Baguette
Multimodder

Baguette has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Fantastically high standard! Man, I'm getting so jealous XD
Baguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Oct 2012, 18:04   #82
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
This is simply amazing! Wonderful work!

Also, does that Lion Park happen to be in either Joburg or Durban? Asking because I believe I went to the exact place last time I visited my dad in Joburg!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 11:52   #83
ziza
Multimodder

ziza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That sleeve and that plaint job looks perfect.

Amazing project so far.

cumps,
ziza
per me si va tra la perduta gente
ziza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 19:52   #84
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
That's the best guide I've seen for heat shrink less sleeving.

Nice pile of progress.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 15:23   #85
Fuganater
Supermodder

Fuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos_Viegas View Post
WOW man

Congratulations!

Awesome job!
Haha cheers bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakon View Post
The leather on the door is definitely the perfect choice and the sleeving does look much better now...
Looking forward to the next update!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.3nny View Post
woow verry nice update !
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baguette View Post
Fantastically high standard! Man, I'm getting so jealous XD
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
This is simply amazing! Wonderful work!

Also, does that Lion Park happen to be in either Joburg or Durban? Asking because I believe I went to the exact place last time I visited my dad in Joburg!
Thanks! It is just outside of Joburgh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziza View Post
That sleeve and that plaint job looks perfect.

Amazing project so far.

cumps,
ziza
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
That's the best guide I've seen for heat shrink less sleeving.

Nice pile of progress.
Well thanks Waynio! Maybe you can do it in your build?
Old 3rd Oct 2012, 15:40   #86
dreps
Multimodder

dreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
such an amazing case. this is just a magnificent case!
dreps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Oct 2012, 10:00   #87
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
Well thanks Waynio! Maybe you can do it in your build?
If I can get the money together for sleeving I will, nice & neat that, I'll be sure to use a cheap soldering iron though.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2012, 21:20   #88
Fuganater
Supermodder

Fuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run Crysis
Happy to say that EK is sponsoring my build!!

Gregor was able to send me a few things. EK-Multioption 250 Basic Res, 8x 90 Degree rotary fittings and a T-Shirt.

Now for the update. It is kinda big because I have not had time to write it up so here goes.

I had to figure out a way to get the water from the res into the dual pump top. A direct run would not work so here is what I had to fashion out of fittings I had laying around. Kinda ugly but it works and its out of sight.

Got out my Curcial M4 128GB SSD and installed it on the Silverstone bay.

Found a 320GB HDD so I'll put that on there for now. I'm trying to get a 512GB SSD for games.

Now to figure out how to wire them all and make it look good...

I also cut the Slim ODD cable so only the power cable is left. I have to use a longer SATA cable than what came with it.

The 3-cable and 4-cable clips came in.

Added a bunch of them to the PCI-E cables and they look pretty good.

I finally got all the holes cut in the midplate so I put the leather on it.

Then I used a furniture marker to color the edges since its fabric and the back of the leather is white.

I like it.

Now for a fun mod. Old GTX 560Ti backplates.

Traced

Cutting and drilling is boring so I skipped that part... and now we have... leather backplates!

And gold brackets

I also covered the SLI bridge with some leather.

Looking good IMO...

I put the res in and added some random fitting to see how it will all work.

I had to make some brackets for the midplate to keep it level. The 24-pin cable pulls it down a bit in the back. Pics later of how they are mounted. (Ya I forgot to take them...)

But here is how it looks from the front.

Top panel before...

And after!

Paint the mesh gold and it looks great!

Painted all the thumb screws gold.

And installed.

Random shot...

Vacuum tubes!!

Playing around with how they will be sitting. (Not sure of final setup yet)

Cut the leds off the bottom so they sit flat on the midplate. I'll drill a hole under them for the LED.

I cut some small pieces of acrylic to hold the LEDs under the mid plate.

PROBLEM! I bought Yellow single LEDs instead of Amber so they don't match!!

I put in a order yesterday for some Amber ones and resistors.

I think we need some lighting.

Using a fan bus to power the LEDs

I bought 2 of these new ones since I only have 1 of the above one. (They have to be the same since I'm OCD like that)

I'm not set on only having Amber lights so lets add some switches so I can have white too!

Start making cables.

Finished. (More pics of this later)

Finally the rainy season is here! (It rains every... single... day...)

That's it for now! I have some more stuff coming this week so next weekend I will be busy.

Cheers till then,

Fuga
Old 8th Oct 2012, 22:17   #89
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
WTF? I didn't sub yet? Here's correcting that...

I love the colours, so using white LEDs would in my opinion suit the build much, much better than coloured ones.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2012, 08:11   #90
dreps
Multimodder

dreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
simply amazing . keep up the wonderfull work
Old 9th Oct 2012, 08:57   #91
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is definitely a rep cheat.Sarakon is definitely a rep cheat.Sarakon is definitely a rep cheat.Sarakon is definitely a rep cheat.Sarakon is definitely a rep cheat.Sarakon is definitely a rep cheat.Sarakon is definitely a rep cheat.Sarakon is definitely a rep cheat.Sarakon is definitely a rep cheat.Sarakon is definitely a rep cheat.Sarakon is definitely a rep cheat.
You are on a roll!! Awesome update...Loving the leather touches. Definitely the right leather choice

[EDIT] By the way, i think your before and after pics are exactly the same....

Last edited by Sarakon; 9th Oct 2012 at 11:22.
Sarakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2012, 10:53   #92
Baguette
Multimodder

Baguette has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You just never know when to stop the awesome do you... One of the finest, most attentive and detailed mods I've seen in a long time! Absolutely impatient to see the end result :O
Baguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2012, 11:27   #93
ziza
Multimodder

ziza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WOW the case illumination is simply perfect

Amazing build so far.
per me si va tra la perduta gente
ziza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2012, 09:57   #94
dreps
Multimodder

little question: will the leather not lose it's color because of heat (and maybe leds light)?
Old 10th Oct 2012, 10:39   #95
Fuganater
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
WTF? I didn't sub yet? Here's correcting that...

I love the colours, so using white LEDs would in my opinion suit the build much, much better than coloured ones.
Thanks for the sub! I'll be adding white or off white SMD LED strips which is why I added the switches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreps View Post
simply amazing . keep up the wonderfull work
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakon View Post
You are on a roll!! Awesome update...Loving the leather touches. Definitely the right leather choice

[EDIT] By the way, i think your before and after pics are exactly the same....
Thanks! Good catch... I'll fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baguette View Post
You just never know when to stop the awesome do you... One of the finest, most attentive and detailed mods I've seen in a long time! Absolutely impatient to see the end result :O
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziza View Post
WOW the case illumination is simply perfect

Amazing build so far.
Thanks!
Old 10th Oct 2012, 11:23   #96
knightyc
CPC refugee

knightyc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post

Finally the rainy season is here! (It rains every... single... day...)

Fuga
Here in England thats called everyday lol

Looking good dude I wish my pc was as good looking as yours
Old 10th Oct 2012, 21:51   #97
Fuganater
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightyc View Post
Here in England thats called everyday lol

Looking good dude I wish my pc was as good looking as yours
haha thanks!
Old 11th Oct 2012, 13:24   #98
KrunchR
Supermodder

KrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
looking like good quality modding! love the tubes.
KrunchR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2012, 14:33   #99
Fuganater
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrunchR View Post
looking like good quality modding! love the tubes.
Thanks

Here is a teaser of what I'm currently working on. Modding the EK-Multioption Basic 250 res.

Old 13th Oct 2012, 00:09   #100
Fuganater
Supermodder

Not a big update but an exciting one.

I wanted something to put behind the 2nd PSU bracket that looked cool so I made a stand.

Drilled a hole and covered it with leather.

And added a vacuum tube. I drilled out the bottom so I can put several LEDs in it to make it super bright.

Next up was to mod the EK-Multioption Basic 250 Res. I actually got some of this idea from B Negative.

Cut some leather.

And tested how it looked. Hmm needs something

Got a piece of aluminium.

Cut it and filed the edges

Painted it gold and cut a slot in the leather.

Taped off the res

Pained the end caps gold too

Put it all together and what do you get??

Not to toot my own horn but it looks freaking awesome. There will be 2 LED stop fittings in the top to illuminate the water inside.

Minor thing but I need move the top clamp up...

Thanks it! I changed up some things in an old build to get some more fittings for this one. I'll hopefully have some pipe next week so I can get the water going. Also my laser cut parts should be here the end of next week!

Cheers till next time,

Fuga

View Mode