bit-tech.net

Old 20th Aug 2012, 08:17   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Darksiders II review

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/xbox-.../darksiders2/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 08:45   #2
alpaca
llama eats dremel

alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
really liked the first one, a bit mindless, but good fun. Is it also true this one is better played with a controller? The first one surely was...
Old 20th Aug 2012, 09:42   #3
Energizer bunny
What's a Dremel?

Energizer bunny has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No mention of graphics or performance issues. Can I just take it that these are up to scratch?
Energizer bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 10:20   #4
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
After the PC reviews I've read, I think it's better to play it on the 360. The PC version has... issues (Hell, the first Darksiders had issues on the PC, I couldn't even get it to recognise my 360 Joypad).

Saying that though, I did love it on the 360 (and I'm now playing it again on the PS3 thanks to my PS+ subscription) and can't wait for my copy of DS2 to arrive in the post.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 10:43   #5
SlowMotionSuicide
Come Hell or High Water

SlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for presidentSlowMotionSuicide should be considered for president
Had the first installment on PS3 (since this is the only genre I play with consoles), and I'd really hope I'd got it for PC instead - PS3 just lacks the grunt to properly run some of the larger areas, the refresh rate dropping below playable. And as anyone aqcuainted with games of this sort knows smooth framerate is an absolute must, especially when you start upping the difficulty.

Definitely on my list to get, though, once the price drops a little. Guild Wars 2 coming out soon.

HTPC: i3-3225 | H77-Pro4-M | 4Gb Ripjaws | GTX 660 |120 Gb Samsung 840 | Corsair CX400W | Silverstone GD-04
SlowMotionSuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 12:42   #6
runadumb
Supermodder

runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.runadumb is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I'm really looking forward to this. I rented the first on PS3 and as SlowMotionSuicide said the framerate was terrible in places but I loved the game. It was a 7 out of 10 that had 10/10 potential but just fell short in, well, every area I guess. That ending though, those last 5 seconds, what a "**** YEAH!" moment.

I bought it on PC during a sale and before moving onto Darksiders 2 I will re-play it... after I finish Alice: The madness returns. Which is another game that ,despite its many flaws, I'm really enjoying. I keep hitting that F12 screenshot key The art style is incredible!
runadumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2012, 11:12   #7
wizpig
What's a Dremel?

wizpig has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
tt
wizpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 10:23   #8
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My copy arrived yesterday, love it so far, but I can't help but feel that Death should have been voiced by John Hurt (although Michael Wincott does sound as if he's trying to sound like Hurt).

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote