bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 23rd Aug 2012, 15:02   #1
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

AciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run Crysis
Autob0t Sk1ds "worklog"

This will be my 3rd mod but my first worklog here. My other mods can be found in my signature. Hope you like it

Hardware:
CPU: Intel i7 2700k @4.5GHz
MB: Asus Sabertooth P67
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB 1866MHz
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS
Storage: External
GPU: GTX 680
Case: CM Storm Trooper
PSU: Corsair AX850

Watercooling:
CPU block: EK-Supremacy - Nickel - Plexi
GPU block: EK-FC680 GTX - Acetal+EN Nickel
Rad 1: Phobya G-Changer 360 Ver. 1.2 Black
Fans: 3x Scythe 120MM Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM D1225C12B5AP-15 - pull
Rad 2: Mayhems MHE240 LE Quad pass heat exchanger.
Fans: 4x NOISEBLOCKER 120MM NB-BlackSilentPRO PL-1 - push/pull
Pump: Laing D5 with matt black mod kit
Reservoir: Bitspower 150 upgrade kit / black mod pump top
Fittings: Bitspower matt black
Tubing: Masterkleer
Liquid: Mayhems Pastel Mint Green

Other:
Case fans: Scythe 120MM Slip Stream 800RPM on HDD bay & Nanoxia DX Series 140MM DX14 - 700RPM in the back
Monitor: 42" Philips FULL HD TV
Mouse: Logitech G700
Keyboard: Logitech K350

Official sponsors:

Special thanks to:

<--- My local hardware store for always doing some free work for me

Lets start with some pictures of the case

Last edited by AciD_RaiN; 20th Sep 2012 at 01:45.
AciD_RaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 15:04   #2
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

AciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run CrysisAciD_RaiN can run Crysis
These are the fans I will be using in pull on the 360 rad in the top (more on that later how I will be fitting a 360 rad in the top)

I was really unhappy with those colored wires so I decided to sleeve them and change the connectors as well

The Mayhems radiator is just very plain and awesome and plain awesome

I thought it was necessary to have a window so I ordered the windowed side

Now starting some paintwork

Last edited by AciD_RaiN; 24th Aug 2012 at 14:17.
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 17:29   #3
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

A little update

Did some painting on the mesh on the window side, painted the mayhems radiator and some fan grills

And here is the case pretty much naked

My little nephew totally agrees that the handle has to go :P

Took a bit of drilling and dremeling to get it off but in the end it came off

Next up: Making room for the 360 rad in the roof

Last edited by AciD_RaiN; 24th Aug 2012 at 14:18.
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 19:29   #4
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

This will be my last update for now. I just need more money to buy more stuff so I can continue.

These are the front panel cables That I won't be needing

So these are the ones that are left

Making everything ready before I start cutting for the 360 radiator

Now I can fit a 360 rad in the top but there is still one problem...

Here is the handle after I cut it to the right size. It will only serve as a visual effect but won't be able to hold the case

And the handle fits just perfectly

Now the problem I had with fitting a 360 rad with pull configuration was that the top panel wouldn't have fitted on top of the last fan so I had to cut into the plastic. I was kinda scared that I would screw it up and ruin the case but it turned out really well in my opinion

Now I have to leave the case like this until I can get me some more supplies and things I need for this like case feet, u-channel and some other stuff that will be shown when the time comes. Hope you will enjoy and follow the rest of my worklog

Please if you have any ideas post them and if there is something I could have done better please let me know :P

Last edited by AciD_RaiN; 24th Aug 2012 at 14:19.
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 20:07   #5
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I like what i see !
You are doing the same mod as TTL
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 20:48   #6
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
I like what i see !
You are doing the same mod as TTL
Is it exactly the same? So I'm just a copycat then
Old 25th Aug 2012, 05:21   #7
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

I got lent some money so I could go get my custom made car paint and continue at least a little. Here's a little preview of what I did today

Started by adding the painted fan grill and a fan to the HDD bay

Painted some of the mesh on the case

And I painted the 360 rad.

