bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 27th Aug 2012, 21:58   #1
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Project MonoBits (Extreme Prodigy Build) - The case is back to gether 14 Sep 2012

Hello everyone!

Now it's time for me to finally start another project!
I got the idea when I saw a preview image that BitFenix ​​had posted on their Facebook page and I was instantly in love with the case, I thought to my self that I really wanted that case and hopefully do a buildlog from it. I immediately started talking to people on various forums and websites, but also some who posted reviews on Youtube and asked about different dimensions so I could start sketching how I would like to have the build. My goals are extraordinary and should strive to do the best Prodigybuild made so far. I will go with a full setup of watercooling into this project, i will try to make it as highend as i can make it, everything that can be watercooled in this build will be. I will build and mod everything to perfection and having fun throughout the whole project. It will normally include a lot of sleeving and lots of other things and I will keep the project relatively short so it will hopefully be updated at least once or twice a week. That was it for the little speech, and here comes the additional information on the project, I hope you think this is interesting and I wish you pleasant reading!

Hardware:
Case: BitFenix ​​Prodigy White
Power Supply: Silverstone Straider Plus 850w
Motherboard: Zotac Z68-ITX WiFi
processor: Inter Sandy Bridge 2500K
Memory: Corsair Dominator GT 2000MHz
Graphics Card: Asus GTX570 Direct CU II
SSD: 2x 120GB Corsair Neutron GTX

Watercooling
Fans: Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition High Static Pressure 120mm Fan
Controller: mCubed T-balancer MiniNG
Radiators: 1x Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 120mm, 2x Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm
CPU-Block: Bitspower CPU Block Summit EF (Intel) (Acrylic Top Version)
RAM-Block: Bitspower Galaxy Freezer 2
GPU-Block:
Reservoir: Single D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150 (Black POM Cap) (Model Name: BP-D5TOPUK150P-BKBKCL)
Pump: Alphacool VPP655 - Single Edition
PumpTop: D5 MOD TOP V2 (POM Version) + D5/MCP655 MOD KIT (Model Name: BP-655D5P2-MBK)
Tube: Primochill 7/16"ID, 5/8"OD Clear
Fittings & Acessories: Bitspower
22x G1/4" Bronze Age Compression Fitting CC6 For ID 7/16" OD 5/8" Tube (Model Name: BP-BACPF-CC6)
10x G1/4" Bronze Age Rotary 45-Degree IG1/4" Extender (Model Name: BP-BA45R)
10x G1/4" Bronze Age Rotary 90-Degree IG1/4" Extender (Model Name: BP-BA90R)
2x G1/4" Bronze Age Triple Rotary 90-Degree IG1/4" Extender (Model Name: BP-BA90R3D)
8x G1/4" Bronze Age Stop Fitting (Model Name: BP-BAWP-C06)
2x G1/4" Matt Black CaseTop Water-Fill SET (Model Name: BP-MBWP-C04)
4x Thermal Pad A (94x19x0.5MM) (Model Name: BP-WBTP-A)
1x Matt Black Mini Valve With Black Handle (Model Name: BP-MVV-MBKBK)
1x Bitspower Flow Indicator (Model Name: BP-FI-CLBKMBK)

MonoBits is sponsored by:
Aqua Tuning
Bitspower
Corsair
Silverstone

Please visit and Like my Facebook Page and you will see my news, sneakpeaks, buildlogs, sleeving and much more!

Last edited by KoSoVaR^; 16th Apr 2013 at 22:55.
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2012, 21:59   #2
KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Here are the Scetchups, Yes i know...The case hase some improvements today from what i did in the sketchupmodel, i hope you like it so far !

