bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 28th Aug 2012, 09:36   #1
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
LG outs 21:9 aspect EA93 monitor

One for cinemaphiles, perhaps?
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...8/28/lg-ea93/1
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2012, 10:20   #2
alex101
Geek

alex101 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
oooow me thinks this could maybe be the middle ground between 1 normal monitor and eyefinity/surround setup? The only problem could be the price...

(I'm thinking of gaming with it btw)
alex101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2012, 10:33   #3
Noob?
Dremel?

Noob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I want one! Price?
Noob? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2012, 11:11   #4
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So it's basically a 2.35:1 aspect ratio monitor - something that the "anti-black-bar" brigade has been banging on about since 16:9 screens appeared for SD televisions back in the days of CRT, and yet lots of films still had black bars on the top and bottom.

Frankly, I'm amazed it took them this long for someone to make one.
Old 28th Aug 2012, 11:17   #5
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming Saiyan
6 of these in portrait eyefinity could be interesting...
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Asus 780 Posiedon Platinium, 512GB Crucial Mx1000, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2012, 11:27   #6
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Pete View Post
6 of these in portrait eyefinity could be interesting...
Too narrow in portrait mode for 3x2P. 5x1P would be a bit less painful, but I'd rather go with 16:10 2560x1600 monitors if I was going higher than WUXGA.

A lot will depend how much larger than bottom bezel is.
Old 28th Aug 2012, 13:53   #7
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
W00t! Super wide screen. Well I GUESS it could be more useful for movies than 16:9 TV.

In similar news, Philips is discontinuing its 21:9 TV's due to lack of demand.
http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/28/32...s-discontinued

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2012, 14:16   #8
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ideal for a virtual pinball machine...
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2012, 15:32   #9
Instagib
Ultramodder

Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shifter
So it's basically a 2.35:1 aspect ratio monitor - something that the "anti-black-bar" brigade has been banging on about since 16:9 screens appeared for SD televisions back in the days of CRT, and yet lots of films still had black bars on the top and bottom.

Frankly, I'm amazed it took them this long for someone to make one.
Actually, there are a couple tvs in the market that have been available for some time. But as everything on tv in now either 4:3 or 16:9, everything gets streatched to fit and looks like arse. Plus, superwide dvds/blurays seem to be few and far between. But get the two together and it looks awesome.

Silverstone TJ07|Rampage 3 Extreme | i7 950 @ 4.0 | 12Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz | EVGA GTX680 | Akasa 1000W Powermax | 480 rad; all under water
Instagib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2012, 22:43   #10
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

RichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
the lack of demand was due to high price
Old 28th Aug 2012, 22:59   #11
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Cool. If I mask the bottom 2560 x 520 pixels on my 30" TFT, I'll have exactly the same thing.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2012, 23:01   #12
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
I think it's fair to say I want it NAO!

The lack of height adjustable stand would really annoy me though!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2012, 23:29   #13
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
DUUUUUDE, I could, like, switch on ALL the useless categories in the details setting of Windows Explorer and still be able to read it!
Cheapskate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2012, 00:01   #14
schmidtbag
Hypermodder

schmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youschmidtbag - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
this actually seems really cool - very good idea. I think it'd be better if there was a slight bend in half the screen that you normally see with a dual-monitor display.

The 4-way split screen seems a little unnecessary though - you could just do a 4-way VNC, which would be more CPU taxing but would allow you to resize or close a screen.
Old 29th Aug 2012, 18:12   #15
Virus44
Supermodder

Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Me want one of these monitors
Virus44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2012, 19:04   #16
Bogomip
... Yo Momma

Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
When widescreen came out I was dubious, and thought they would look weird on computers...

Now I know better. GIMME GIMME GIMME
Bogomip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2012, 19:45   #17
Noob?
Dremel?

Noob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming SaiyanNoob? is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Cool. If I mask the bottom 2560 x 520 pixels on my 30" TFT, I'll have exactly the same thing.
LMAO!
Noob? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 19:17   #18
oliverr97
Multimodder

oliverr97 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.oliverr97 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.oliverr97 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.oliverr97 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.oliverr97 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.oliverr97 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.oliverr97 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.oliverr97 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.oliverr97 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.oliverr97 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.oliverr97 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I'd love one of these, but i can see these being very pricey
Cm Storm Enforcer|Intel i5-2500k|Asus p8p67 pro|8gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance LP Blue1600mhz|EVGA GTX 460 1gb| Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro|Corsair Force 3 60gb SSD|Hitachi 1tb Hard Drive| Windows 7 Professional|
oliverr97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 19:26   #19
LennyRhys
Air Cooled

LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
LG will be aiming the EA83 at designers and photographers.
Photographers won't touch it with a bargepole... I would stake my life on that.
Old 8th Oct 2012, 00:25   #20
Gradius
IT Consultant

Gradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for president
Monitor is 2.37:1.

Price I guess MSRP $699, could be wrong.
Gradius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21:9, ea83, ea93, lg, monitor