bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 2nd Sep 2012, 19:04   #41
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JitsuSparty View Post
get some safety specs and wear them.
A very good point.
adidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 23:29   #42
JitsuSparty
Multimodder

JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.
ok last post of the weekend (I'm an addict)

I aim to get the majority of the metal cut from the case by the end of this week, as well as the acrylic window finished and installed

Depending on how the chat with Kustom pc goes I may also have the materials I need to complete both sides of the case

so looks like it may be snowballing soon only thing I need to fully look into is the powdercoating - not sure if I will need to strip the case to bare metal or if the engineering firm will do it for me (they are a local firm - I believe in supporting local business where I can)

So Say We All - BitFenix Prodigy casemod
JitsuSparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 23:59   #43
whatsthatnoise
Modder

whatsthatnoise has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
... not sure if I will need to strip the case to bare metal or if the engineering firm will do it for me (they are a local firm - I believe in supporting local business where I can)

Normally, if you do something yourself, you don't have to pay for it if someone else has to do it. Given that you care for keeping costs down.
whatsthatnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 22:01   #44
JitsuSparty
Multimodder

JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.JitsuSparty is definitely a rep cheat.
Update 3/9/12

So today I managed to start cutting the case:

I am purposefully cutting slightly inside the lines - so I can finish it off nicely with a file/sandpaper later... as this is my first time cutting steel

Unfortunately it started getting late so only halfway through the cut - going to finish it off tomorrow hopefully

Old 4th Sep 2012, 20:04   #45
JitsuSparty
Multimodder

Update 4/9/12

Sooooo good news and bad news...

firstly good news - took my other side panel to local engineers and they can laser cut it, I just have to strip the coating off the side so they can - which might take some time but we will see. Oh and then provide them with a .drg to use. note cad programs are great but can be a b***ch to draw in

anyway bad news - well you know I told you like 100 times to wear safety glasses. Well also make sure you know where you leave your tools - as exhibit A here shows

that was in my foot (I'm going for the sympathy vote here) so I am giving up for the evening - hopefully more tomorrow

oh and a big thank you and shout out to Graeme from Kustom PCs - who took the time to provide me with good advice on the custom decals I am looking to get done

Old 4th Sep 2012, 20:40   #46
Big_malc
Ultramodder

Big_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming Saiyan

Only I will remain
Big_malc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2012, 23:26   #47
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
[B]

that was in my foot
I know this must have hurt but that's the funniest thing I've read all day!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2012, 00:09   #48
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
What were you doing wearing ketchup bottles on your feet mate?
Old 5th Sep 2012, 08:19   #49
JitsuSparty
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
I know this must have hurt but that's the funniest thing I've read all day!
Lol - Do I win a prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidan View Post
What were you doing wearing ketchup bottles on your feet mate?
Nope that's claret, only bit I intend to sacrifice to the PC case modding gods for now.

Old 5th Sep 2012, 09:49   #50
adidan
CPC_refugee

Quote:
Nope that's claret, only bit I intend to sacrifice to the PC case modding gods for now.
Maybe you should invest in a cricket box.

Sod it, the rate your going get fully kitted out like you're heading out onto the Oval.
Old 5th Sep 2012, 21:01   #51
JitsuSparty
Multimodder

Update 5/9/12

So just bought the last few pieces of 'stuff' I need from Kustom PC, Graeme is a very patient man .

hoping to get the side panel laser cut over weekend so spent last hour sanding the paint off the side so I can hopefully get it done over the weekend.

Old 6th Sep 2012, 02:06   #52
whatsthatnoise
Modder

whatsthatnoise has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Stop cutting and hurting yourself - or your stuff - and show us more progress!
whatsthatnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2012, 08:23   #53
JitsuSparty
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsthatnoise View Post
Stop cutting and hurting yourself - or your stuff - and show us more progress!
Happy to oblige, this is the outcome of last night

Old 7th Sep 2012, 00:46   #54
aramil
Keeping it Kerbal.....

aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.aramil is definitely a rep cheat.
"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya... You killed my father prepare to die!"

Epic film , and a great idea for a mod. (although a little dangerous.......)
System: Intel i5 3570K delidded CLU @ 4.6Ghz | Asus Stabertooth Z77 (2003) | Asus GTX560-TI Direct cuII | OCZ Agility 3 120Gb | Samsung 1Tb F2 | WD 500Gb | Corsair 750TX v2 | 8Gb (2x4) Corsair Vengence | Corsair K90 Keyboard | XSPC-Raystorm-750-RS2400 (2 X Akasa viper) | Casecom 5288 | Samsung LS24B300HL / LE46C750 | Windows 10 64bit | Audio: Linn Classik & Keilidh Speakers
aramil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2012, 17:16   #55
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks like some nice cuts, but if you managed to get a hobby knife in your foot...
Uni Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2012, 21:01   #56
JitsuSparty
Multimodder

Update 7/9/12

Ok so I gave my side panel to the people who will laser cut it today, hoping to get that done by end of weekend. I am at colours most of the weekend so that's all that will be done I think

Once that's done all I have left to do is:
  1. Finish cutting 'hole' in side panel and file to size
  2. Cut acrylic window to size
  3. Put etch in window (straight)
  4. Measure and cut coloured acrylic
  5. engrave motif into acrylic
  6. Put Decal on acrylic
  7. Sort out fixing strip
  8. Airbrushing
  9. Powder Coating
  10. Rivet Case Together
  11. Simples

As you can see not much left

Last edited by JitsuSparty; 8th Sep 2012 at 14:39. Reason: Random photo
Old 7th Sep 2012, 22:10   #57
JitsuSparty
Multimodder

Update to update

ok so I spent 5 mins in sketch up to give a bit more of an idea to you all what is inside my head.

This pic basically shows the colour I am going for the case as well as the side window. The main bulk of the case is going to be a silver bronze, with some parts (PSU/MOBO tray holder, mesh) white - so I can paint some stuff onto it

ayway I would appreciate any feedback (I reserve the right to ignore it) hopefully this case mod will be complete by end of September

Oh and here's a sneak peek of the goodies I got in the post today

Old 10th Sep 2012, 10:35   #58
adidan
CPC_refugee

Cool JS, I do like bronzey type colours.

Not entirely sure how the white would work with it if I'm honest but then I have no idea how you're going to be painting them.

How's the case for stability BTW, I seem to recall the article in CPC saying it was a bit wobbly on it's feet. Anyway to sort that or is it not really an issue?
Old 10th Sep 2012, 12:35   #59
James'Mods
Mad Man Modder

James'Mods has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very interesting color combination. The red acrylic will turn into a window panel? Good job modding so far.
James'Mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2012, 13:16   #60
JitsuSparty
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidan View Post
Cool JS, I do like bronzey type colours.

Not entirely sure how the white would work with it if I'm honest but then I have no idea how you're going to be painting them.

How's the case for stability BTW, I seem to recall the article in CPC saying it was a bit wobbly on it's feet. Anyway to sort that or is it not really an issue?
I'm planning on getting the case powder coated, including the white bits... but will be stepping back and seeing how it will look etc before forking out for that.

as regards to stability, when I had it assembled it wasn't too bad, the plastic 'feet/handles' were quite solid but if you push it/press on it they do flex. But I dont plan to use it as a beer stand (I currently use the lovely flat surface ontop of my antec 900 to rest beer - it has a fan it helps cool it )

with regards to the 'rattling' issue raised in the review - I havent noticed it when they were on - but I haven't had a system running in it yet.

anyway that's my lunch break gone - only 4 days until Half Life Source will be here

Tags
bitfenix prodigy, case mod, window

View Mode