bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 27th Nov 2012, 21:34   #81
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gnu View Post
Just incase you will need to try with something softer sometime. I would give this a try, or something similar. That stuff sticks to about anything once dried and is literaly impossible to get away once cured, sticks like crazy to metall, atleast from my experience. And it might just give it that extra flex. But lets just hope it isn't needed at all.
Yeah, letīs hope so But thanks for the silicone tip Gnu! Going to look into that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
ehm, i think i just missed a whole page with my last comment... >.< i commented the vga cable even tho you had made 2 updates after it! =P but as said VERY nice soldering and cool magnetics love it!

btw, where did you find the solderable usb females? i've searched for those...
Thanks Kelmannen, much appreciated! The usb females can be found at Kjell&Co...

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2012, 15:34   #82
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
REDELUX is completed!!! ... or almost. Iīve had a bit of a setback with the joysticks. The xbox wireless receiver is not working as expected. So Iīm going to try some other wireless controller options. In other words, thereīs going to be a bit of delay...

In the meantime, watch this short video of the docking system. Enjoy!! (Sorry about the quality btw...)

And some photos of that beautiful Tigers Eye Ball!!!

Last edited by quizz_kid; 30th Nov 2012 at 15:44.
Old 30th Nov 2012, 16:09   #83
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quite impressive man, the alignment looks perfect.
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2012, 22:23   #84
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Love it.
Looks like magic. To bad about the receiver though but im shure you'll sort it out

Project: ProtoHype (paused)
Project: GET A LIFE (Complete)
Project: Widescreen Projector(Complete)
Guide: How to brush Aluminum
The_Gnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 09:44   #85
C4B12
Minimalistic PC's

C4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youC4B12 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I dont understand how you can make such sweet looking stuff!

Check out my website Minimalistic PC where you can find different modding projects, reviews and contests!
C4B12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 21:59   #86
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfootsideburns View Post
Quite impressive man, the alignment looks perfect.
Thanks man. And I am very happy with the alignment =)

Quote:
Love it.
Looks like magic. To bad about the receiver though but im shure you'll sort it out
Itīs not magic, itīs magnic! Yeah, I hope I will sort it somehow. I just ordered two different logitech pc controllers that Iīm going to try out. Btw, how did that ps3 controller work out for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4B12 View Post
I dont understand how you can make such sweet looking stuff!
Thank you friend!

Old 2nd Dec 2012, 02:28   #87
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
I wasn't all that sure what you was doing when fixing wires to the magnets that is some freakishly good thinking mate aka genius, wow modular controllers, crazy good stuff, looks gorgeous too.

Love how it just breaks in half & just slide the alternative one on, brilliant.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2012, 21:30   #88
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
I wasn't all that sure what you was doing when fixing wires to the magnets that is some freakishly good thinking mate aka genius, wow modular controllers, crazy good stuff, looks gorgeous too.

Love how it just breaks in half & just slide the alternative one on, brilliant.
Thanx Waynio, appreciate it! Yeah, those magnets turned out better than ever.

Old 6th Dec 2012, 20:42   #89
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
DAMN! O_o

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2012, 00:49   #90
dotdrew
Minimodder

dotdrew has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Jesus, that tiger's eye trackballs looks sweet. Very classy. Can't wait to see the finished product.
dotdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2012, 08:37   #91
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
DAMN! O_o
Nutty nutty, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotdrew View Post
Jesus, that tiger's eye trackballs looks sweet. Very classy. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Thank you Dotdrew!

Old 11th Dec 2012, 16:21   #92
quizz_kid
Squid

Check this out guys... This is quality from abroad!

Received this in the mail today, a budget wireless pc controller, from China. And I thought "Aqua Flash" was nothing more than a really really cool product name. But behold...

Itīs actually LIQUID(!) inside the controller I suppose thatīs supposed to be for decoration or something(?)

But if youīre putting liquid in a device filled with electronics, you are suppose to make it leakproof. Well these guys did NOT!! Thereīs actually liquid all over the PCB!

Best thing about the product... is this text!!!

This one really made my day! ... Gonna test it tonight though =)

Old 11th Dec 2012, 18:32   #93
sixfootsideburns
modeteer

sixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsixfootsideburns has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Chances it will still fully function as long as you let it 100% dry before you provide power to the controller.

Though that is pretty funny
sixfootsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 06:41   #94
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Funny find.

Hope it works still though.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2012, 21:19   #95
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Hahaha wow
A gamepad already stained and filled with soda, why didn't anyone think of that before. Im shure it will be the new big thing, just like factory faded jeans

Project: ProtoHype (paused)
Project: GET A LIFE (Complete)
Project: Widescreen Projector(Complete)
Guide: How to brush Aluminum
The_Gnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 08:07   #96
crudbreeder
Minimodder

crudbreeder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Now you only have to find a way to incorporate the "blue water gel" into your design
crudbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2013, 12:52   #97
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfootsideburns View Post
Chances it will still fully function as long as you let it 100% dry before you provide power to the controller.

Though that is pretty funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Funny find.

Hope it works still though.
I never got it working Blue gel is bad for you!!

Quote:
Hahaha wow
A gamepad already stained and filled with soda, why didn't anyone think of that before. Im shure it will be the new big thing, just like factory faded jeans
Yeah, those big brains... Some just got 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crudbreeder View Post
Now you only have to find a way to incorporate the "blue water gel" into your design
hmm... NO!! NEVER!!!!

Old 6th Jan 2013, 13:00   #98
quizz_kid
Squid

I have a question about using multiple wirless USB devices.

Iīve just found two very cheap wireless USB gamepads. On my desktop they seem to be cooperating well(The receivers are both plugged in fronpanel USB) But on my laptop, only one of the gamepads is working. Seem to be a bit of a fight between the two 2.4GHz receivers, not that strange really I guess. But why is this? And why does only my desktop manage?

Old 6th Jan 2013, 13:55   #99
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
is the recievers in the same usb pair? or hub? USB on laptops sometimes have a smaller current output, they should give 200mA, on stationary pc they almost always do deliver that or more och each usb connector, on a laptop it might be 200mA totally for all usb connectors! i had the same issue with a keyboard and mice and joystick an laptops, the laptop couldn't give enought power for the equipment to work.. =/

try with:
Changing one of the recievers to another usb connector (if the laptop has 4 or more it's usually on different hubs)
Shut of wlan and/or bluetooth because they're quite often connected with usb (therefore uses the same 200mA current as all other peripherals).
Try with an external powered usbhub.

Those was mostly for sorcing out if there is a power problem if it's and you need all other peripherals, well, you gonna need that extra powered usb hub.

Hope this wall atleast helps out a bit...

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2013, 22:10   #100
quizz_kid
Squid

Thanks for the info kelmannen! The laptop has three USB connectors, and Iīve tried changing between them. Sometimes (if Iīm lucky) the controllers work simultaneously, but only for a couple of seconds. How does an what-you-call external powered usb hub work?

View Mode