Old 27th Aug 2012, 22:21   #3
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Oh goodness, Kosovar doing a SFF build!? This is going to be great!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2012, 21:05   #4
KoSoVaR^

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Oh goodness, Kosovar doing a SFF build!? This is going to be great!
Hehe...Rather doing onother one remember chocolate temptation ?
I hope so
Old 28th Aug 2012, 21:28   #5
Stark.Jr
Multimodder

Stark.Jr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
Hehe...Rather doing onother one remember chocolate temptation ?
I hope so
And what are you going to do whit that project now, when you have started a new one?
Old 28th Aug 2012, 21:42   #6
KoSoVaR^

Time for another update guys!
Today i bought the Bitfenix Prodigy, The white version because of the very clean looking front
Some pictures on the beauty

The case was free from damages and artifacts etc and im glad about it, the swedish delivery firms are not that greatful with the stuff sometimes
Tomorrow i will take everything down for some prep work but more about that tomorow night as i am going to the workshop
Old 28th Aug 2012, 21:43   #7
KoSoVaR^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark.Jr View Post
And what are you going to do whit that project now, when you have started a new one?
Dont worry my friend, i will finish it as soon the cnc-company can take and finish my things
Old 28th Aug 2012, 21:55   #8
Stark.Jr
Multimodder

Stark.Jr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
Dont worry my friend, i will finish it as soon the cnc-company can take and finish my things
Sounds good i do want to see that and this project done

//Stark.Jr
Old 28th Aug 2012, 23:14   #9
KoSoVaR^

Quote:
I will work on the case, and ge it finished, installing the hardware in not that hard
Its a longtimeproject and i will make the best of it!

Quote:
Sounds good i do want to see that and this project done

//Stark.Jr
And you will my friend

Dont forgett to subbscibe and like my FBpage !
Old 29th Aug 2012, 08:52   #10
coolamasta
Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking good, just got myself one of these Prodigy cases to play with so will be watching with interest

My Main Rigs:~ H2O'd i7 3770K @ 4.5 - 16GB - H2O'd GTX 670 | Asus Z9PE-W8, EP-Xeon 2670 @ 3.2 - 16GB
| ~~~ My Current Dual EP-Xeon 2670 Project ~~~ | ~~~ My Mitsubishi Evo Track Car Project ~~~ |
coolamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2012, 10:31   #11
Mizugetsu
Multimodder

Mizugetsu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looking forward excitedly

good luck

Subbed
Mizugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2012, 11:48   #12
KoSoVaR^

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolamasta View Post
Looking good, just got myself one of these Prodigy cases to play with so will be watching with interest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizugetsu View Post
looking forward excitedly

good luck

Subbed
Thanks guys, i will be updating tonigh when im back home !
Today i made some progress on the demounting
Old 29th Aug 2012, 21:04   #13
Shurika
Multimodder

Shurika has yet to learn the way of the DremelShurika has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yes! strip it! Love the design
Old 29th Aug 2012, 22:42   #14
KoSoVaR^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurika View Post
Yes! strip it! Love the design
Here it comes !

Hello Guys!
Today I had time to do a litel bit
I took down everything from the case, removed the hard drive cages, the 5.25 " bay and the fans, right now it's just the headchasis left and it will be modified a bit. I want to keep this build as clean as possible and I will not over do it somehow...designwise
Here you have some pictures of the work so far.

The origginal inside of the case

I started removing the first harddrive cage which sat in place with a thumbscrew

The next step was to remove the 240mm fanfilter on the top but also the front which went very fast and had just a simple locking mechaism and some clips, god its easy to work with the case!

And now at last, the fans and the 5,25" Bay, everything i needed to do here was to remove some more screws and they were gone! I didnt need to use the dremel or my drill !
I will give my thumbs up for this awsome construktion, this is how it should be !

An empty naked Prodigy, its some serious eyecandy!

This was tonights update, i hope that my pacage from Aquatuning arrives tomorrow och the next day after.
More about that when it arrives and then i will be making another update,
Dont forget to comment and subscribe please
Se you until next time !
Old 31st Aug 2012, 11:53   #15
KoSoVaR^

Halloj!
I received a rather unexpected package yesterday, and it was from Silverstone sponsoring me with a Straider 850w Plus (ST85F-P)
I thank a lot for your help and the very quick delivery !

What can I say about this PSU?
The power supply is very quiet, it has good efficiency and looks overall very good.
The only drawback is their multi-colored cables ...
There will be no problem for me in this case, because I will make my own from scratch instead, so I can get the right length and no hassles inside the case

It was the update for this time guys!
/ V.B

Last edited by KoSoVaR^; 11th Sep 2012 at 20:19.
Old 31st Aug 2012, 12:23   #16
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice start, really look forward to more!
Now go and paint that PSU white!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Aug 2012, 13:10   #17
KoSoVaR^

Quote:
Thank you mate.
Naah, i will keep it black otherwise this wouldent be mono , i want a bit of contrast in my buils as everything is simply plain white you will se a lot more

Last edited by KoSoVaR^; 31st Aug 2012 at 14:44.
Old 31st Aug 2012, 14:55   #18
KoSoVaR^

Quote:
Thank you mate.
Naah, i will keep it black itherwise this wouldent be mono , i want a bit of contrast in my buils as everything is simply plain white you will se a lot more !
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 19:11   #19
KoSoVaR^

Hey everyone!
I now have an important package that helps me to see what happens with the water cooling inside the computer.
This package is from my good friend Andreas Walter who works over at Aquatuning
The content cinsists the latest full copper radiators from Alphacool who says to cool very well, regardless of their sizes, these radiators can also be found in brutal depths if you are the one who want the best of the best

I thank Andreas a lot for his support in my project and that he kindly sponsored me with theese following items:
Alphacool VPP655 - single edition
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 120mm
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm
Swiftech ClearFlex60 16/12mm

A rather big pacage

Lots cardboard... it protects the stuff good anyway, which only is an advantage for me.

Now to the content I love those boxes!

Tomorrow i will be testing if the rads fits inside the case... I'm keeping my fingers crossed right now!
Old 6th Sep 2012, 20:54   #20
KoSoVaR^

Sorry that this update was a little late, do have a lot sleeveworks right now and regret priority over construction of the project.
It is a bit sad that I get so little feedback here on Bit-Tech, this is after all my english home and favourite forum
Some more comments, feedback, suggestions, and much more would have been really nice!

Now on to what i have done:
-I have been scetching on how I will mount the rads for the most optimal tuberouting
-Mounted radiators (got a little problem with frontrad)
-Mounted some hardware

Plans for what to do:
-Paint some details in dark gray
-Moddify the frontplate so that the frontrad fits into place
-Sleevt the PSU and other wiring
-Mount the water blocks
-Mount the hardware
-Mount the fittings and the tubes
-Fil the system up and leak test
-Game the heck out of it in Dreamhack Winter 2012!
-Photo Shoot in the studio

Now the radiators are finnaly inside. ... but i had some problems with the frontrad... I need do moddify the baseplate of the frontpanel a little, so that the rad could fit to the bottom of the case as the endtank of the 240mm rad touches the front panel bottom plate , it shall be easy to fix with the dremel

It took several tries before I found the optimal location for water connection holes ... but damn good it was if one may say so myself

Now the problem, the radiator cant sit toward the front panel, but it should be fixed pretty fast while those details I have chosen to be prepared for the paintjob.

I mounted the motherboard inside to get an overview of the whole thing, it looks very good so far!

Then i mounted an GTX470 and played with a sleevad extension cable of how it would look

All the radiators are attached with very clean looking 6mm UNC-32 screws from MDPC-X

Snapcaps for the rear radiator screws... It's the details that make everything

That's all for this time ... i hope to however to get more comments and feedback from all of you!
I know you can do better: D!

Best Regards
/ Venhar

Tags
bitfenix, kosovar, kosovarmods, monobits, project

View Mode