bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 23rd Aug 2012, 10:09   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Interplay re-forms Black Isle Studios

Sadly forgets to invite the original staff along to the party:
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...y-black-isle/1
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 10:22   #2
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
Would be nice if we saw some old skool PC only isometric RPGs from them.
No original staff is a bit of a worry though.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 10:24   #3
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMIFFYDUDE View Post
No original staff is a bit of a worry though.
Yeah, that's the bit that concerns me. To be fair, I don't know that it won't have *any* original staff - just that every original staff member I've looked in to knows nothing about the project. Assuming any of them still talk to each other, that's surprising if there *are* original Black Isle members involved.
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 10:49   #4
Tyrmot
Supermodder

Tyrmot has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Expect to see a F2P Baldur's Gate MMO announced any day now then... ^^
Tyrmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 11:44   #5
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No original staff = Brand necromancy. There's no value to the pedigree when a company does this.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 11:55   #6
Blazza181
SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis View Post
No original staff = Brand necromancy. There's no value to the pedigree when a company does this.
They're essentially going to be the Sugarbabes of the gaming world.

A stunning comparison, I know.

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk
Blazza181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 13:32   #7
jamesislush
What's a Dremel?

jamesislush has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If a new Icewind Dale is released, it will be a very happy day!
jamesislush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 14:54   #8
KMS-oul
You think you know me.

KMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hmm resurrect a studio that is known for certain style of product yet don't hire have any of the staff that shaped that studios identity in the first place...... yay.
KMS-oul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 15:17   #9
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Some of the staff work at Obsidian don't they? There are also supposed to be some working on the Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition that is in the works.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2012, 00:31   #10
dolphie
ken sent me

dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Lemme guess they are going to pump out a bunch of cash ins that all play like Dragon Age 2.
dolphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2012, 06:42   #11
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazza181 View Post
They're essentially going to be the Sugarbabes of the gaming world.
Brilliant. Rep++

Tags
baldur's gate, black isle, black isle studios, fallout, icewind dale, interplay