More on the results of today's work tomorrow. Stay tuned
Old 25th Aug 2012, 16:46   #8
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

The 360 radiator painted, with the dust filters on

I had to get the handle better fitted so my cat's won't jump on top of it and it falls off so I added a layer of hot glue first so the handle would sit in the right position.

Handle fitted with hot glue

And the handle sits just perfectly
Old 25th Aug 2012, 19:44   #9
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AciD_RaiN View Post
Is it exactly the same? So I'm just a copycat then
Exactly the same on the top
Check TinyTomLogan's fbpage or youtube videos
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2012, 20:47   #10
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
Exactly the same on the top
Check TinyTomLogan's fbpage or youtube videos
Yeah I checked it after I read your comment. I was actually taking this idea from skitzab1 and changing it a little. Well as it says in south park, "Simpsons did it" I probably have some original ideas in the future on this build to make up my copycat ways
Old 25th Aug 2012, 22:17   #11
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Well I finished all the painting so I decided to share it from all sides

And the top again when it's on :P

Found some U-Channel in my drawer so I decided to try it out. I tried mounting the radiator with a fan and everything fits even though it's a little thick

I had to finish my can of car paint so I painted the extra side just for fun. Actually looks better then I thought but doesn't look really good though lol

Now I need to wait for all the parts and components so there won't be any update for some time now. I hope you like it so far and hope you will follow my worklog
Old 25th Aug 2012, 22:37   #12
Shurika
Multimodder

Shurika has yet to learn the way of the DremelShurika has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Don`t you think to replace the cap on the lowest the same as the rest? so do not get out of style
Old 25th Aug 2012, 23:21   #13
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurika View Post
Don`t you think to replace the cap on the lowest the same as the rest? so do not get out of style
Sorry English is not my first language. Are you talking about the aluminum plate in the bottom with the storm logo on it ??
Old 26th Aug 2012, 03:13   #14
barry99705
sudo rm -Rf /

barry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:

And the top again when it's on :P

Thank you for wearing socks!
Old 26th Aug 2012, 13:37   #15
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
Thank you for wearing socks!
Really -_-

Edit: Sorry I had just woken up when I saw it but now I think it's funny. Not sure if someone wants to see my tattooed feet

Last edited by AciD_RaiN; 26th Aug 2012 at 16:14.
Old 26th Aug 2012, 16:26   #16
Shurika
Multimodder

Shurika has yet to learn the way of the DremelShurika has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Sorry English is not my first language. Are you talking about the aluminum plate in the bottom with the storm logo on it ??
My too. I mean this

to replace with the same as higher
Old 26th Aug 2012, 19:20   #17
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurika View Post
My too. I mean this

to replace with the same as higher
ohh yeah there will be a fan controller in the top so this will disappear I was just trying it out like this since it will be replaced anyway so thanks for your well appreciated tip
Old 26th Aug 2012, 20:41   #18
skitzab1
Multimodder

skitzab1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelskitzab1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelskitzab1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
lookin sweet there mate keep it up love the green and hay its called modding not patenting--
stick to your plan and fire them guns
skitzab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2012, 20:58   #19
AciD_RaiN
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzab1 View Post
lookin sweet there mate keep it up love the green and hay its called modding not patenting--
stick to your plan and fire them guns
Thanks mate. Your support means a lot to me and you have been a great inspiration to me on this one It's not a complicated mod or a massive modding but it's my 3rd mod and I've only been modding for a few months. I think it will turn out just the way I wanted it. I just need a few components and parts to finish
Old 27th Aug 2012, 00:53   #20
barry99705
sudo rm -Rf /

barry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Really -_-

Edit: Sorry I had just woken up when I saw it but now I think it's funny. Not sure if someone wants to see my tattooed feet

Too often we have build logs with some dudes gnarly feet.

Tags
autobot case mod

View Mode