bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 1st Nov 2012, 12:55   #141
Fuganater
Supermodder

Fuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWong View Post
Great mod, Fuga! I've been following your progress through your blog and the group on Facebook - should've realized that there's a build log somewhere!

Subb'd
Thanks!
Old 1st Nov 2012, 12:57   #142
Fuganater
Supermodder

Fuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run Crysis
Not a huge modding update but I got a bit of cool gear in.

I got a Technofront water cooling test bench and 2x new Koolance flow meter displays. Can't wait to use em!

And its Halloween so the family and I did a bit of pumpkin, I mean gourd carving.

She was very interested... made it kinda hard to carve lol.

All done!

Now not to brag, but my wife makes some damn good looking cookies.

Now for the real work... I painted the PSU fan.

Here is a picture of the broken FC10 nixie tube.

Now remember that huge vacuum tube I made with a bracket? Well I got the Amber LEDs in and its time to light it up.

Here is what all the cables look like coming from the front I/O panel.

And just some lighting shots.

Cheers till next time,

Fuga
Old 1st Nov 2012, 13:25   #143
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wile i understand that copper tubing with scratches is more "aesthetically adequate" - i like shiny polished copper
Vetalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 14:51   #144
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming Saiyan
This:

Looks really good
Old 1st Nov 2012, 15:04   #145
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakon View Post
This:

Looks really good
Agreed. That si the best light setup for this mod.

Fuga,why don't you use one of pressure meters you bought in your wc loop? It could be nice functional addition to loop. You can buy new temperture meters that look like that and make the look old. And I can easily imagine nice valve one those wc pipes. that would meke cool detail.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 17:46   #146
KrunchR
Supermodder

KrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitKrunchR is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Awesome. Just awesome.

The cookies look amazing!
KrunchR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 20:18   #147
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Those are the best looking cookies Ive seen!! And the mod looks amazing aswell. Love the warm lighting.

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2012, 20:21   #148
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Simply stunning.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 08:44   #149
GLA-58
Minimodder

GLA-58 has yet to learn the way of the DremelGLA-58 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I want one of these cookies !!

The case : just awesome
GLA-58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 08:55   #150
Fuganater
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakon View Post
This:
Looks really good
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Agreed. That is the best light setup for this mod.

Fuga,why don't you use one of pressure meters you bought in your wc loop? It could be nice functional addition to loop. You can buy new temperture meters that look like that and make the look old. And I can easily imagine nice valve one those wc pipes. that would meke cool detail.
I don't have the right fittings to use the meters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrunchR View Post
Awesome. Just awesome.

The cookies look amazing!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Those are the best looking cookies Ive seen!! And the mod looks amazing aswell. Love the warm lighting.
Lol thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Simply stunning.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLA-58 View Post
I want one of these cookies !!

The case : just awesome
Thanks!
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 09:43   #151
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Awesome cookies, awesome mod & for a change I have munchies supply while seeing munchies in a project log so I'm not craving.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2012, 09:42   #152
Ripitup121
MMMMMMm watercooling....

Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
Not a huge modding update but I got a bit of cool gear in.

I got a Technofront water cooling test bench and 2x new Koolance flow meter displays. Can't wait to use em!

Please please please tell me where i can get one of these benches

Project is looking good mate, the end is in sight , No?

Rip

Ripitup121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2012, 12:33   #153
Fuganater
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Awesome cookies, awesome mod & for a change I have munchies supply while seeing munchies in a project log so I'm not craving.
Haha. I was eating loads of them while modding :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripitup121 View Post
Please please please tell me where i can get one of these benches

Project is looking good mate, the end is in sight , No?

Rip
No idea. I got it off a trade for a case I reviewed a while back. Someone on OCN said they had one they weren't using. Maybe put up a WTB thread there.
Old 5th Nov 2012, 10:19   #154
Ripitup121
MMMMMMm watercooling....

Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Ripitup121 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
No idea. I got it off a trade for a case I reviewed a while back. Someone on OCN said they had one they weren't using. Maybe put up a WTB thread there.
No Worries, i did some scouting and found one on performancepcs.com for 170 USD

Ripitup121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2012, 18:14   #155
Owndapwn
Modder

Owndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run Crysis
Looks great, but I'll never understand why people will pay ~$200 to water cool their memory and Northbridge: Two of the coolest components in the case.
Having a side intake fan would have been ample.
Owndapwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2012, 19:27   #156
Fuganater
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owndapwn View Post
Looks great, but I'll never understand why people will pay ~$200 to water cool their memory and Northbridge: Two of the coolest components in the case.
Having a side intake fan would have been ample.
$200? Cost me $80 and its all for looks. 90% of people WC for looks.

If you don't like it, then do cool them. Its your call.
Old 5th Nov 2012, 23:15   #157
ZWong
What's a Dremel?

ZWong has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Beautifo. I love the amber lighting. I prefer all amber to half amber, half white. I feel like the fully illuminating white light kinda throws off the darker/Steampunkish amber.

But still awesome
ZWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2012, 17:32   #158
Owndapwn
Modder

Owndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run CrysisOwndapwn can run Crysis
Quote:
$200? Cost me $80 and its all for looks. 90% of people WC for looks.

If you don't like it, then do cool them. Its your call.
I was just basing it off the typical $100 per block. $100 is pretty standard for CPU and GPU blocks.
Old 6th Nov 2012, 20:41   #159
Fuganater
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWong View Post
Beautifo. I love the amber lighting. I prefer all amber to half amber, half white. I feel like the fully illuminating white light kinda throws off the darker/Steampunkish amber.

But still awesome
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owndapwn View Post
I was just basing it off the typical $100 per block. $100 is pretty standard for CPU and GPU blocks.
Ya RAM, CPU and Chipset blocks are much cheaper than GPU blocks. Since I didn't have many sponsors for this one, I bought all the blocks used.
Old 7th Nov 2012, 20:06   #160
Owndapwn
Modder

Quote:
Ya RAM, CPU and Chipset blocks are much cheaper than GPU blocks. Since I didn't have many sponsors for this one, I bought all the blocks used.
Well at least low functionality parts have low prices.

View Mode