bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 29th Aug 2012, 07:56   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
E-sports teams disqualified for collusion

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...or-collusion/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2012, 09:16   #2
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
First Badminton now e-"Sports" will the disrespect never end!

Won't some one think of the children.....
Old 29th Aug 2012, 10:37   #3
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
a 2yr ban should be added to this also .
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2012, 19:36   #4
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Vidja germs iz srs bzns.

I didn't spectate the game, but the article states that some who did still felt that they were each trying to win and simply agreed to a certain way of playing the game. Without proof that they were going to split the winnings or having a certain team win it seems a little early to take away the prize and "Circuit points". As long as both teams are doing all random, all mid they're both on equal footing.

I would go so far as to say that the match was a lot of fun for both teams and entertaining for the spectators because it's so unique, which is why I really can't stand e-sports. It's a game. Both teams were clearly enjoying it as such yet all they get is punishment.
Old 30th Aug 2012, 09:23   #5
Griffter
Supermodder

Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Griffter - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth
Vidja germs iz srs bzns.

I didn't spectate the game, but the article states that some who did still felt that they were each trying to win and simply agreed to a certain way of playing the game. Without proof that they were going to split the winnings or having a certain team win it seems a little early to take away the prize and "Circuit points". As long as both teams are doing all random, all mid they're both on equal footing.

I would go so far as to say that the match was a lot of fun for both teams and entertaining for the spectators because it's so unique, which is why I really can't stand e-sports. It's a game. Both teams were clearly enjoying it as such yet all they get is punishment.
well take it out of this and change it to any main stream sport, ala soccer... if the striker says "i will not shoot at goal but try and win" during the game is a big no no. cos u affecting the game negatively. not choosing ur best character is also affecting the game. discussing strategies with opponents is also very much colluding. so i think the just taking money away is too little of a penalty myself.
Griffter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2012, 10:04   #6
agennazes
Banned

agennazes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
E sports teams disqualified for collusion

Excellent. Enjoyed the first game but the events were a bit odd. It may be a blatant Wii Sports clone awaits the Ninty fanboys to point this out and gnash their teeth but I bet itll be good fun.
agennazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2012, 19:07   #7
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
well take it out of this and change it to any main stream sport, ala soccer... if the striker says "i will not shoot at goal but try and win" during the game is a big no no. cos u affecting the game negatively. not choosing ur best character is also affecting the game. discussing strategies with opponents is also very much colluding. so i think the just taking money away is too little of a penalty myself.
I suppose that depends on what you call a negative affect on the game. If not playing a win at all costs no fun allowed game is a negative affect then it's already a lost cause in my mind. Both teams agreed to the same terms and played by them, each still trying their best within the self-imposed rules and most importantly: wanted to do something interesting and fun. Apparently fun isn't allowed if that gets punished.
Old 30th Aug 2012, 19:28   #8
Stonewall78
Multimodder

Stonewall78 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is this like in "The Wizard" where the guy pulls out the power glove?
Stonewall78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2012, 22:09   #9
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Well then...

KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote