bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 4th Oct 2012, 06:40   #21
jay2
Indonesian Modder

jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Awesome.. are you planning to put your PC under your seat?
Aaaaand, a blue coolant will be great..

never say sorry for your english dude..
jay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2012, 15:31   #22
Fifas
Minimodder

Fifas has yet to learn the way of the DremelFifas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lol Thanks

Yes, the Hardware will go under the seat. Today I'll take some pics
Fifas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2012, 12:01   #23
Fifas
Minimodder

Fifas has yet to learn the way of the DremelFifas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
After a really busy weekend, did some more work on the base

Starting by disassembling the PSU. Because I didn't have much space inside the case, I've decided to remove the connector from the PSU and solder the "new" connector directly inside

Connector out

Soldering...

Don't forget the heatshrink tubing

And last, installed the "quick swap" connector (I will explain this )

And assembled everything back

Finnaly, I received new MDF for the base!

Started cutting

And started assembling the pieces that will fix the base in the outside case

fixing the PSU

And this is for the rad

Next, started painting, and while the paint didn't dry, started working in the CPU's Block LEDs

Some sleeving

And here, almost painted!

The screws for the seat rails

Next, did a little clean to my graphics card

And started assembling the hardware in the "inside box" (Random photos )

After the paint dried, I've started assembling the hardware in the "outside box". Starting with the rad

Rad Placed...

Here the extension's connectors

And last, started assembling the watercooling....Need some more tubing and curves, but for now this will work

And that's it for today..More news tomorrow

Edit: Just found out that got a mod of the month nomination.. wasn't expecting that. Don't know what to say...Thank you very much guys!

Last edited by Fifas; 9th Oct 2012 at 12:22.
Old 9th Oct 2012, 12:26   #24
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice fun project Fifas & it fits in nicely with your setup.

I think I wouldn't be able to resist doing similar if I bought a wheel & pedals.
Stars & rep
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2012, 15:43   #25
Fifas
Minimodder

Thank you Waynio!
Old 11th Oct 2012, 11:31   #26
Fifas
Minimodder

One more time, thanks all of you for the MOTM nomination. It really means a lot to me.

And here's a very small update!

The front/top structure is almost ready. Missing the cover from the Monitor

Received this today...

Turn it on for testing and.....GEEEZ, that's a lot of light! I never though this will had so many light. I need to control it in some way...

So I start building this! This is connected to an Arduino, and will control the FANs and LEDs. It is still a prototype, so it's kinda ugly. After testing I'll make a nice PCB

Next filled the watercooling and started searching for leaks...

And some random shots.

Back to work now
Old 11th Oct 2012, 15:12   #27
Mankz
________

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Such an awesome mod, love it and genuinely want one.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2012, 00:28   #28
Fifas
Minimodder

Thanks Mankz!

Because I'm really busy, here's a very very small update

(...or maybe just a photo )

Almost ready!

Going to start designing the new "extras"... (Handbrake, RPM and Shift Lights, and a button box)
Old 13th Oct 2012, 21:12   #29
spigs_rex
Modder

spigs_rex has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow i am so impressed by that! Its original and looks amazing
looking forward to seeing the watercooling finished!
spigs_rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2012, 08:27   #30
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifas View Post
Going to start designing the new "extras"... (Handbrake, RPM and Shift Lights, and a button box)
Sounds like very nice additions.
Old 15th Oct 2012, 09:45   #31
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I dont really play racing games but damn.. I really want to looking at this!!
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2012, 12:02   #32
Fifas
Minimodder

Thanks guys!

Really love your feedback

And here's another small update!

Assembled the case

LEDs ON

And testing one of the FANs connected to the controller

Placed the plexi. Still not fixed

More updates later
Old 16th Oct 2012, 16:54   #33
Fifas
Minimodder

Some more pics

FAN

Case assembled

Assembled the FANs in the grill too

And more pics

LEDs at Full Power...

Thanks!
Old 16th Oct 2012, 17:59   #34
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Epic.. really cool job man
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Oct 2012, 18:07   #35
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Really awesome job on this Fifas, congrats mate.
Old 16th Oct 2012, 18:20   #36
Fifas
Minimodder

Thanks guys
Old 21st Oct 2012, 15:11   #37
Fifas
Minimodder

So, first let me say I'm sorry because I don't have any new photos or updates, but I want to tell you some stuff about what I'm working

The "mod project" itself it's practically done. Now I just need to finish the little "extras" I've already talk about...I will make a Handbrake (Rally/Drift style, next to the Gearbox), a Gear and RPM light, and a Button Box, for extra buttons.

Maybe later a better hardware, but not for now.

Another thing that people ask me about it's the monitor stand. I have a new project for a better monitor stand, with VESA mounting. That way, I can have different monitors. And this will allow me to have triple monitors too. But I will not build that for now. Need to find a job first

Meanwhile, I've been working on another "toy". A homemade CNC, and will use it to make some small stuff for this project

And one more time, Thank you all for your feedback!
Old 1st Nov 2012, 23:16   #38
Fifas
Minimodder

Hey Guys!

Sorry for the lack of updates, but finnaly found a temporary job, and had no time for the project

Meanwhile, had a problem with the FAN Controller. The problem is that my Cooler Master Fans don't like the PWM control at all, and they make a really loud buzz.

So, after a little messing with PWM frequencies in the Arduino, ended with this:

Still not perfect, so I need to change it to work without PWM, and still need to make the program to controll it without need to type the values all the time
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 01:29   #39
that_du^de
give your head a wobble

that_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitthat_du^de is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
wow! very nice indeed. can i have a shot of the keys when its done????
mozart tx case(11x120mm fans),intel i7 920@4ghz(20x200)1.28v,asus rampage extreme 2,6gig corsair ram(3x2gig),2xati hd5870 crossfire,titan fenrir hsf,enermax revolution 1250w psu,1x120gig ssd 4x1tb hdd,x-fi elite pro soundcard,dell 2405fpw 24"lcd,zboard merc k/board,cyborg rat 7 mouse,win7 64bit
that_du^de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 09:50   #40
Fifas
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_du^de View Post
wow! very nice indeed.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_du^de View Post
can i have a shot of the keys when its done????
Sorry but I didn't understand what 'keys'

View Mode