bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th Sep 2012, 07:52   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The world of unknown games

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/gaming/...unknown-games/
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2012, 08:28   #2
rak500
Multimodder

rak500 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I play Xconstruction and Spira defense on Android, they're quite nice.
On iOS, the latest game I found was Splice, it's somewhat odd but novel which it is quite good. Sworcery on iOS is quite good too, it is a bit strange but nothing looks like it and it manages to create a little world of its own.
It's nice to see a renewal in the game industry, where it's not all about racing, RPG or FPS...
rak500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2012, 08:55   #3
Jezcentral
Multimodder

Jezcentral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Blimey, buying games based purely on the box? I remember doing that. It was 1993, and the game was Legacy by Microprose. It wasn't great, but UFO: Enemy Unknown was, as was Master of Orion, Civilisation, Master of Magic, F117-A and F19 Stealth Fighter. The early nineties were great, and Microprose was a great developer/publisher.
Jezcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2012, 09:28   #4
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezcentral
Blimey, buying games based purely on the box? I remember doing that. It was 1993
I remember doing that. It was 1982.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2012, 09:41   #5
PlayedStation
Possessed like an apostrophe

PlayedStation has yet to learn the way of the DremelPlayedStation has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezcentral
Blimey, buying games based purely on the box? I remember doing that. It was 1993
I remember doing that, it was 1066
PlayedStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2012, 09:43   #6
blacko
Multimodder

blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.blacko is definitely a rep cheat.
I bought a game because of the box....

Zool
blacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2012, 10:23   #7
Saivert
Supermodder

Saivert has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would be playing more Android games if it wasn't for the fact that most games do not support my Samsung Galaxy Ace even though its processor is more than capable of playing anything purely 2D based. Forget 3D. Most games are 2D anyways.
I do no understand why the Play store says my phone is not supported when it really would be able to run a title without much effort. Something seriously fishy going on.
Old 12th Sep 2012, 12:37   #8
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacko
I bought a game because of the box....

Zool
Classic!

I just took one look at this post and hopped straight on Play to get World of Goo which has been sadly missing from my phone up until now.

As the sun set over the last of the hills, one of the Goo Balls seemed to say...
...that life sure seemed like a giant physics simulation!
Old 12th Sep 2012, 18:12   #9
billysielu
Multimodder

billysielu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
SSCU Trench Wars is the best thing ever, google it, srsly.
billysielu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2012, 19:04   #10
SimonStern
Registered Lurker

SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!SimonStern - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayedStation View Post
I remember doing that, it was 1066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
I remember doing that way back too. Back when you could because games weren't so outrageously overpriced. It wasn't much dropping $20 on a game even if it turned out to be crap. I'm not dropping $65+ on the chance I might like a game.

Those were the good ol days, I got quite a few games back then, games I would have never played but I picked them up because the box/description/pictures looked good and they were cheap. I remember I bought Warsong/Langrisser for the Genesis for $19.99 back in '91 or so, just because of the box, and I was just recently playing it again a couple months ago. Now that's value...

Sorry, nostalgia got to me.
Old 12th Sep 2012, 19:16   #11
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
i don't understand this fascination of gaming on a phone.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2012, 20:58   #12
Jezcentral
Multimodder

Jezcentral has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith
Because we can't take our PCs to the toilet?
Jezcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2012, 21:31   #13
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm sure plenty of people have their memories of before this time, but it never ceases to amaze me how all of the games I played as a kid (N64, PS1, GBA, etc) are so commonly available in used games shops. Compared to today there weren't nearly as many games! A thrift shop, not even a dedicate games store mind, had almost all of my cherished N64 collection in their used game stock! And some of there weren't exactly big hits, there just weren't as many titles so even the obscure games pop up.

Now my Steam collection over the last five years has almost grown larger than my childhood games collection counting all consoles combined and that's still just a fraction of the games out there! It's magical and frightening at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
Neither do I. I still have yet to install a game on my Galaxy Nexus, doubt I ever will. Makes for some funny moments, though. People will mention popular mobile games and when I have no idea what they're talking about will assume I'm not into gaming! Couldn't be farther from the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezcentral View Post
Never understood this either. If you're in the restroom so long that you need your phone to entertain you I highly suggest seeing a doctor!
Old 19th Sep 2012, 15:40   #14
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezcentral View Post
Never understood this either. If you're in the restroom so long that you need your phone to entertain you I highly suggest seeing a doctor!
As a true gamer, you shouldn't miss ANY opportunity to play games!
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote