 5th Sep 2012, 18:11   #33
Owndapwn
Modder

Owndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run Crysis
How are you doing the ventilation?
I don't see any fan mountings.
Owndapwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2012, 13:52   #34
Toxicgrx
What's a Dremel?

Toxicgrx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
In my design i made a ventilation through bottom of case.
Toxicgrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2012, 14:27   #35
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
make sure to fit at least 10x quad 140mm rad : "It's bigger on the inside !" . Nice job mate

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2012, 19:42   #36
Owndapwn
Modder

Owndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicgrx View Post
In my design i made a ventilation through bottom of case.
I assume it exhausts out the top then?
Heat rises.
Fluid convection is very important to remember.
Owndapwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2012, 20:16   #37
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Yes, I planned on venting out the bottom. I also planned on raising the base up .75inch and give the illusion of floating.

The fan will be mounted in the top, under the light.
Old 8th Sep 2012, 14:51   #38
Hazmat
What's a Dremel?

Hazmat has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very Nice

Looks awesome! Have you tested any paint yet? Are you going to give it the distressed look?
Hazmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Sep 2012, 17:23   #39
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Mounting the Police Call Box boards. Needed to ensure they were parallel and square. So I cut two templates, put one at the base and you can see the other suspended below the blue tape.

Old 8th Sep 2012, 17:24   #40
Pfaffen
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazmat View Post
Looks awesome! Have you tested any paint yet? Are you going to give it the distressed look?
Thanks!

Haven't tested any paint yet, and am I looking for the distressed TARDIS look.

View Mode