bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 20th Aug 2012, 08:21   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The Best Thing I Saw At GamesCom 2012

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...amescom-2012/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 08:38   #2
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
No mention of Puppeteer? Son, I am dissapoint.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 08:56   #3
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Disappointed that Dishonored is mission based, rather than an open world game. Am sure it'll last a few days but seems like such a waste to create such an interesting world and just offer it up in little snapshots.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 09:07   #4
[PUNK] crompers
Dremedial

[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[PUNK] crompers is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I almost want to stop reading about dishonoured now until it comes out, don't want to ruin it for myself
| Main Rig | TJ07B-W | 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Sabertooth Z77 | 8GB Corsair Vengance | EVGA FTW 670 @ 1305Mhz | Samsung 830 128GB |1TB Samsung F3 | EK Supremacy CSQ | EK FC680 CSQ | Corsair HX650W | U2711 | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless | Xonar Essence STX | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm |
| HTPC | Lian Li Q11-B | AMD A10 5800k | ASRock FM2A75M-ITX | 8GB XMS3 2000 | 1TB Seagate | SFX 350W |
[PUNK] crompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 09:37   #5
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis
Disappointed that Dishonored is mission based, rather than an open world game. Am sure it'll last a few days but seems like such a waste to create such an interesting world and just offer it up in little snapshots.
I have to disagree with you here. I can't imagine being open-world would have made Deus Ex, Thief or System Shock any better - quite the opposite, I suspect it would have ruined them.

Last edited by Bauul; 20th Aug 2012 at 09:44.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 11:34   #6
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming SaiyanSpreadie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
+1

It's ironic but I find that open world games often offer less than the more scripted games.

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 11:59   #7
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I'm quite liking some of the hybrid approaches that a few have managed.

Batman AC for example, good strong scripted story and fun set pieces but the open world to go do some of the (less interesting) missions and just beat up (practice) goons and try things with worrying about losing progress, plus since your the bat the world is very open and your not stuck running through endless corridors when your in the city.
Old 20th Aug 2012, 16:52   #8
Skill3d
Multimodder

Skill3d has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Steampunk assasins creed fpsrpg = Dishonored

I'm eagerly waiting to see how it turns out
Skill3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2012, 04:35   #9
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Games with arbitrary levels just feel so archaic now. I don't mind travelling to a place and starting on a set piece adventure (Batman Arkham City, Mass Effect or Super Mario World style) but just a line of fixed situations, to be tackled end to end, in precise order, just not a fan. Such games tend to get played end to end and discarded forever. Which is no bad thing necessarily, I've loved some level based games such as the Hitman series, but I like a bit more continuity these days, a bit more agency.

Struggling to think of a really great orthodox level-by-level game in recent times now. Usually it's just guff like Call of Duty that does that.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote